Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

39 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

Serious note, in Simaris's room we could clearly see that MR max is 30, however I do think that it is like hitting maximum level in an RPG - it does nothing.

DE will just remove the bulkhead next to MR30 and the corridor will continue into nothingness you step through a portal and get stuck in a room with Ordis, Vor and Nora continually talking dribble.

I’m pretty excited for the relay thing, I won’t lie. I wanna bless people every day. Walk in and- “So what do we feel like today? Affinity? Power?” And watch the chat explode lol.

I’d feel like a player in the Price is Right where they’re trying to choose a price and the audience keeps saying different things lol.

6 hours ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I got to 15 and have been sitting on it forever. I don't care about MR, but I'm glad those who put in that painful grind get some rewards to show.

=) I only expected to get same as every othere rank so got really surprised they go this crazy with it. I had been happy with just another 1k standing cap.

7 hours ago, ghoti0315 said:

Wait why is this suddenly became a thing

Serious note, in Simaris's room we could clearly see that MR max is 30, however I do think that it is like hitting maximum level in an RPG - it does nothing.

DE introduced more mastery points every year, like what you said, new weapons and warframes, primes, intrinsics, kuva weapons... It is just a matter of time for people to be MR30 if they are continuing to add stuff. So actually it is a big deal out of nothing. Simaris's room maybe shows that MR 30 is the max but hey,

you don't get stuff from attaining other MRs as well, why are you expecting stuff for MR30?

The difference here with other RPG's is that there was not enough content for us to reach MR30 even if we wanted to for 7 years. This has been an accumulated effort and time investment not on the number of items to farm, but the time we've been playing Warframe. 

Based on your profile you started playing last year. You now have enough content to hit MR29 in a few months right from the start of the game from scratch. But for me and many others, this has been 3-6 year long journey. A journey that has involved sticking with DE and with the game throughout WF's many ups and downs for many years. A journey not even DE knew if it could ever be done when they started the game and "decided" on MR30 being the peak because they didn't know the game would last that long.

That's not something a new player like you would be able to appreciate. And that's precisely why MR30 was expected by many people to be different. It's not suddenly a thing.

7小时前 , Slayer-. 说:

DE will just remove the bulkhead next to MR30 and the corridor will continue into nothingness you step through a portal and get stuck in a room with Ordis, Vor and Nora continually talking dribble.

"now your account looks like paracesis, we happily introduces account forma and when you hit MR 30 or 32 or 34 or 36 or 38 you need to apply an account forma to raise your MR cap by 2" oh wait no

34分钟前 , Jarriaga 说:

The difference here with other RPG's is that there was not enough content for us to reach MR30 even if we wanted to for 7 years. This has been an accumulated effort and time investment not on the number of items to farm, but the time we've been playing Warframe. 

Then you think that it would cause backlash because they decided to give you "only" 3 umbra forma and relay blessing (or maybe some other features we don't know yet)?

I understand that you want something that makes your time devoted in this game to pay off, and yes they should do something to reward the veterans. But doing so through MR 30 is not right, since they are introducing new mastery points each update, which would eventually make hitting MR 30 easier.

44分钟前 , Jarriaga 说:

Based on your profile you started playing last year. You now have enough content to hit MR29 in a few months right from the start of the game from scratch. But for me and many others, this has been 3-6 year long journey. A journey that has involved sticking with DE and with the game throughout WF's many ups and downs for many years. A journey not even DE knew if it could ever be done when they started the game and "decided" on MR30 being the peak because they didn't know the game would last that long.

That's not something a new player like you would be able to appreciate. And that's precisely why MR30 was expected by many people to be different. It's not suddenly a thing.

When I said something that people disagree on, they say something like "omg you just joined a short while ago sthu", but anyway

Or let me express my words this way, you mentioned that I can hit MR 29 right now or maybe a few days later (I am MR 25 rn). But what you or other veterans did are also achieve MR 29 as well. If you really want to talk about the meaning of a MR 30 reward, then it is just a reward. Since newer players like me can also get it several weeks after the update, and I don't have to go through tactical alerts or raids or whatever ancient stuff you encountered.

MR 30 has a huge meaning to the game and I agree with that, but if it is meant to reward players that gone through a lot of stuff in warframe, then making a post for "reward more for people who played longer" is a lot better then what you just posted. A really really big reward for MR 30 is actually unfair for old players.

50 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

Then you think that it would cause backlash because they decided to give you "only" 3 umbra forma and relay blessing (or maybe some other features we don't know yet)?

Care to quote where I said that? Here, I'll give you an actual quote for my current stance as it stands:

19 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

I myself am very pleased because prestige solves all of the problems I highlighted in the OP.

Well done, DE.

As for for your following points:

51 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

I understand that you want something that makes your time devoted in this game to pay off, and yes they should do something to reward the veterans. But doing so through MR 30 is not right, since they are introducing new mastery points each update, which would eventually make hitting MR 30 easier.

If not at MR30 (Which has a higher value for years-old veterans due to overall time investments vs. newer players) then when?

Mind you, even most newer players will drop the game before even getting close to MR30. It's a significant milestone within the context of the time and resource investment that is involved. Most people don't care to go above MR9, and then MR16.

56 minutes ago, ghoti0315 said:

Or let me express my words this way, you mentioned that I can hit MR 29 right now or maybe a few days later (I am MR 25 rn). But what you or other veterans did are also achieve MR 29 as well. If you really want to talk about the meaning of a MR 30 reward, then it is just a reward. Since newer players like me can also get it several weeks after the update, and I don't have to go through tactical alerts or raids or whatever ancient stuff you encountered.

MR 30 has a huge meaning to the game and I agree with that, but if it is meant to reward players that gone through a lot of stuff in warframe, then making a post for "reward more for people who played longer" is a lot better then what you just posted. A really really big reward for MR 30 is actually unfair for old players.

I now have the impression that you didn't check the date of this thread when you decided to post.

8 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Perfection.

I can think of no better reward.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

Fools. Fools everywhere.

Wanting the Umbra Forma.

Wanting the Relay Bonus.

But they dont ask the most important thing:

Will the Relay have a visual effect when the bonus is activated?!

It will glow in the color of a rainbow like mario when he use his star-drugs.

At MR30, DE should introduce a mechanic whereby if you don't log-in at least once per week or two weeks, you lose one MR per missed log-in cycle until you are back at MR0, whereby the mechanic deactivates.

Alternately, when your MR hits 0, the game uninstalls and makes your profile inactive until you play again.

MASTERY — THIS IS THE WAY

On 2020-10-09 at 11:18 PM, Berzerkules said:

WTF is wrong with that guy?!?!

Who complains about getting free stuff. DE didn't have to give us anything for MR30. I never tried to get higher MR expecting DE to give me something for it. I did it for all the little incentives we get along the way. When DE announced the rewards for MR30 I was more than happy with 15 loadout slots. Soon I'll be able to have a loadout for all my frames. On top of that we're getting 3x umbra forma, riven slots and some other free stuff I forgot. 

SMH Some people will complain about anything.

Don't forget, that is the guy that got 1-shotted as Inaros by a Junction Specter....lmao. 

Youtubers aren't experts. They have charisma and the time and patience to edit videos and appeal to people's emotions.

18小时前 , Jarriaga 说:

If not at MR30 (Which has a higher value for years-old veterans due to overall time investments vs. newer players) then when?

Mind you, even most newer players will drop the game before even getting close to MR30. It's a significant milestone within the context of the time and resource investment that is involved. Most people don't care to go above MR9, and then MR16.

MR30 reward is a progression reward. I know that it has a higher value for you or other vets, but MR 30 is just a progression to the game, and the matter is that I could level up my mastery to 29 (or eventually 30 after the MR update) in a couple of weeks. But you devoted 3 years into this game! If it is meant to reward veterans or people who spent years on the game, then a very very very good MR 30 reward just... isn't really a way to fulfill the purpose for me. However, if such a reward is implemented, I won't be saying no because it is free items.

And what you mentioned about very new players dropping the game early is a legitimate thing, since MR 9 is wayyyyy too hard for new players. And what DE have to do is, redo some of the too easy MR tests (the 19 to 20 archwing one is really easy even if your brain is destroyed) and redo some of the really hard MR tests (I don't believe that you are doing stealth without loki or ivara using their invisible skill). And they should add rewards for certain MRs other than just MR 30 to provide people incentive to play the game.

As for better rewards for vets, I think that buffing daily tribute could be the thing. I don't think god-given stuff like detonite ampule or 15k credits could do stuff to a high MR account, right (at least for me, 90% of the daily tributes are useless)? Buffing the rewards so that more stuff like boosters and coupons and maybe some rare mods or forma are showing up when you login another day if you played long enough would really be better.

Ok I am done typing im going to claim my 6 detonite ampule cuz I haven't log in today yet

Am 10.10.2020 um 01:47 schrieb Jarriaga:

And right on queue, Brozime is already complaining about the MR30 rewards and the relay blessing mechanic, which in his opinion will either suck and be forgotten or really good depending on which buffs and how long they last:

So, we dont have enough information to judge the relay boosting yet, he says that and explains how it could play out and that is somehow complaining? Did we watch the same video?

Am 10.10.2020 um 05:18 schrieb Berzerkules:

WTF is wrong with that guy?!?!

Who complains about getting free stuff. DE didn't have to give us anything for MR30. I never tried to get higher MR expecting DE to give me something for it. I did it for all the little incentives we get along the way. When DE announced the rewards for MR30 I was more than happy with 15 loadout slots. Soon I'll be able to have a loadout for all my frames. On top of that we're getting 3x umbra forma, riven slots and some other free stuff I forgot. 

SMH Some people will complain about anything.

He isnt really complaining though. There isnt enough information to judge the relay boosting and he definitely didnt complain about the loadslots. If anything he is complaining about not having enough information on the legendary ranks.

I know hating content creators is the popular thing here on the forums but dear god, with posts like that it's really hard for them to take you seriously.

Archived