Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I get perma ban for trying to use macro?

Winter-DOS

Question

Hey! Just asking for opinion.

Yesterday I was doing some arbitration survival with op frame "Octavia" and I was trying to setup autoclicker or something like that to spam ctrl, because I have one broken finger and spam one button for over 5hours is pain. I did try to use autoclicker made by "AutomaticSolution Software" It doesn't integrates into game, just a normal software doesn't look fishy or anything, but it didn't work for me, it had only autoclicker for mouse so after 15sec I turned it off. Today I tried to login and I see perma ban notice. Like bruh, really? I already contacted support about that, but probably it will take long time to respond.

You guys know mallet can do insane damage then enemies are over 6000lvl and maybe damage output triggered the ban? Could it be?

Spoiler

24 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Winter-DOS said:

Yesterday I was doing some arbitration survival with op frame "Octavia" and I was trying to setup autoclicker

Bruh, you are literally setting up a bot. Octavia + a few automated button presses so you can take a shower while farming stuff. Don't give me that "broken finger" crap, you got banned for good reason.

I use one every time I play for bullet jumping with my Razer. Crouch key, waits a few hundred milliseconds, then jump key. Makes the parkour, specially around tile sets like Jupiter, a lot easier for my aging and clumsy fingers. I've got some similar commands in my mouse software. For me it's a QoL thing. I do it with every game I play and I set it up usually within the first hour or two of playing.

I suppose if DE wants to ban me for that they can, it's not like I'm hiding it. I'm sure if they have software that looks for commands that are being done in a precise time frame it would show it up.

Some software can be banned by default. 

AutoHotKey, Logitech and Razor softwares are entirely safe.

However, if they find something like Cheat Engine running while you open the game, you'll be banned immediately, automatically. So, if you had something called "Automatic Solutions" on your system, opened in the background while you started the game it could've been an automatic ban. 

Which, by the way, if you use Cheat Engine for other games learn how to make a batch file and close those programs before Warframe's launcher even runs. It'll make your life easier.

6 minutes ago, Winter-DOS said:

Long survival run + macro(even tho closed after 15sec) + Octavia, doesn't sound good does it.

It really doesn't, plus you might be aware that long missions (4+ hours) famously lead to accounts being trade banned and flagged for review in regard to automation.

Just now, Srovy said:

I used to think macros were bad until I messed up my hand spamming ctrl

That's how life tells you to go outside once in a while, and lift something heavier than a mug to get your atrophied muscles back.

Just kidding, rebind your controls to something more comfortable.

6 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Bruh, you are literally setting up a bot. Octavia + a few automated button presses so you can take a shower while farming stuff. Don't give me that "broken finger" crap, you got banned for good reason.

I used to think macros were bad until I messed up my hand spamming ctrl

as long as it isn’t playing the game for you I don’t see any reason not to use them, people have been using macros for quite some time to spam melee or semi auto weapons or even keep abilities up like Octavias invis or nezhas 3

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

I guess opinion is opinion good or bad all are welcome. 

1 minute ago, Srovy said:

I think it’s more likely that you got banned for going over 5 hours

long endurance often trips the anti chest regardless of macros 

Long endurance runs trip the "anomalous mission results" flag, which generally suspends you from trading for awhile.

Not heard of anyone getting permanently banned from the game for playing for an extended duration.

Just now, Lutesque said:

You play on Steam Right ? 

I play on Steam using a controller and the client has a built in Profiler that you can use to make Macros.... i dont know if you can use it to make macros for Keyboard though.... but if you have a contoller lying around then you can plug it in and bind one of the buttons to Ctrl then set that to Turbo...

Oh thats good to know!

You play on Steam Right ? 

I play on Steam using a controller and the client has a built in Profiler that you can use to make Macros.... i dont know if you can use it to make macros for Keyboard though.... but if you have a contoller lying around then you can plug it in and bind one of the buttons to Ctrl then set that to Turbo...

I wasn't expected to do so long,we were like memeing, oh lets do till hit level gap, and bam 5hours latter.. we could have gone longer but infested with gass went crazy. :D

My finger does hurt but its not that bad it's been very long time then I crushed him, so now its just annoying. I didn't use cheats or edited any game files, so no clue what triggered the ban. 

Gerade eben schrieb Winter-DOS:

@Magus_Tahir thanks man, I appreciate that. 🙂

if u already received a perma ban then u shouldnt get ur hopes high.

ive not heard of a perma ban getting lifted. that doesnt have to mean too much since i dont know all players ofc, but iirc DE stated that such software is always "use at own risc" and in my opinion players should inform themselves prior to usage since u can hardly do much afterwards. if u know u have a health issue right now then why just not do 5h+ runs ?

good luck in any case and i wish u a good recovery too.

as said above: use at ur own risc.

afaik there is an automated system that either detects 3rd software as malicious or not and if the 1st is the case then u will receive a strike. even if ur software was fine before it could change at some point so i dare say:

play urself and dont let software do at least half of the playing. whats the point in playing when software does at least a big portion of it ?

if u still want to use such software then each and everytime u start warframe is a risc of receiving a strike afaik.

Be very cautious while attempting this. One shot macros tend to be in the grey area. But once you move into automation territory if it is detected the anti cheat system will hit your account ban hammer. 3rd party programs that modify game data or inputs will also trigger a ban. 

I've done a cursory search but all info is nebulous across both this forums archives and Reddit. 

Something I found on Youtube back when I was considering macros.

I wish you a rapid recovery on your broken finger, and good gaming. 

Archived