Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunners wasting Railjack Flux and Ordinance

Eienlanzer

vor 34 Minuten schrieb Yuri_Doujinshi:

The issue isn't that materials are plentiful, the issue is that forges are on a cooldown. With rank 7 engi, this means you get 600 flux every 90 seconds if you use all forges to make flux (150*4). 600 flux is 6 void holes, 12 Munitions Vortexes, or 24 Tethers. It is very easy for an inexperienced gunner to unknowing go through all of your flux by using 6 void holes in that 90 second time span; this isn't even addressing the issue of malicious gunners, who will use all your flux in a span of seconds. If a malicious gunner wanted, they could waste all your flux, go craft more, waste it again, use battle forge if you have it equipped, re-forge, then waste flux again. That whole process would take about 30 seconds, and would cause the pilot to be completely out of flux for 90 seconds after that.

OP, I would recommend just only equipping Tether when you are going into public lobbies. It would be much harder to waste all of your flux, and Tether still one-shots everything up until the last 3 veil missions. That being said, I have completely given up on public Railjack lobbies after my first time hosting a veil mission in mine. I don't know why, but railjack public lobbies seem to contain the worst players I have ever seen, to the point that having them on my ship actually slows me down. 

There is a tactical avionic called Battle Forge, I have it equipped but I very rarely need it. If someone wants to troll by deliberately wasting resources the mission would just take slightly longer and in effect they only troll themselves.

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

There is a tactical avionic called Battle Forge, I have it equipped but I very rarely need it. If someone wants to troll by deliberately wasting resources the mission would just take slightly longer and in effect they only troll themselves.

I mentioned battle forge in my post. Did you even read it?

My point is that if someone malicious wants to burn all of your flux in railjack, it is far too easy to do so. Battle forge doesn't help because anyone in the squad can activate it, so the malicious squadmate can just waste it if they want to and set you back anyway. In effect, they spend 20-30 seconds of their time to waste up to minutes of your time in the mission. I wouldn't call that trolling themselves.

6 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

Not a solution.

In a team based game where I want to play with people, I would like a discussion on how we can solve problems with teamplay without resorting to the "Play Solo" reply.

it is your only solution if you cannot get along with others which your post shows that you cannot.

These threads come up all the time,  if you're of the feeling that this is my railjack and no one else should touch it or use anything on it without my permission then you absolutely need to go solo.  Those  types of sentiments lead to toxicity that we don't need.

6 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

I have had many missions where gunners will waste all the ordinance and flux. (I am not so concerned with Ordinance)

Really, in my opinion the Pilot should be the only one who can use the flux energy, NOT the gunners.

Can we have a setting that allows the Pilot to turn this ability use on and off for gunners? Normally this is not a problem, but my last match a player purposely abused this and left us without flux, as well as ordinance.

We could make the players to carry their own flux ammo and bombs including the energy to use for their own as so it be spent wise to be used in the game.

GTA One Liners - Grand Theft Auto Series - GTAForums

you know, the same people complaining about this would also be the same people that say "why can't the gunners be more powerful? I know we just stripped all their abilities and only left them the turrets but why can't they take down 100 fighters in the blink of an eye? it's not fair!" if their railjack gets overwhelmed and they fail a mission. locking off parts of the railjack isn't the answer, not using public matchmaking is.

11 hours ago, Eienlanzer said:

Not a solution.

In a team based game where I want to play with people, I would like a discussion on how we can solve problems with teamplay without resorting to the "Play Solo" reply.

Specters are already my solution for other non-Empyrean aspects of the game. Been very happy with them.

It'd be nice if Specters could be updated so they will serve as Railjack crew members... AI for a Specter gunner shouldn't be too tough. And you can already use them as boarding party defense, just need to have them also put out fires... Ought to perform at least as well as any matchmaking rando. Maybe not as good as a good player, but at least nowhere near as bad as a bad/troll player.

Archived