Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't change my email

RaunchyGoblin

Hi. I've tried changing my email about 6 weeks ago, and it didn't work. So I tried again with a different email, and it went through. Than I tried changing it again to the email I actually want to change it to, and I got this error:

TOO MANY E-MAIL CHANGE REQUESTS ON THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE TRY AGAIN AT A LATER DATE.

That was 6+ weeks ago. I've tried changing it once every day for a week. Than every couple days for a week. Than I've tried waiting a week. Still the same error. So I made a support ticket to get it fixed. They said they can't and won't do anything about it and sent me here to make a feedback post... It wasn't that big of a deal for me (I'm just trying to consolidate my stuff to one email) so instead I decided to wait a bit longer, this time 3 weeks, and try again. Same error!

So here I am. It seems you guys have some exponential email change rate locking, which is completely opaque to the user. I have no idea what the cooldown is, so I have to guess, and every time I guess too soon, it increases for some higher unspecified amount, effectively locking me out of email change forever.

And honestly, what problem does it solve to lock people out of changing their emails for MONTHS anyway? Please fix 😞

2 hours ago, Nhamel0311 said:

TOO MANY E-MAIL CHANGE REQUESTS ON THIS ACCOUNT. PLEASE TRY AGAIN AT A LATER DATE.

there, this is the reason. and a suggestes solution. later date might literally be years, though, knowing DE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived