Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

4 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

I feel like its more about worth and deserving and appreciation of dedication that expectation tbf. 

Well, I hope they won't treat it as something special. I'm sure some people would feel "forced" to grind even more. I can already see the threads.

Spoiler

Although I might be swayed to change my opinion for a Hamster Wheel Prime™️  😅

22 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The Devil May Cry series may also increase HP on higher levels, but enemies also become more aggressive on higher difficulties (Dante Must Die in DMC3 was always very hectic).

Didn't you get one shot in Dante must cry?

On the topic's... topic. 

I really do not see what is the deal with it. I have played Warframe for 5+ years and the "mystery of what is beyond mr 30" feels fabricated as hell. Did we get anything for mr 10? Or for 20? Then why would we for 30?

50 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

Because this is a drama post where you claim that DE is between a rock and a hard place. It seems the whole reason behind this post is to create controversy.

1) DE themselves seem to understand that mastery is important to many players. Originally, the Lich system wasn't going to involve any and they changed their mind around Dev Stream 132.

2) Reb herself calls reaching MR30 "the ultimate sign you've played through the game" at the 9:50 mark of this interview that took place earlier this year and highlighted that DE seem to struggle with the meaning of reaching MR30. The question tied to this answer was in the context of why there is no WF 2, so she was referring to what MR30 means for the future of WF. Thus this indicates that DE may not want it to be just a number.

3) I acknowledge that I don't know if there are other solutions that I simply can't think of other than simply adding MR31 and outright killing this discussion. I just don't think that on either way (Too little or too much) the vast majority of the community will just take it as it is, which ties to point 1 since DE seems to think many people don't bother with a lot of the game's content because it's not worth it.

But if those points all boil down to "drama" then there's nothing I can do to change your perception.

55 minutes ago, Aldain said:

There is Payday 2, which is somewhat similar to Killing Floor in the regards of adjusting the number of non-grunt enemy types on higher levels, most enemies also remain the same level of durable (outside of tiered Bulldozers). Most enemies otherwise remain the same in terms of durability from what I remember, though it has been a while since I played. Left-4-Dead also operates on similar logic.

Same level of durable? Not at all. Enemies in payday 2 have insanely increased health and some even have bulletproof vests, making your weapons barely do anything and worse, some of needed things to deal with death sentence (was one down difficulty) are locked behind DLC means you're royally screwed if you don't follow the build and get things behind DLC. Last time I tried with some people I can't even get out from the starting place because getting hit by a bullet is an instant down

Left 4 dead? Mostly modifying damage between you and infected

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Fighting games (The Blazblue series being my personal favorite, though most Arc sys games also likely count) also tend to have their A.I. react and perform better, albeit usually through input reading to counteract the player it also becomes more capable of picking up combos from stray hits, much like a player might. Note that this doesn't count the obvious "SNK-literally-cheating" bosses because that is a completely different thing.

Which have 1v1 system compared to warframe where you fight hordes. You want enemies start reading your input in warframe? Let's use that "SNK-literally-cheating" to crank up their AI which I doubt will do anything when they're wiped from 50 meters away through any kind of walls and covers

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

The Devil May Cry series may also increase HP on higher levels, but enemies also become more aggressive on higher difficulties (Dante Must Die in DMC3 was always very hectic).

And define "more aggressive". Higher speed? Higher attack frequency? Or what?

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Platformers tend to introduce optional challenges quite well, time trials, mission modes and so on (A Hat in Time's Seal the Deal DLC being rather devilish at times). Older games like the Crash Bandicoot series are pretty infamous for their time-trials.

Which limits you by time and I don't think people will like it

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Even strategy games can have non-damage adjustments to account for player tactics, I remember wanting to pull my hair out from the ways enemies took advanatage of my weaknesses or positioning in Valkyria Chronicles (specifically 4) when playing on hard, no matter how tight my defenses are I was always one slip up away from a problem. 

Which caused because they're not as strong as a Tenno. Change every of them to Tenno hitting 1m damage per hit and no one can ever get near

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

The thing is, like I said in my original posting, it isn't that the number buffs and immunites exist that causes the issue, it is that honestly, for a very long time I haven't seen much effort from DE to try anything else, we have Grendel, but that is once again a numbers thing, specifically turning ours off. Honestly the only genre that came to mind where such similar numbers usage is basically all that could be done were traditional turn-based RPGs.

Then you haven't seen enough. You know what? Even a slightly faster running nullifier makes people cry so explain that. We have many enemies actually being a threat and people complain with their usual "broken" or "unfair" crying

Manic that able to pounce at you if you stand on one place, punishing camping? People cried

Roller that was able to actually stun you? People cried (I remember losing to steel meridian rollers, now they're nothing)

A melee nullifier that are able to run a bit faster? NERF!

Garesh being able to run fast in Dog Days? People said he should be nerfed

Ballista being deadly? It's unfair to have snipers that shoot accurately and without any warning so they must have indicator of their attack

Really, explain how we can have something without people crying for nerf or able to withstand our wrath that knows no boundaries

At MR30 DE will implement the same system as the Kuva weapons, you essentially forma your account and then you start again from MR0 and work your way to MR32, being MR40 the limit.

Now seriously, it will likely be something cosmetic or a decoration, they can't lock power or gamemodes behind such a grind.

21 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

So let's imagine that you just passed the MR30 mastery rank test and all you get is an exclusive glyph or profile badge. That's it. Nothing more than that, which makes reaching MR30 100% optional with nothing lost for choosing not to pursue that path beyond the QoL benefits.

If a badge/trophy is what happens, it will be such an underwhelming and disappointing build-up towards MR30 over 7 years that it will most likely result in the biggest backlash DE have ever seen.

As an MR29 founder and MR hound, that's all I expect.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb KIREEK:

Now seriously, it will likely be something cosmetic or a decoration, they can't lock power or gamemodes behind such a grind.

Actually they can. We are one-shotting everything anyway so it shouldn't make a differnce if we make it with a normal weapon or with a weapon with x% extra damage. XD

what? It's like you are creating your own problems to be upset about... I have a better idea, how about something for all the real ones that do the MR0 thing?

For real, it seems like every other day I see some thread here or on reddit where someone gives their opinion on the game and expects the fact that they're a founder to carry extra weight...  it doesn't. Money talks, bull**** walks.

2 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Well, I hope they won't treat it as something special. I'm sure some people would feel "forced" to grind even more. I can already see the threads.

Hide contents

Although I might be swayed to change my opinion for a Hamster Wheel Prime™️  😅

We are already forced to an extent for trades focus and standing cap base mod cap and some weapon limits (no not to 30 but in general) 

Let them complain imo. 

34 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Dang you got me. Wait... I can salvage this!
I can spend 10p to rename it!

Its still working like a saw.

All you would do is change how you saw the brand.

I though you would have saw that.

Anyone who saw it could.

So, can you saw it?

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Its still working like a saw.

All you would do is change how you saw the brand.

I though you would have saw that.

Anyone who saw it could.

So, can you saw it?

Oi! This is a pun free thread. 

Back on topic before this thread hits the *grinder.*

Theres not much rewards to expecr in mr 30. If mr 30+ happens, most you can have is more starting capacity to kuva weps and paracesis and more syndicate cap.

• 2 months later...

Ok, I had a fair share of thought about it and I believe there might be something saved for MR30.
Precisely, what directly connects to word MASTERY.

This is supposed to be a top level of being a master of weapons and warframes. Which means, obviously, that all weapons and warframes in future will have full capacity from the get go. But I also wouldn't be surprised if behind magical door DE was hiding... Stalker mode.
It makes sense to me, that only players allowed to be a nightmare for others would be ones, that are most profficient with all weapons. Also, because number of MR30 will always be relatively small and thus ensuring, that potential "Matchmaking" for this mode won't be clustered.

Le 07/07/2020 à 22:02, (XB1)C11H22O11 a dit :

Uh... What? It's like hitting max level in a game that's it. And with recent rank 40 weapons I wouldn't be surprised if MR 40 became a thing

To get it you'll have to use a mastery forma (annual random alert that last for 1 hour) to get an additionnal 2 rank that will of course reset your mastery and ask you to either rebuild every weapon/companion/warframe/archwing/necramech/amp/whatever get added to the game or forma each one of them to get mastery out of it.

of course you'll be introduced with the steeled steel path (that will be known as the SS path which sound terrible) allowing you to redo every single mission in the game with enemy being reskinned as sponge (1000% added health, invulnerability phase, shield gating, armor gating, health gating, mission gating) that can only be damaged while affected by void status using your operator amp first to proc a void status or Xaku first ability (available in your local helminth power grocery).

K I don’t get why no one sees how MR 31 can work. It’s like your brains just pause in place and the fan goes high but nothing on the screen moves.

mr 2 gives you 2 points on a level 1 gun. Mr 15 gives 15. Mr 30 gives 30. MR 45 gives 45. Mr 60 gives 60. Mr 75 might even give 75.

until we pass 60 the question of what is going to happen to MR is an easy one.

Archived