Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunners wasting Railjack Flux and Ordinance

Eienlanzer

I have had many missions where gunners will waste all the ordinance and flux. (I am not so concerned with Ordinance)

Really, in my opinion the Pilot should be the only one who can use the flux energy, NOT the gunners.

Can we have a setting that allows the Pilot to turn this ability use on and off for gunners? Normally this is not a problem, but my last match a player purposely abused this and left us without flux, as well as ordinance.

What it should do is that for each person, their supplies are used. This way, it gives each person their own things to waste or save. 

Would this lead to having lots of arsenal to use....yeah, but it is the basic same thing of each person using their GEARWHEEL and Powers of each frame- they are in the squad but are separate as well as United. Would also make people pay attention to how much THEY have for materials

Especially amusing is that I've seen people proudly declaring that if they're ever on a ship where they dislike the pilot or loadout, they will deliberately waste all energy and ammo and then leave.

As always, team elements with random matching are a mess. (especially when the game mode is so badly balanced)

14 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Play solo. Every mission is doable and nearly just as fast

Not a solution.

In a team based game where I want to play with people, I would like a discussion on how we can solve problems with teamplay without resorting to the "Play Solo" reply.

A little while back I got annoyed by this. While I'm hoping the Command intrinsic adds something to control the use of expendable resources in squads, my current solution is this:

I just don't fully stock my ship when derping around with Public teams.

No, this is not the optimal solution for the health of the game, but it works pretty well for now. I always keep the Revolite fully supplied, but everything else I fill up just one or two batches. Then if people wanna spam it without reason, they use up minimal resources and have to make it themselves if they want more. No big deal for me, and I don't need those resources on low-level derping around.

On higher-level stuff, I tend to co-ordinate a squad, or I just get better players by virtue of the higher level and greater stakes. Then I stock up.

Just now, 844448 said:

Have you tried communicating with them OP?

Yes, but in some cases you have players not reading chat, or flat out ignoring you. So, while solo play is an option, it isn't what I am looking for during a time where I want to play with multiple people.

Just now, Eienlanzer said:

Yes, but in some cases you have players not reading chat, or flat out ignoring you. So, while solo play is an option, it isn't what I am looking for during a time where I want to play with multiple people.

Locking ordnance and flux is not what people want too when it becomes a situation of avoiding damage

The question is, are you really short on materials for upkeep? You can press that one button to use voice chat (C button I believe) if they ignore you or find a premade squad that understand

I'm just letting them use whatever they want since the materials are pretty easy to get and I'm not pressured to keep as much as I can

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Locking ordnance and flux is not what people want too when it becomes a situation of avoiding damage

The question is, are you really short on materials for upkeep? You can press that one button to use voice chat (C button I believe) if they ignore you or find a premade squad that understand

I'm just letting them use whatever they want since the materials are pretty easy to get and I'm not pressured to keep as much as I can

Their are some players in public that go out their way to troll though, by hopping on one of the side turrets, and just absolutely spamming all the flux energy you have, shooting out 5 void holes in a few seconds, and then not gong to the forge to refill it. So I can understand why some players wish side turret users be unable to use the Railjack abilities. This isn't a problem in all squads but is something you can run into in public squads. 

50 минут назад, Eienlanzer сказал:

Really, in my opinion the Pilot should be the only one who can use the flux energy

not like that. Pilot in the most cases is a host and it is his railjack. So yes, only host should use flux and be the only one to use navigation console.

so ahhh. just solo it OP. because:

8 минут назад, o0Despair0o сказал:

"co-op", they said.

It'll be fun, they said.

^

Il y a 1 heure, Eienlanzer a dit :

Not a solution.

In a team based game where I want to play with people, I would like a discussion on how we can solve problems with teamplay without resorting to the "Play Solo" reply.

What i said makes it so that there's no problem in the first place. 

If this is a "team based " game then you should get on discord and get a team, don't expect anything out of a public squad. Also , if it's team based i don't think 1 player should be able to do everything with the railjack and not the others. Team based you said, not me 

1 hour ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Play solo. Every mission is doable and nearly just as fast

Not really for railjack.

Maybe  to some extent if you have completely maxed everything already, but then, apart from credits and future-proofing resources, without a constructed squad, why would you keep playing railjack?

Join a clan that actively participate in railjack with proper discipline and communication. Rare, but they're out there. 

Mine, we have dedicated engineers, pilots, gunners and fighters (tactical). Tactical do the Ramsled crews, Murex and Grineer Facilities, while the rest of us do the outside stuff. 

This might seem single-minded and unfair but it works. The tacticians can do their stuff in five minutes, the gunners and pilots and engineers do their stuff... and if we feel like it, we can mix it up but with prior communication about who's doing what and why so the rest of us can adapt to changes in circumstance. 

At some point, we rotate so that we can apply Intrinsics too another field of speciality when the first is fully ranked. 

If you can find a clan that works this way, you'll find it much more fun rather than having to go through public sessions.

If you open yourself up for public, you have to be prepared to carry yourself and the whole team to complete the mission regardless of what moron does what.

Join an organised clan. That's my advice.

il y a 12 minutes, TheArcSet a dit :

Not really for railjack.

Maybe  to some extent if you have completely maxed everything already, but then, apart from credits and future-proofing resources, without a constructed squad, why would you keep playing railjack?

Oh i never said you should play railjack xD the mode is not rewarding, and for resources you can just farm earth missions easily and the mods don't even cost that much, all below 10p . 

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

It is not as much of an issue. The materials are plentiful and if someone really wastes all materials and no one is building any flux, ordnance or BFG charges, then the mission will take bit longer.

The issue isn't that materials are plentiful, the issue is that forges are on a cooldown. With rank 7 engi, this means you get 600 flux every 90 seconds if you use all forges to make flux (150*4). 600 flux is 6 void holes, 12 Munitions Vortexes, or 24 Tethers. It is very easy for an inexperienced gunner to unknowing go through all of your flux by using 6 void holes in that 90 second time span; this isn't even addressing the issue of malicious gunners, who will use all your flux in a span of seconds. If a malicious gunner wanted, they could waste all your flux, go craft more, waste it again, use battle forge if you have it equipped, re-forge, then waste flux again. That whole process would take about 30 seconds, and would cause the pilot to be completely out of flux for 90 seconds after that.

OP, I would recommend just only equipping Tether when you are going into public lobbies. It would be much harder to waste all of your flux, and Tether still one-shots everything up until the last 3 veil missions. That being said, I have completely given up on public Railjack lobbies after my first time hosting a veil mission in mine. I don't know why, but railjack public lobbies seem to contain the worst players I have ever seen, to the point that having them on my ship actually slows me down. 

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Especially amusing is that I've seen people proudly declaring that if they're ever on a ship where they dislike the pilot or loadout, they will deliberately waste all energy and ammo and then leave.

As always, team elements with random matching are a mess. (especially when the game mode is so badly balanced)

Or just spam refining.

54 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Seems reasonable.

Clearly you've not encountered people committed to griefing this mode. 

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

It is not as much of an issue. The materials are plentiful and if someone really wastes all materials and no one is building any flux, ordnance or BFG charges, then the mission will take bit longer.

Back when railjack was hard ive seen people deliberately spam refining so nothing could be crafted. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Use recruit chat then.

That doesn't guarantee you won't run into jerks. It shouldn't be that easy to grief in railjack.

Archived