Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

On 2020-07-08 at 10:01 AM, SilentMobius said:

As an MR29 founder and MR hound, that's all I expect.

I'd be very surprised if they add anything at all.  They're already laid out what getting to MR 30 means - Higher Void Trace cap, 31,000 daily standing cap with most syndicates, and your weapons and Warframes start at (mostly) max mod capacity.  (Warframes still need to level to get full health and energy and unlock powers, plus weirdo weapons like Kuva-whatevers and Paraceisis that have abnormally high max rank.)

The only reason I might bother with it is the same as when I finally went from 21 to 29.  Higher daily reputation cap, and to just be done with it.  I didn't like most of the tests at all, but now I've done them and never have to think about them again.

(In my opinion being a Founder doesn't mean anything, except possibly that I spent money on Warframe.)

*Edit* Sorry, didn't notice the massive thread necromancy.  Seriously, who digs through two month dead threads to find one to reply to?  OnO

Well, i mean, it's quite "a propos" considering PC players are one weapon away from MR30 and Consoles players are 14k away from it (since we're missing the excalibur founder pack which was never available) ... MR 30 is pretty much happening next prime access / update, hopefully on both platforms simultaneously (PLZ De, add any crappy reskinned lato or something just so both platforms hit he MR celebration at the same time)...

2 hours ago, Wawus said:

But I also wouldn't be surprised if behind magical door DE was hiding... Stalker mode.

I would be surprised, even more so considering how they lowered helminth from mr14-15 to mr8, to hide this long awaited mode for the 10 players who wasted time to level all the trash in the game.

Assuming there is something magical at the end of an arbitrary and meaningless number, is a great way to set yourself up for disappointment. 

Theres no underlying secrets to MR. It is simply a global score of your accounts arsenal. It is a differentiator from your currently equipped loadout. That's it. 

4 minutes ago, Hardwood said:

When somebody reposts a tired topic people yell at them to use the search function and when they use the search function to find the relevant thread people still yell at them for posting in it.

What people generally mean when they tell others to use the search function is that the topic someone is wanting to discuss has already been discussed, not necessarily that they should post in it, but rather that they should view it and see if it answers their question, satisfies their curiosity or one of many other plausible outcomes.

I think de will likely celebrate reaching 30 in some way, given its significance in the game.

And please, you can skip telling me Mr means nothing, about how you're mr3 and can beat the game, how you were in a squad with an mr28 who was hopeless etc etc etc.

Hitting 30 is significant because it means something to the game itself.   I'll bet the devs themselves never thought wf would last this long.  I think they'll want to celebrate in some way.   Might not, and probably won't, be anything that big or significant, but maybe a birthday event, some type of giveaway as a thank you to the players, you know, something nice.

I certainly don't think it'll just pass by without comment.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

What people generally mean when they tell others to use the search function is that the topic someone is wanting to discuss has already been discussed, not necessarily that they should post in it, but rather that they should view it and see if it answers their question, satisfies their curiosity or one of many other plausible outcomes.

Yeah, but when they find that thread lacking and feel like they have something to add it makes perfect sense for them to post their thoughts there.

On 2020-07-07 at 10:59 PM, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You’re really making a big deal out of nothing. MR 30 will just be like any other MR; a slight change to the mastery symbol, along with the usual increase to void trace and mod capacity, along with higher standing limit.

You make it out to be that MR 30 is some enormous milestone when it’s just not. Notable perhaps, but not this huge “I better get something extra special or I riot”

Hahaha yeah, I didnt know this MR30 thing was supposed to be something big. I expected to get my barely noticable standing increase and what not and thats it. Never even occured to me there would be anything more than that. 

But even if they give some "big" reward, saying its gonna make new players angry is kind of odd thing because doesnt every game ever have some kind of endgame reward that only the long time players get and rightly so? I never thought that 'hey this lvl 100 player has a golden helmet, I must get one too immendiately or I will stop playing". No I just kept playing until I got that price I so desired, and it felt all the better after all that effort. Or I got bored before that, in which case nothing matters. 

Reaching MR30 isn't the trick, it's whether you'll ever be able to break past it to MR31 (probably) because that's where the mod capacity mechanic is exceeded for most items and might be grounds for something nice.

Alternatively:

Spoiler

Mastery Forma

DE adds 10 more ranks. At MR 40 all weapons, warfames, vehicles, companions have 40 mod capacity, 50 mod capacity for “Special” weapons like the Paracesis, Kuva Weapons, etc. I don’t think mod capacity is power creep because it’s more like convenience, but I am standing with the “Let’s make post MR 30 worth it” crowd.

To help players catchup in the MR system DE should add..

1. Completing codex entries should give mastery.

2. Completing quests should give mastery (I don’t know if this is already ingame or not)

3. Ranking up in a Syndicate grants mastery.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Guiver909:

Wait,people actually care about MR? you can get it by being afk in hydron.I don't understand why its a big deal,its meaningless.

I do care about Mastery rank. I needed seven years to get even in the near of the (current) highest Mastery rank. And most important I didn't spend most of the time on Hydron, SO, Draco,... I used almost every weapon normally (Even weapons like the kraken, Seer and the Stug).

Actually you can see it like a goal for me. A goal which I will finally reach after 7 years.

That's why I also want to be rewarded to finally reach Mr. 30. But I don't want a stupid weapon, skin, trophy, ephemera or something like that. I just want something which let me say with tears in my eyes:" I finally did it.🥲" Kinda the same like the Rainbow-route in Mario Kart 64. It's a surprisingly very easy track, but the Music combined with the background let me cry even today.

Spoiler

Now Imagine me here as a child (~5years) who needed several tries to finally complete the last and final cup.

The rainbow-road didn't test my skills. It was a reward. And if DE can create a mission like this which doesn't test my skills, but remembers me on my journey (maybe a mix of time time-travel and that the missions starts with the users starter gear and ends with the favorite gear of this player) then they created the perfect ending.

As someone that took 6mo or more to go from MR21 to MR 22 (just reached it) I really don't care either way.  Maybe if it was like a Prisma Kronen Prime Wraith or something ridiculously game breaking I might care about one day maxxing.  But lets be real, if they released a gameplay item a) there would be max butthurt from lower MR that haven't figured out the MR system is pointless, and they'd reverse course b) if it was any good, they'd just nerf it anyway, lol. 

Hope those that do care get something cool though, as that is a LOT of tedious grind... deserves something decent, imo.

If they don't just extend Simaris Mastery test floor to spiral up into infinity I guess it will be a "you completed the game" thing for some people.

Don't think there is any need nor reason for more Mastery Ranks but it will probably be a closing chapter for players if they can't get more mastery. Whats the point in levelling Mastery Fodder if you already have all the Mastery? Some completionists will certainly keep levelling everything but I don't think everyone will have that same incentive without a number attached to it.

Don't think there is a substantial in-game reward to be expected either. Will probably be mentioned on the closest Dev Stream, some celebration post here on the forums etc.

Might be a good opportunity for something that might be a little more representative of player skill rather than playtime in Hydron/good ol' Draco/ancient nodes from before parkour/etc.

Guys i think DE should make one weapon for operator meele effected by mastery rank for example that weapon will unlock after u complete sacriface quest and this weapon will metamorphosis if u get higher mastery rank (if you play legend of legaia you will understand that weapon like parazon when level 1) , that metamorphosis weapon will unclock :

1. More damage

2. Look cool 

3. New stance or added combo stance like legend of legaia

4. Awakening skill tree for operator

sorry my english not good but i hope DE will make it happen 

What I hope from MR30 is for levels after 30 to not increase your MR rank, but let you skip through milestone logins or something like that. Something repeatable that isn't giving us anything spectacular, but something useful (Forma, catalysts, reactors, rivens, slots etc. the stuff in the milestone packs), I'd be content with just getting a similar pack for each level above 30 if it doesn't push milestones forward so long as they don't release any more milestone specific weapons or cosmetics.

It would be nice to get an umbra forma for each level after 30 as well seeing as there's still no other way to get it than nightwave. They seem to want to keep umbra forma from being flooded into the players hands and I can understand that and this could be one of many (I'd hope there are many options to get umbra forma but that's a whole new discussion) ways to obtain umbra forma while still keeping it limited and slowly obtained, but also grants people to obtain umbra forma after missing longer periods of playtime and missing out on getting it from nightwave.

They should give MR30 something, at least some cosmetic items.

Achieving MR30 is not easy, and for most people it takes years to get to this point. Some people have to juggle thru inventory for addition weapons/frames, others have to pay Platinum to buy extra slots. Not mentioning all the resources we spent to make items. We also have to rank them. I know Hyrdron/ESO is pretty fast but nobody likes to sit in the same maps. Some people actually bring weak-ass unrank weapon in regular mission and suffering being weak. 

There is a lot of work have to be done to get to MR30 is all I am saying. We should get some sort of recognition/reward for putting the work in. Look, even log-in reward give you some cosmetic items.

MR 30 is only a big deal because everything else in the game caps at 30*.  Also because that means you'll have max* points to spend on anything at rank 0 and that makes ranking/formaing items seem silly.

The real question is MR 31+.

Will MR 31+ make it so you can achieve impossible builds that destroy the game or will it simply allow you to slot all those necramech mods that no-one else can.

Archived