Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Aren't You Taking This Content Or Die Approach A Little Too Seriously?

Hydrium

New content comes out at an insane rate, power creep is has turned into power dash. Loot tables become so diluted and encrypted and bugs come out faster than they are squashed.

I'm thinking with the overpriced platinum and this content push with no idea to an endgame that this game is going for a giant cash grab.

1) No, he's not making a hyperbole.
2) Don't like people criticizing? You leave.

Yes, DE apparently asked some people "in the business" and was given the advice that content means life.

It reminds me of an episode of House where a mother told her son that his little brother was taking vitamins to get stronger. So the older brother started giving the younger brother triple the dosage, thinking it would make him grow three times as fast.
And then the kid near died of iron poisoning.

The people "in the business" is the mother, DE is the older brother, and Warfarm is the little brother.

1) No, he's not making a hyperbole.

New content comes out at an insane rate

power creep is has turned into power dash.

Loot tables become so diluted and encrypted

Do you have a better term? I guess I could have said "This is the Epitome of Wrong" but it just didn't have the feeling I was going for.

Do you have a better term? I guess I could have said "This is the Epitome of Wrong" but it just didn't have the feeling I was going for.

If you would rather argue the semantics rather than the meaning then by all means, I can sit here all day doing that.

DE is doing things wrong.

They should just stick to fixing bugs and balancing things out before releasing any form of content.

Playable game is far better than glitchy and buggy contents.

Fix the game then release the content. At this rate DE will be out of contents to release while 70% of the game are bugs.

Do we seriously need ANOTHER thread on this?  Look, there are loads of threads about this just go dig one up and revive it or post in it since its probably still active.  We have waay too much redundant clutter on these forums these days, people need to learn about the search function.

Guest DeadGoanna

I'm thinking with the overpriced platinum and this content push with no idea to an endgame that this game is going for a giant cash grab.

Compared to some other developers out there....not mentioning any names.....the platinum prices are pretty damn fair. Considering the founders pack will give you a great amount at the moment and the normal purchasing is not that expensive. 

Platinum is just saving you time in the long run if you don't necessarily have the time IRL to play a good solid amount and wish to play with some of the better toys.

Do we seriously need ANOTHER thread on this?  Look, there are loads of threads about this just go dig one up and revive it or post in it since its probably still active.  We have waay too much redundant clutter on these forums these days, people need to learn about the search function.

We can't. They all got locked.

If you would rather argue the semantics rather than the meaning then by all means, I can sit here all day doing that.

Nothing you've said had any substance, all there is at this point are semantics.

Content is being released at a normal consistant pace

Power creep is about to be flattened by Armor 2.0

There will always be bugs

Platinum prices suck, so save your plat for now

/thread

Edited by Archistopheles

You mean the whywouldIusethatotherthanfindingsomethingiforgotabout function.