Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious discussion: MR30 will result in the biggest backlash DE have seen no matter what they do [Very long read warning]

Jarriaga

I imagine that when we get to MR30, we will be able to forma the account, resetting the MR and everything we have ever leveled up to 0. We then gain mastery from ranking them up once again. All forma, tomatoes and potatoes should stay. All of this just to unlock 2 more MR ranks with all benefits of those ranks so on and so forth and maybe a kickass Armor or Syandana for every 2 MR above 30.

This way it would still be mostly optional with very small amount of gameplay advantage but ultra-mandatory for the masochistic fashionistas. The rank would also truly never end.

On 2020-07-07 at 9:59 PM, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

You’re really making a big deal out of nothing. MR 30 will just be like any other MR; a slight change to the mastery symbol, along with the usual increase to void trace and mod capacity, along with higher standing limit.

You make it out to be that MR 30 is some enormous milestone when it’s just not. Notable perhaps, but not this huge “I better get something extra special or I riot”

This

7 hours ago, Xekrin said:

Do. Not. Panic!

Perfectly resonable statement

7 hours ago, Xekrin said:

This post reminds me strongly of the Y2K frenzy in the year 1999, people were aghast at the idea that computers could change the date to January 1, 2000.  Instead many believed all computers would simply roll back to 0/0/0000 or whatever and the world would burn.  They feared planes falling from the sky, banks erasing everyone's finances and other moronic crap that made no sense. 

Oh hell no. Maybe you weren't on the front lines for that but I was. Reading through throusands of lines of old Cobol/C/Pascal and even a Vax punchcard emulation language that Black and Decker used. It was thousands upon thousands of person-hours of work to prevent the disasters that otherwise would have happened it was the most awful work I've ever done but it was absolutely, critically needed.

People just don't frigging pay attention when a threat is actually handled (At tremendous cost and effort) and assume it was nothing.

Oh and BTW, there is another one coming on the 32-bit unix epoch in 2038

Considering one of the recent streams where they mentioned that they'll have to get working on it soon it sounds like they do have something special in mind for it.

So I doubt that it will be just a mastery rank-up like any other, there will be something to it. But yeah people shouldn't expect anything crazy, best to keep expectations low.

On 2020-09-21 at 2:43 AM, Invoky said:

Noone said anything about skill but it does take time, resources, and effort to achieve it. Even you acknowledge the process takes time.

Since you are implying MR30 is easy to get, how long do you think an average player will take from MR0 to MR30 in normal play? (no boosting, no buying everything)

you just said in a post above mine "But please don't down play MR30 effort, its pretty hard to get... ". "Pretty hard to get" implies skill is required, its not "pretty hard" to passively grind weapons while you do other stuff or grind out hydron. a goal that only requires minimal effort over time doesnt equal difficulty.

As for how long it would take an "average player" it wouldnt, because an average player stops around mr14 (maybe 15 if they want kuva weapons) because they went for the meta gear and didnt want to bother building trash like the stugg. Or doesnt see any point in farming X crappy drop boss drop when they could just farm relics for the prime instead. The only people who care about mr30 and the minor benefits the trip there gives are a minority and therefore arent an average player.

That doesnt mean that its some great achievement, its literally just time investment. For which the existing rewards for higher MR (more base mod capacity, more traces, more faction standing, more focus cap, higher simulacrum enemy level, the mastery sigil, the achievements and the rank listed on your profile) are all more than sufficient rewards for what amounts to busy work. Just look at the first post to get an idea of the ridiculous "prestige" people apply to mastery rank, when its literally just leveling S#&$ like the stugg or the kunai or the bo and then trashing them.

Besides, whats the point in making some crazy special reward for mr30 when its unlikely that its the stopping point. DE doesnt seem to have any intention of stopping the content for warframe so why would they stop at MR30? How special will MR30 feel if MR40 happens?

10 minutes ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

you just said in a post above mine "But please don't down play MR30 effort, its pretty hard to get... ". "Pretty hard to get" implies skill is required, its not "pretty hard" to passively grind weapons while you do other stuff or grind out hydron. a goal that only requires minimal effort over time doesnt equal difficulty.

As for how long it would take an "average player" it wouldnt, because an average player stops around mr14 (maybe 15 if they want kuva weapons) because they went for the meta gear and didnt want to bother building trash like the stugg. Or doesnt see any point in farming X crappy drop boss drop when they could just farm relics for the prime instead. The only people who care about mr30 and the minor benefits the trip there gives are a minority and therefore arent an average player.

That doesnt mean that its some great achievement, its literally just time investment. For which the existing rewards for higher MR (more base mod capacity, more traces, more faction standing, more focus cap, higher simulacrum enemy level, the mastery sigil, the achievements and the rank listed on your profile) are all more than sufficient rewards for what amounts to busy work. Just look at the first post to get an idea of the ridiculous "prestige" people apply to mastery rank, when its literally just leveling S#&$ like the stugg or the kunai or the bo and then trashing them.

Besides, whats the point in making some crazy special reward for mr30 when its unlikely that its the stopping point. DE doesnt seem to have any intention of stopping the content for warframe so why would they stop at MR30? How special will MR30 feel if MR40 happens?

Not sure how you misinterpreted my post. If someone said "the lottery is pretty hard to win," does that mean he thinks winning the lottery require skills? "Hard" can be use to describe many things which I clearly implied time, resource, and effort.

You are right about new player probably won't make past mr14/15. Because grinding is boring and takes extra effort. Only those who dedicated to this game choose to grind all the way up to 30. If DE decide to give reward to MR30, wouldn't that give more incentive for people to work on their MR?

What is wrong with rewarding time investment? Noone suggested gameplay advantage, at least not from me. But what's wrong with some special cool cosmetic items? Even log in reward has armor set and syandana.

Again, from my previous post I asked this. It's your choice if you don't want to grind MR, but why are you so against the others from receiving rewards?

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Invoky:

Again, from my previous post I asked this. It's your choice if you don't want to grind MR, but why are you so against the others from receiving rewards?

super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

I ask myself the same. It's like that Conclave-player don't deserve a reward for enjoying Conclave, because they spended time playing it.

On 2020-09-21 at 5:34 AM, Xekrin said:

This post reminds me strongly of the Y2K frenzy in the year 1999, people were aghast at the idea that computers could change the date to January 1, 2000.  Instead many believed all computers would simply roll back to 0/0/0000 or whatever and the world would burn.  They feared planes falling from the sky, banks erasing everyone's finances and other moronic crap that made no sense.  

Yeah this is that for sure.  MR 30 won't be the end my friend, unless they plan on never ever making a single new weapon or frame after MR 30 is possible because eventually even the whiny casual players who fear being forced to do this or that will have ranked the dozens of new weapons that we get each year.  It may take them longer but they will get there too.

Do. Not. Panic!

A misunderstanding of Y2K. Considering they tested systems and the systems froze. They then had to fix all major systems that froze before the year 2000. The it was an over reaction why even do anything crowd reminds me of trump with  the coronavirus.

Let’s just be happy we had leaders of the do something group for y2k swine flu and bird flu.

also MR 30-60  means what 1-30 did. Start rank 0 guns with 30-60 mod points. No you won’t get past 60 mod points with reactors.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)MegaZatruz:

If that happens, we will practically no longer have Tennos (children), since quests (usually) are available early for players and the mastery requirements to access them are low. Do not know...

Just imagine that after the duviri-paradox is a Mr.30 player able to fuse his operator with the warframe.

W

To throw my Ferro-organic cranial covering into the ring: I think there should be a new system that unlocks once a player reaches MR 30. Because players who do reach that level, upon achieving it have an existential shift in their goals.

One, it would mean that functionality wise there would be no difference between a lvl 30 weapon and a level 0 one, at least for over 95% of them. 

Two, looter shooters are built on the idea of progression. Whether this is obtaining shiny new outfits, Platinum, new toys, God Rivens, or seeing your MR tick over just one more increment. If you take that progression away you deincentivize anyone who up to that point has been coming back because of it. You make the game less attractive. For an example, look at Fallout 76's Legendary Perk System. Warframe, is maybe the most gentlest, brilliantly laid out free-to-play game out there. (The only thing you can't get from in-game is items slots, and they're almost the cheapest thing to buy) It still is a service game. It relies on people opting in, and continuing to opt in. Take a system in-game, do you think the majority of players continue to do Railjack missions once they reach max intrinsics? 

Three, there would never be a need to ever get a new item ever, at least as far as meta-progression goes. (I know this is close to number 2) Look at Destiny 2, Bungie has had to tinker and strain for years to get players off of their favorite weapons. While I don't agree with what they did to accomplish it, devalueing said items, they felt they needed to do it to keep the game new and fresh. If you have no need to get new items you won't which leads back to point two, looter shooters need to foster some sense of progression.

So, what could be done to keep it going?

Personally I think Glyphs and shiny Sydanas are a terrible idea. As the people who are interested in such things, may not be the people who were allured by the stat increases that comes from advanced MR. An allusion, did anyone ever go into the "Price is Right" to win the year supply of Turtle Wax? While a year supply of Turtle Wax may be attractive to some, it was not the driving force for anyone to enter competition into that programme. 

Simply adding more MR, i.e. MR 31, is an interesting idea, but it smacks of a band-aid approach. What happens when you reach MR 40? 
I think the idea of a massive account MR dump and prestige system could be interesting, but what do you generate? Everytime you get around to MR 30, you can add a Universal Polarity slot to all items? 

The best idea I've yet heard is probably the one that a few said in jest:

On 2020-09-23 at 3:20 PM, (PS4)MegaZatruz said:

MR30 = Adult tenno

On 2020-09-23 at 3:48 PM, ES-Flinter said:

Just imagine that after the duviri-paradox is a Mr.30 player able to fuse his operator with the warframe.

On 2020-09-23 at 3:21 PM, ES-Flinter said:

Isn't that already deserved for duviri-paradox?

We know that the Duvari Paradox is coming, and with it another potential existential shift in how the game plays with the inclusion of adult Operators. Just as Opertors themselves were an Existential shift in Warframe. Existential, meaning something that changes the very nature of the game, and Warframe has had quite a few, melee reworks anyone? So I think the most natural thing to do would be to add a system above the MR system which can be seen as going past the Warframe. Which would have to tie into Adult Operators. Now I'm not saying that Adult Operators should be exclusive to MR 30s, but there should be a system that as you progress past rank 30 allows you to maybe add weapons or abilities into Adult Operator form that otherwise they wouldn't have access to. 

The Chrysalis is cracked, and from it something new must follow.

I mean, you didn't grind all that on a leap of faith, hoping there - might - be a reward to it, did you?

That would be naive but also kind of insane, you do enjoy playing the game right? You are also looking at it in reverse, you already spent that time and money. The time to threaten would have been at the beginning, before you handed in the work.

I do feel the people who grinded out every last piece of messed up, hated content, the game has to offer, deserve recognition. Not really into validation myself but for people who want it I say go for it.

Safe to assume those people are dedicated and loyal so why not reward them, show some gratitude and give them some attention and respect.

On 2020-09-22 at 9:10 AM, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

If they're smart, they'll just intentionally bug the MR 30 test and make it impossible to pass.

Just make it the MR9 or 19 or whichever one people always whinge about, except... the whole screen is rendered upside down. 

38 minutes ago, Bingotough said:

Just make it the MR9 or 19 or whichever one people always whinge about, except... the whole screen is rendered upside down. 

With Lotus's Robololi monologue covering half of the screen and with random Bramma explosions and Eidolon effect spam everywhere.

Archived