Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

Just now, Steel_Rook said:

Well, there's the Why doesn't energy regenerate thread that I've been posting into in-between responding here. Because I'm jumping back-and-forth, my thoughts are a little cross-wired between the two threads.

Thanks.... 

People like guy above dont understand how problematic energy is because he refuses to look outside his specific circumstances....

I am having fun with this mode, but i wish the EHP would be 1/2 of the current enemies and the enemy density would be 3x. Killing 2 enemies with 2 bullets is much more satisfying than killing 1 tough with 2. Also I believe that the modifiers encourage the slash builds, but if the dmg reduction from armor would be capped at 95%(as is with warframe abilities) the build diversity would be much greater. I believe that the health scaling should be higher but without the 2.5x modifier, whereas the shield one should stay because you would be finaly ecouraged to use magnetic damage or toxin over slash.

Affinity gain is low but I guess that this is not supposed to be a new exp farm, so I think that focus gain on this missions sould be 3x, where it would give the veterans the tools to finaly spec out the focus tree. As others have pointed out the rewards tables should be looked at, where there is no gain in doing this missions on a harder level. The riven sliver drops are a great idea. 

The objectives do have low amounts of health, but i think that is ok beacause you need to prepare yourself for each mission. Also the anomalies like in sorites could be present, maybe spawned by enemies(electromagnetics, fog etc.). Also I feel that there should be a new enemy like the demolishers, where when you hear them you say s*** I need to drop everything and kill it so it doesn't ruin the mission (1 per mission/ rotation and it drops the steel cred).

When changing the knob to hard mode any events on the easy node should be forcefully applied at once(i mean nightmare, fissures, syndicates), this way the old unplayed content would be still done and it would be more efficient for players to do more in one go (at the cost of difficulty).

I still believe that this is a great update that could be even better, given some small tweaks.

So from what I've been seeing the steel path is a good concept but the rewards are not worth it. I haven't even gotten on since this update pushed out. (I'm STILL waiting for the new war to fully be released. And if you say it is, it was supposed to be a cinematic so no thanks. I'll continue to wait). But if the rewards for playing this are as pathetic as I've been seeing, I probably won't play this unless I'm leveling stuff up. I'd need more incentive. Like a high steel path currency to get prime mods/etc. 

I got 12 steel essences while doing a survival mission. I had a booster, so drops were doubled, but no kavat nor farming frame. With a good team setup it seems to me it can be farmed like any other ressource.

ue9j.png

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Excuse me, what the hell is this?

wKmVIOV.jpg

The operator is supposed to be a child! Who thought it a good idea to put giant breast pads on the female version of the suit?! Why not put a giant codpiece on the male one while you're at it? "Yeah, let's just sexualize a minor, nothing wrong with that!"

Its not revealing or anything, just has slightly larger chest area, even that is clearly armor, so, whats the big deal? 
Besides, these are "children" that are slaughtering billions of cloned "people" (Grineer) and actual normal people (Corpus) on a daily basis and yet no-one bats an eye.

I think steel path is pretty cool but the rewards could use some improvement. I'm sure you do plan on expanding on them in the future anyways but here are some suggestions:

-Umbral Forma (I don't care about the price, I just need it as an option. NW is unreliable)

-Normal Forma 

I'd prefer if they were fully built but I'd be willing to take a BP version.

-More cosmetic stuff like a syandana or perhaps even adding some Conclave rewards to the shop. That way we have a PvE method of getting PvP rewards.

As of this moment, I am dropping "Steel path" all together, due to the following reasons :

1. It is not hard, it is tedious.  Even If you run a "meta" loadout, due to the increased spawn rates for survival, defense, interception and excavation it just becomes a game of shooting fish in a barrel. The AI can be improved, regardless of what DE says - as fully disclosed in the topic I created about earth - enemies just bee line for the objective.
2. The mission rewards are a mockery of my time. Be it affinity, raw credits or resources - the time + effort < doing normal missions.
3. Bounties are an insult - 100+ enemies with the exact drop table as tier 5 bounty.
4. Eidolon hunts are already tedious without meta set up,  the "steel path" version is even more bullet spongy.
5. The cheese at the end of all - the cosmetics, kuva and relics, are highly overpriced and have extremely low collection value. A syandana - sure, count me in. A captura scene - not something I would write letters about, but still fine. Ephemera - amazing, especially since it seems to be indeed tied to character progression. Frame armor - just like Nighttwave armor, it would be highly valued. 

But we get non of this and it is replaced with overpriced operator armor and kuva/relic packs. With all due my respect to DE, this is a mockery of "hard mode" and lack of respect to my time. I am more than willing to state that if the state remains the same, after couple of months it will be written off as "well we don't want to work on it, since players don't do it", instead of the truth that it was created in such a way that would bring failure.

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

That to me is forcing players to do something they may not like multiple times.... I can't say I do any of those locations on a regular basis for example and in all honesty the quests of late haven't exactly been 'fun' either..

Fun is relative. I've found the majority of the quests and activities in this game fun and engaging. At the same time, like many players in this game I don't often revisit areas that I have completed unless something in the game prompts me to go there, or want to farm up a specific drop. I would warrant that this would be the reason you rarely visit orakin void/derelict - take for example Defection or Infested Salvage, as unless you are farming up Harrow or Nidus (or helping someone who is) I highly doubt you (or anyone else) would run those locations again.

Your goalposts in this game constantly shift and change based on what you want to get out of it. The further along you get in this game, the more focused it gets on collecting everything - skins, mastery, mods (obscure or not), maxing mods; not to mention trying out different things. No one is forcing you to run Steel Path, just as no one is forcing you to get maximum mastery or complete everything that's released asap, or run Scarlet Spear 24/7 when it was active so you can get 21/21 of all the arcanes. The only person you are competing with is yourself.

This game is filled with compromises. You don't like something, then more often than not you can skip it. There are certain grinds that can't be skipped, but they give you a targeted goal with various rewards to earn along the way. Outside of the armour cosmetics, stance forma (including because it is there), mastery (debatable) and bonus emotes; you can completely ignore the Steel Path - unless you're a completionist in which case you'd be doing this mode regardless of rewards. It's a game mode to challenge yourself with some minor cosmetics along the way. I'm honestly happy it's been released with low rewards because a) it's not forced, b) rewards can be adjusted once the mode gets into a good spot instead of something being busted and people taking advantage, c) it's not trying to be something other than what DE said it would be.

I'd personally prefer Umbra forma to be somewhat exclusive so that it maintains it's prestige and value. It represents a significant power spike and how you chose to use it should be a decision that is not made lightly. I do agree that there needs to be a method to obtain it outside of nightwave/intermission that is at a well-paced rate that isn't gated behind an extremely low drop rate, but I do not think the Steel Path is the right place for it.

45 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

I'd personally prefer Umbra forma to be somewhat exclusive so that it maintains it's prestige and value. It represents a significant power spike and how you chose to use it should be a decision that is not made lightly. I do agree that there needs to be a method to obtain it outside of nightwave/intermission that is at a well-paced rate that isn't gated behind an extremely low drop rate, but I do not think the Steel Path is the right place for it.

Where as I would like it to not be 'exclusive', not that I see any prestige in nightwave reward, it's literally just grinding x for n weeks....  The only real value it has to me is the fact it reduces the cost of a mod, which I'm using anyway, and potentially saves me a forma (because I wouldn't need to forma all slots) in the process meaning less levelling....

Most of the people in my clan who have umbra forma haven't used them because they are so rare.  Basically because they don't want to waste the umbra forma and make a mistake on where they put it, they're not using it....what good is a reward if you don't use it because you don't know how long you'll need to wait for another one....nightwave is anything but consistent in it's duration etc.

Then we could also end up wasting our rare umbra forma on a frame/weapon that then gets 'nerfed'... just think if you'd used an umbra forma on the xoris or a frame that worked with it's interaction.....that's basically now a wasted umbra forma you can't get back for at least 3-6 months.

Just to throw out a random idea, it would be neat if the day/night cycle was reversed on planets in normal/hard modes so if you need to get flowers of a particular kind, you'd be able to at any time in one mode or the other. Nothing to do with the overall purpose or balance of the mode, but it'd be a neat easy thing that would mostly go unnoticed but still be practically useful for people when they need to farm flowers. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LSG501:

Most of the people in my clan who have umbra forma haven't used them because they are so rare.  Basically because they don't want to waste the umbra forma and make a mistake on where they put it, they're not using it....what good is a reward if you don't use it because you don't know how long you'll need to wait for another one....nightwave is anything but consistent in it's duration etc.

Then we could also end up wasting our rare umbra forma on a frame/weapon that then gets 'nerfed'... just think if you'd used an umbra forma on the xoris or a frame that worked with it's interaction.....that's basically now a wasted umbra forma you can't get back for at least 3-6 months

I can understand that someone is afraid of nerfs, but in the most times it's easy to see, if something is going to be nerfed. There are several frames where it's sure that they won't be nerfed (Oberon, Rhino, Nidus, Atlas,...). Even on frames who have a chance that they will be nerfed (Saryn, Mesa, ?Baruuk?) it will stay unlikely that an umbra Forma will be wasted, because it's very rare that a frame who needed high armor/ Lifepoints/ ability-strength before won't need it anymore after the nerf.

8 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Excuse me, what the hell is this?

The operator is supposed to be a child! Who thought it a good idea to put giant breast pads on the female version of the suit?! Why not put a giant codpiece on the male one while you're at it? "Yeah, let's just sexualize a minor, nothing wrong with that!"

Personally I think it's good since it gives people an option to make them look more mature. I'm far more freaked out by those that actually sexualize their operator when it still looks like a child and you arent sure if it's a boy or a girl that looks like someone doing tricks at the corner of 7/11. This armor just makes it look like a more adult body with defined characteristics and shapes.

What part of the armor is sexualizing? It transforms the "minor" body into an adult, so it is technically no longer a minor.

I suggest you allow players to do Void Relic missions along the Steel Path.

While the Steel Essence drops are not frequent enough to warrant playing exclusively Steel Path generic missions, they would be a nice bonus to Void missions that would justify taking on the extra 100 levels of challenge. As it stands, after people complete the path for MR you likely won't see anyone choosing to do a LVL 115 mission in lieu of a LVL 15 mission lets them crack a relic for void parts.

Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Personally I think it's good since it gives people an option to make them look more mature. I'm far more freaked out by those that actually sexualize their operator when it still looks like a child and you arent sure if it's a boy or a girl that looks like someone doing tricks at the corner of 7/11. This armor just makes it look like a more adult body with defined characteristics and shapes.

What part of the armor is sexualizing? It transforms the "minor" body into an adult, so it is technically no longer a minor.

It's also worth noting that having pronounced mammary glands is just a female anatomy thing. The sexualization of womens' breasts is just a cultural trope.

Its also probably worth noting that many Warframe are likely teenagers, and it is perfectly appropriate for them to play around with the sexuality of their teenage avatars. Those of us that are adults can just not engage, in the same way teachers in a high school don't have to get involved in how the high schoolers explore their sexuality with one another. 

Just some thoughts. I don't personally care how people dress their operators - the only reason I'm likely to pick up the new armor is that I don't already have it, and completionism is the itch that I can never quite scratch away.

16 minutes ago, thurmack said:

Its also probably worth noting that many Warframe are likely teenagers, and it is perfectly appropriate for them to play around with the sexuality of their teenage avatars. Those of us that are adults can just not engage, in the same way teachers in a high school don't have to get involved in how the high schoolers explore their sexuality with one another. 

Most (if not all, not sure for nezha) Warframes do not have the bodies of teenagers. 

6 hours ago, Shyltar said:

I got 12 steel essences while doing a survival mission. I had a booster, so drops were doubled, but no kavat nor farming frame. With a good team setup it seems to me it can be farmed like any other ressource.

Right, that pretty much matches my results, did a Solo Survival in Ophelia with Khora for 30 minutes, no booster and no Kavat buff and got 3 Steel Essences, so yeah, with a full squad and increased mob count it should give much more.

P9vIgly.jpg

Few pieces of feedback.

1. Please add the Steel Essence as a Deco item purchasable from Teshin. I want to be able to flex in the future by having some in my dojo. 

2. Can we get a chance for steel essence to drop from the bosses, similar to orokin cells. 

3. Tweak the Open World Bounty tables to remove the warframe parts from the drop tables, it sucks getting them normally just sucks more if you are doing the steel path bounties to get them again (also maybe add a chance for steel essence from them as well just to give more options)

4. Make a steel path version of the Edilon bounties to make MM easier for those that want to hunt them. 

So far I've found the update to be good but with some issues

The Good

- The content is engaging, I can't switch off my brain and tab out whenever I wanna change the music I'm listening to

- Having a structured goal to work towards is enjoyable, and this is keeping my MR29 self busy

The Bad

- Rewards just feel kinda meh, not just in the sense that all the mission rewards are the same but also the Steel Essence feels way too rare like I'll probably reach the end of the star map without enough to get a third set, and the price of the Kuva and Stance forma feels way too high relative to the rate you gain them when other faster methods exists

- There's a few cases that feel a bit messed up balance wise, most notably for me (for now at least) is the Ropalolyst fight, which I accidentally triggered the inactivity timer and can become very bugged out. Not fun.

6 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Where as I would like it to not be 'exclusive', not that I see any prestige in nightwave reward, it's literally just grinding x for n weeks....  The only real value it has to me is the fact it reduces the cost of a mod, which I'm using anyway, and potentially saves me a forma (because I wouldn't need to forma all slots) in the process meaning less levelling....

Then we could also end up wasting our rare umbra forma on a frame/weapon that then gets 'nerfed'... just think if you'd used an umbra forma on the xoris or a frame that worked with it's interaction.....that's basically now a wasted umbra forma you can't get back for at least 3-6 months.

The exclusivity/prestige of the item relies on it's low rate of acquisition, regardless of the method. you could stick it on the daily login reward milestones and it would be just as valuable. It represents flexibility when dealing with the power spike that is umbra mods.

Regardless of nerfs, if there is a frame you enjoy a lot that can really take advantage of umbra mods, then an umbra forma on that would rarely be wasted.

Archived