Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats the point of exalted weapons not being able to use mods like blood rush or weeping wounds?

11 hours ago, BahamutKaiser said:

But Silvia Aegis doesn't make you invulnerable though...

Try Blocking.... which also builds Combo.

9 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

So ya.. just make it so the waves dont benefit from acolyte effects. EBs better preformance with direct attacks would make up for it with them in fantastic fashion.

I mean that just puts us back the old argument of :"Why spend energy to kill enemies when i can use a normal weapon to do the same ?"

Here it is pure and simple... Exhalted Weapons are suppose to be deal an ass load of damage.... so Those mods should work to their Full effect even on the waves....

If not ? Its back to Meme Strike Zaws....

9 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Oh no I just meant without power strength, I mod the claws themselves for dmg, not valkyr. They do really good without power strength. I didn't know power strength even increased the dmg of hysteria.

All exhalted abilities and Pseudo Exhalted Abilities have a base damage you can see in the arsenal.... increasing your Power Srength increases that total base damage.... slap Pressure Point on top of that and the Total Overall Damage increases by quite abit....

Strength is a huge deal for these Warframes... i have a mininum of 200% Strength for all of them.... Khora being the only exception because Range works better for her.... if more damage is required then its cheaper to use the Augment.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

instead of piling up energy and angrily swooshing through things, you have to fill up a new "exalted meter" through getting kills, then, when you activate the ability you get  ~10 seconds of Exalted ability, however.. the Exalted weapons would now be ungodly, ridiculous levels of OP, I'm talking 100k damage, I'm talking 500% Crit chance, absolutely unthinkable ludicrous, jaw-dropping stats, that make your Exalted kill just about anything.. but only for a few seconds.

Thats great.... but theres just one tiny problem with this...It would suck to be limited to 10 seconds in content where this level Power is unnecessary.

If you play Gauss then you know how much it sucks when enemies are so weak that you cant benefit from Kinetic Plating yet Redline still eats all your Energy Regardless. And yeah... you would want to use Redline even if its not needed simply because its so much fun.

31 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

also valkitty will become meta as fuk 
claws with br and ww...sweet 😄

But they are still Claws....the lack of range has always been the thing that made players prefer Exhalted Blade over Hysteria even if Claws were 15 Times Stronger....

Sapmatic explains this perfectly in this outdated video.

considering the pros and cons of all the other Exhalted Melee Weapons... Exhalted Blade offers decent Power with the most Usability...

That being said.... if you dont mind the restraint gimmick you can become The Last Airbender with Baruuk.... Captain of the Lamp Shade Brigade !!!

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I said valkitty not because her claws are the best, but for pure survivability sake. Excal's blade is the N1 in terms of potential damage imo but if some mob lv3000+ hits him from behind it's lights off.
Also range is not a problem with the new melee system.
baruuk is in the same boat as valkyr but he needs some attention in gameplay
tl;dr for a melee frame that "has it all" and it's easy to use val will be your best friend - if you can equip br,ww you need not go for more power and focus on efficiency.

23 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I said valkitty not because her claws are the best, but for pure survivability sake. Excal's blade is the N1 in terms of potential damage imo but if some mob lv3000+ hits him from behind it's lights off.
Also range is not a problem with the new melee system.
baruuk is in the same boat as valkyr but he needs some attention in gameplay
tl;dr for a melee frame that "has it all" and it's easy to use val will be your best friend - if you can equip br,ww you need not go for more power and focus on efficiency.

Theres always room for more power !!! 😛

in any case Primed Reach on claws  isnt enough for my Preferences. Heavy Blades, Whips and PoleArms are more My Speed....

i have both Primed Reach and Spring Loaded Blade on my Dagger.... i cant use it without those 2 together.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Try Blocking.... which also builds Combo.

I mean that just puts us back the old argument of :"Why spend energy to kill enemies when i can use a normal weapon to do the same ?"

Here it is pure and simple... Exhalted Weapons are suppose to be deal an ass load of damage.... so Those mods should work to their Full effect even on the waves....

If not ? Its back to Meme Strike Zaws....

All exhalted abilities and Pseudo Exhalted Abilities have a base damage you can see in the arsenal.... increasing your Power Srength increases that total base damage.... slap Pressure Point on top of that and the Total Overall Damage increases by quite abit....

Strength is a huge deal for these Warframes... i have a mininum of 200% Strength for all of them.... Khora being the only exception because Range works better for her.... if more damage is required then its cheaper to use the Augment.

Thats great.... but theres just one tiny problem with this...It would suck to be limited to 10 seconds in content where this level Power is unnecessary.

If you play Gauss then you know how much it sucks when enemies are so weak that you cant benefit from Kinetic Plating yet Redline still eats all your Energy Regardless. And yeah... you would want to use Redline even if its not needed simply because its so much fun.

But they are still Claws....the lack of range has always been the thing that made players prefer Exhalted Blade over Hysteria even if Claws were 15 Times Stronger....

Sapmatic explains this perfectly in this outdated video.

considering the pros and cons of all the other Exhalted Melee Weapons... Exhalted Blade offers decent Power with the most Usability...

That being said.... if you dont mind the restraint gimmick you can become The Last Airbender with Baruuk.... Captain of the Lamp Shade Brigade !!!

No really I had no idea it was such a big deal...all this time and I could have had stronger Exalted weapons. Not that it matters atm ya know with normal melee weapons outdoing exalted weapons.

On 2020-07-06 at 2:23 PM, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I dont get it. I feel like they should. The only possible explanation I can think of is "but that would be power creep" but i doubt that, considering how insanely strong some melee weapons are right now.

I feel like with the exception of baruuk's fists the exalted weapons are kinda meh. 

This is a graphic description of how they design these kind of stuff.

u3DfrPA.png

You know how they could have avoided this whole ordeal? give the Xoris a longer combo timer OUTSIDE of the Granum Void and then give it infinite timer inside SINCE DAY 1, but maybe someone out there feels some kind of grim satisfaction in giving people something interesting and then taking it away.

Archived