Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

Rewards are terrible. I know you guys make a big point that this "wouldnt be about rewards and just challenge", but finishing the entire mode and not having enough essence to buy stuff is laughable.

2% essence drop chance is terrible. Missions still using the same drop tables is terrible (Ammo drum and 2k credits for a level 130 mission? Really now). The 6th bounties having the same rewards as the 5th is terrible.

Other thing is the armor bonus. Armor scaling is utterly broken and now that Corrosive Projection and corrosive procs got nerfed a while ago, this turns any armored unit into a massive slog.

The EHP of grineer units is several times higher than the corpus and infested. Just leave them with their default armor.

I know you guys just pretty much went on the excel file and boosted all the armor numbers by 250%, because Sentients are basically unkillable and bosses also become massive tanks unless you cheese them with a Redeemer or the Stropha.

I've noticed in some interceptions solo like Cinxia on Ceres that nodes continue to be taken through CC. I don't know if it's a bug but I've never noticed it happen outside of steel path before. For example, as frost with a large range globe/avalanche CCing doesn't seem to interrupt them taking a node even when they're in range. On Limbo I was staring at a completely frozen unit next to a console and even though it was frozen it was still taking the node. I also had one where I couldn't even find an enemy at a console, but the node was blinking and got taken while it was in the center of a giant stasis/rift. 

I still completed it with Limbo easily, but it seemed like something weird was happening. I end up having to use Limbo in them over Frost because if the enemies aren't completely in stasis, nodes seem to almost immediately start being taken even in the middle of giant snow globes and they don't stop being taken when you use avalanche as they do in normal mode. If you actually do see an enemy at a console and kill it, that does stop it from being taken (even though them being completely CCed doesn't seem to stop it). 

edit: Vauban vortex yanking them away from a console seems to stop it as well, although I was on different maps when I was using him so that map may have been specifically an issue. 

15 hours ago, Shyltar said:

I am afraid that if you got only one essence after 1h of survival, you have been especially unlucky ...or i am the one being lucky (but another player confirmed a drop rate similar to mine) since i get an average of a bit more than dozen of essences per hour with a ressource booster (so expect 5-6 without).

Since i needed more i kept farming... The best place to farm (for me) was in Mot, after 40 min to one hour, drops became more frequent, but i got quite a few thanks to my Kavat that did 2 double buff in good moments. Althought i got what i wanted, i still feel that drops are low, i can't see Steel Path as a farming mode... Maybe it is not meat to be, idk. Also i did it in solo mode, maybe it will be better with more people.

15 hours ago, kyori said:

Since players think Steel Path is easy, I think DE made a mistake... enemy level should not be +100 but x100.

It's easy due to lack of mechanical difficulty. It doesn't really matter how much damage they do or how durable they are. Durability just allows them to actually perform their actions, but enemies in Warframe primarily just try and shoot projectiles at you as their only action, with maybe others creating shields/nullifiers; although, in either case, it's just increasing their durability further against projectiles. A lot of Warframes have ways to completely stop them from fulfilling their only action, blocking their projectiles, or outright ignoring their damage altogether.

This is why Warframe is mainly about efficiency, and as such, it mainly comes down to your load out choice, rather than your mechanical skill. SP just shows this even greater, due to the extra defensive stats showing just how wide of a gap people/groups end up with when it comes to clear times. Not long ago there was the 4 people that took over 40 minutes for Emissary, and someone else complaining about Vay Hek, despite either being soloable in just a few minutes.

Either way, I personally didn't find any issues with SP. The lack of Steel Essence mainly come down to a lack of Eximus units for non extended endless runs, and for some it's due to people rushing and and only doing the objectives. Some of my Steel Essence came from Rescue missions and killing the Wardens, which are often entirely ignored. People also just run by Syndicate enemies that appear despite them also dropping Steel Essence which is where a fair amount of mine ended up dropping from.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could actually do missions that were relevant other than the initially one time of each node, such as Fissures and Arbitrations which would allow Steel Essence to be earned over time by playing at the higher difficulty normally, rather than having to go out of your way and do endless missions to get the Steel Essence and only the Steel Essence.

12 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Because... they're part of the suit? I'm not sure what that needs to be spelled out.

And how do you know that the operator wearing it cant "fill" it out though? As I said, this comes down to pixels and lack of customization in general, this is one way of turning our female operator into an adult. This cosmetic simply fills an RP purpose, nothing else. There is no sexualizing in it, it is just an option to make your pixels look like an adult. I wish we had the same options for the male operators, to give them a more adult body type.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

It's easy due to lack of mechanical difficulty. Snip

Agreed. If you can replicate the action every time guaranteed, then it’s not skill. A skill is something you can tell someone what to do and how to do it, but where the difficulty lies is in execution. Replicating mod builds is not a skill check, they’re solely a gear check that assists in doing in-mission activities. As long as those in-mission activities (enemy combat, objectives, hacking, stealth, map knowledge, etc.) stay the same as they are, then it’s not a challenge. 

I wish there was a way to layer steel path over relic keys, but it might make the player base too fractured. Would be nice though. Cracking lith keys feels like a bore in the current game. It's so easy, that it feels like a 3 minute walking check to crack relics. I would gladly trade efficiency for engaging gameplay. I would still want the option to run through regular lith when I do feel like quick grinding though. 

So far I've completed the Kuva Fortress, Lua, the Derelict, Earth, Venus, Mercury, Mars, Phobos and Ceres. I jumped into public matchmaking for the two Bounties, the rest I've muddled through in solo. My conclusion based on what I've done?

Steel Path is fine if you like Ability spamming and constant melee, but for shooter-oriented players with a taste for variety, it's a dead loss.

Trying to kill things with average weapons in Steel Path is like pulling teeth -- Steel Path is for top-tier firearms only. Even then (unless you're using a buffing 'frame) they are IME more useful as proc-dispensers for Condition Overload melee.

But on the regular Star Chart, enemies fold like paper even to the weakest firearms. Not even removing the base damage mod and gimping yourself with an Extinguished Dragon Key can make this a proper fight.

Running Star Chart missions unmodded removes the fun of experimenting with different builds, and also needs you to have an empty Config -- which a lot of my preferred weapons don't. Feels bad, and for a majority of weapons the trash mobs still take a lot more killing than I feel they ought to in a horde shooter.

From my experiences in Lich Territory, fighting enemies ~level 75 is fun and viable even for the weakest guns in the game. IMHO they should have labelled +50 level "Easy Mode" (with the implication that the regular Star Chart is a kindergarten you should be embarrassed to still be voluntarily playing once you're geared up and resonably experienced. Which it is 😛).

Star Chart +100 is more like "Normal Difficulty", which you could kick down to "easy" by bringing an Acceltra, or kick up to "hard" by bringing a Hind. There's such a difference in viability across the different Warframes and weapons that difficulty selection takes place as much in your loadout as in the mission levels.

Right now, though, if you like Warframe as a shooter there's a veritable smorgasbord of weapons, mission types, factions and environments to choose from... and you can have them in "way too squishy" or "ridiculous bullet sponge".

Here's a video I made showing the performance of the Braton Vandal on Grineer Elite Lancers in various conditions including Steel Path. This weapon is too powerful for the regular Star Chart but too weak for Steel Path. Where's the Star Chart I can satisfyingly use this weapon on? Why are the levels it appears to be balanced for not available?

With respect, the concern about splitting the matchmaking is misplaced. The playerbase is already split -- between those who can see any point in playing missions at regular Star Chart levels, and those who can't. Hopefully the Steel Path gives hardcore min-maxers something enjoyable to do, but for casual players who just want a proper fight it has limited appeal.

Here are some more thoughts.

I think the overall enemy difficulty is fine. The damage they deal is fine and overall time to kill is fine, too. However, I don't like that Grineer are significantly more tanky than the other factions. Maybe it would be a good idea to balance them better. Disruption demolysts should have less health. I still don't like how guns are subpar to melee.

Spawn rate in interception and defence could be adjusted for solo play to be more manageable without resorting to crazy CC builds. In general enemy spawns could be adjusted across the board. Currently, enemies have a tendency to spawn as large blobs. Then they get blocked in corridors or stairs. I believe it would help if enemies spawned in smaller teams, but from more directions. Hopefully this would make it harder for players to CC everything at once and make maps feel more full. Currently maps are pretty empty when we run away from these big groups. AI should be spread more evenly across maps.

Steel path could also use some form of CC restriction. Right now a lot of missions can be cheesed with locking AI in place. What I was thinking about is to introduce diminishing returns for CC abilities. Ability duration would be cut in half when cast on the same unit in a short amount of time. And then halved again, and so on.

In general I think steel path is a good start as a hard mode, however, there are still issues I have. Missions feel more or less the same, bloated health values for AI can only do that much. Perhaps missions could have additional modifiers to make them more interesting. Add environmental effects, such as magnetic storms, or a broken reactor that would cause map to have ice all over it. Enemies don't have to be the only source of difficulty. Adding some mini bosses that spawn would also be a cool addition. Moreover, enemies could get a new gear, or even different weapons. For example, give them flash grenades, or allow them to freeze doors like in railjack, to trap us. And then try to gas us. Make AI more aware of surroundings. Why not make them react to broken cameras or make them reactivate security that we turned off in spy vaults? I know the mode was created so players wouldn't have to wait for high-level enemies, but stuff like that would make stel path really stand out.

Finally, there is a matter of rewards. Currently, steel path feels like a one-time thing. There is no reason to do these missions more than once. More resources are fine, but players who steel path is aimed at already have a lot of them and probably don't need them. Teshin's shop is not impressive either. I'm not going to comment on relick packs there.

I liked Brozime's idea to make several nodes into loot caves for specific resources. Then, at least a few nodes will be populated.

- <supernils> killed by 9,454 damage at 1,070 health from a level 111 FROST SPECTER using a IceHammer

Really? And this is with 900 armor Excalibur. I know, tank meta, right?

I don't think that it's any type of strategical challenge to cheese the #*!% out of the game. Everybody can easily just use magic meta.

I want to be able to use a wide array of gear to beat content by building it correctly and using Warframe abilities correctly.

Tank or no tank, that's the question. I see how most players answer this question in the steel path. LAME

e: of course I can also just stealth. Just as lame.

I wanted to wait until I cleared the map, and since I've done that now I feel like I can give you my honest feedback:

It's another content island with artificial difficulty ramping that does nothing but act as a damage gear check. I didn't mind tankier enemies, as those are fundamentally needed, in the base game too, not just in some corner of the game, but about past.... saturn, I believe, is where two shots started happening again like it was the case before armor rework and shield gating. Sure, you can always minimize the damage by flinging yourself around the map like a mad devil, but that has absolutely nothing to do with skill, or any difficulty. In fact, it takes away from combat since all you end up doing is flipping, from one wall to the other spamming mostly AoE abilities to remove armor on massive amounts of enemies.

Oh yes, I should mention I played path solo from start to finish. Maxing out enemy spawns in solo play felt boring after two missions and reduces the opportunity for meaningful combat to occur. If all you do is bunch up enemies to hack into them for a few seconds, over and over, that's not engaging. Not at level 40 on the normal star chart, and not at level 140 in SP Mot.

Had the tankiness remained at a baseline of where it is now in SP of about level 100, and the damage enemies do not changed past mars, it would have been more enjoyable. Even then, though, the SP once again highlights one of the issues players have been asking the devs to address for years and years: Improving AI to enhance combat. Instead of - as it feels like you have gotten used to - just dial up the numbers of enemies, damage they do and take to create a flat combat experience, I'd much rather have fought half as many enemies as on a normal mission, with twice the tankiness of their SP level equivalent now. Combat absolutely needs to get away from jumping and spamming if you ever intend to make it more fun. More tankiness, same amount of damage, and a more involved AI.

As far as the rewards go, thank you f or not locking exclusive stats behind them .I don't care for those cosmetics enough to subject myself to eximus grind. I got 41 during my run fyi., about half you need for that armor set.

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

There is no sexualizing in it, it is just an option to make your pixels look like an adult.

When the pixels in question are boobs on a child, yes, that is sexualization. Plus I was referring more to the external pads than the underlying body shape. It's boob armor. Boob armor has nothing to do with protecting the wearer and everything to do with titillating a male audience. I'm not comfortable with a child character being used for that purpose.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb OmegaVoid:

Here's a video I made showing the performance of the Braton Vandal on Grineer Elite Lancers in various conditions including Steel Path. This weapon is too powerful for the regular Star Chart but too weak for Steel Path. Where's the Star Chart I can satisfyingly use this weapon on? Why are the levels it appears to be balanced for not available?

First: The Braton Vandal is just a Mr. 4 weapon. Theoretical it doesn't even need to be playable in Sortie missions, because Sortie is avaibale after Mr. 6. (Theoretical. I know that warframes mastery system is broken).

Second: (I know everyone has his own opinion and playstile, but...) Wth is that for a build? Are you using an build for infested against grineer, or what? No wonder that it performs so bad. There is something like armor and you can't just punch on it and hope that it will go away. Melt it, or ignore it! Just use the typical Viral-heat and Hunter-munition Combi and it will perform 100-times better. My Braton will probably beat your Vandal in the Kuva fortress, if you won't change that build. And I'm just using a status build...

Disruption need much much more enemies, it doesn't feel like there is a lot enemies like a full squad when play solo disruption (steel path mode)

"Enemy spawn rates during Endless missions are increased in solo matchmaking, as if playing in a full squad in normal mode."

14 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

First: The Braton Vandal is just a Mr. 4 weapon. Theoretical it doesn't even need to be playable in Sortie missions, because Sortie is avaibale after Mr. 6. (Theoretical. I know that warframes mastery system is broken).

Your video really reinforces what I'm saying, though.

From point of first contact at 1:10 you take 5 minutes and 35 seconds to kill 20 trash mobs (well 2 are just very nearly dead).

When you run out of ammunition ~6:45 and pull out Exalted Blade, you kill 6 enemies in 27 seconds, including an Eximus. After you get the door open, from 7:30 to 8:15 you rack up a further 14 in 45 seconds, including another Eximus.

That's 1 minute 12s of Exalted melee combat to equal 5 minutes 35s of gunfire. 😟

And you are constantly spamming Radial Howl to keep them immobilised: how is this satisfying gunplay? For me, the Radial Howl is a thing to be employed when the number of enemies begins to outweigh my weapons' capabilities -- in Steel Path, that's nearly all the time unless you use melee!

Second: (I know everyone has his own opinion and playstile, but...) Wth is that for a build?

True, my build was rather outdated. Since Warframe Revised dropped, I'd only tweaked it as far as confirming from in-mission experience that Viral outperformed Corrosive against Armour.

When it was put together, Physical damage still had 4x more proc chance than Elemental, so the average ~30% extra DPS plus 30% extra Status procs from Vigilante Armaments outweighed Hunter Munitions' 12% chance to apply a Bleed. Hunter Munitions is now a better pick for that slot. I'll be using that from here on in. Thank you. 🙂

Regarding 60/60 Heat vs Primed Shred, it's less clear-cut. (Shoot me if my maths is off... )

Heat procs reduce enemy Armour points by 50%... and at Steel Path amounts, that's far enough from the knee of the S-curve to be ~double damage, I think. The extra damage from the heat is ~24% increase on Cloned Flesh when paired with Viral, making total DPS increase of ~150%. But Heat procs make the enemies thrash around so it's harder to land headshots -- which is fairly important if you're leaning on HM Bleeds for DPS, as they will benefit from headshot multiplier and upgraded crit tier.

By contrast, Primed Shred gives 55% increase in DPS from fire rate, to single targets... and if two enemies are lined up, you deal damage to both from one shot due to the punch-through -- that's a 210% increase in DPS if you're hitting 2 enemies, a 365% increase if you hit 3, and so on 'til you've used up 2m of punch-through. 🤔

In-mission it's situational, of course. (If you try in Simulacrum, to kill two level 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and one Bombard standing in a row takes about three magazines with the Heat, but only two with Primed Shred -- it's faster and more ammo-efficient.) But the importance of your damage output is proportional to the number of enemies present, and the more enemies there are... the greater chance of dealing extra damage from punch-through! 😃 So I still think Primed Shred is not an out-and-out worse pick for that slot than Thermite Rounds... provided it's worth shooting things in the first place.

Just use the typical Viral-heat and Hunter-munition Combi and it will perform 100-times better.

I'll give you that you're definitely right about Hunter Munitions (and right about Thermite Rounds for single-target damage)... but hyperbole aside, the better kill time is still not enough to make firearms worthwhile in Steel Path.

I was using the Hunter Munitions + Thermite Rounds build here, and I'd have been better off just going straight to melee on those guys. 🙁

And keep in sight the fact: even with my sub-optimal Vigilate Armaments build, Braton Vandal instagibbed Star Chart enemies even with Serration removed and an Extinguished Dragon Key. And the better build still sucks for Steel Path. It still takes an entire magazine to the head to kill a single trash mob.

So my position remains the same; with the majority of firarms, I still can't get a decent gunfight on the Star Chart -- Steel Path or regular.

On 2020-07-08 at 4:16 PM, [DE]Bear said:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9

Greetings Tenno!

As you may have seen, we have recently released The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0! The Steel Path takes you on a much more challenging trip through the Origin System, with enemies on all nodes gaining +100 Levels - with new emotes, decorations, and rewards to earn.

This thread is for you to give your feedback about the Steel Path, so if you have thoughts that you wish to share, please do so here. If you see something you like, make sure to let us know! If you see something you don’t like, then please tell us why, and what you would like to see to make it better!

Please keep your feedback constructive, civil, and concise!

Thanks, and see you out there, Tenno!

HI

I'm on console and have been following this update and have been a bit concerned that you guys have not considered us on console at all (sometimes it feels like we are an after thought). We are unable to display our orbiter trophies as the Loading is terrible. I have a bunch of Orbiter decorations that I cannot display because it increases the load on our poor weak consoles. I also have a gaming PC and have got to MR14 on PC but as console in my main account with all my maxed modes and cosmetics I am stuck, because of this I know the difference hardware is making to my load times. You cannot just jump into your arsenal after a mission and expect to change builds on anything immediately as you have to wait for the item to load. My concern is this you are giving us more things that we just cant't use as they affect our game play/enjoyment of the game and will get forgotten in the inventory because of it.

I've had great fun until now. Enemy resistance, damage and TTK are fine, and as a solo player really appreciate the higher spawnrate.

There are a few edge-cases such as solo Ropapolyst, Vormalysts and the treasurer which come out a bit over the top, but other than that it has been a very engaging experience, at times even a bit confronting how sloppy I have become due to normal mode being so... forgiving.

That said, other feedback, from me and Clan mates who also mostly were doing it solo. Though we haven't yet completed everything, we done enough:

- Archwing mission are undertuned. You barely feel the increased difficulty.  

- Do not know how enemy mix is determined, but having Steel Path start with a higher % of elite and eximus units would be welcomed. Might already partially fix the Steel Essence droprate issues.

- Reverse day/night cycle with normal mode. Would be such a simple QoL improvement for all the time-gated stuff linked to this.

- Tweak how Steel Essence is obtained. Yes, I know you can get enormous quantities. Enough to hit rates like 40-50K kuva per hour if you go deep enough in endurance runs, but those are liable to hit you with trade bans (please fix this) and not everybody enjoys doing a mission 2+ hours. There are ways to increase Steel Essence rewards for 'regular' gameplay, such as rewards in mail-box upon completion of mission, which won't further explode the endurance run hauls as those seem quite reasonable already.

- Please add Railjack, Nightmare mode, Arbitrations, Egg cracking, Kuva Siphon/Floods, Invasions, Liches, Syndicate missions and Sorties. 

- Kuva is nice, but adding Focus, Endo, Affinity, Credits, the rare materials, the reputation-rank increasing materials (toroids, the eidolon stuff, ...), focus lenses and their RNG-locked blueprints and I'm sure I am missing some others. In fact why not throw in all the not-evergreen loot-table entries, especially the pieces of sets like warframes and weapons. Anything that gives an alternative to getting things which we can only obtain by repeating the same mission a bazillion times would be welcomed. Variation in these grinds, as well as a fall-back option for when RNG puts you on the wrong side of the Gauss curve, would be such a fresh breath of air and this could be the place for that as it would give the entire star map as a potential farm spot instead of that one particular mission, provided you manage a reasonable Steel Essence droprate outside of just doing 2+ hour endurance runs obviously. 

- Remove Stance Forma. Not just from Steel Path. From the game. That thing is too stupid for words. I'm only half joking, btw. Add any and/or all other forma you wish, but not just that silly item.

Except Umbra Forma. Well, ok, I don't particularly care to be honest. It's not as if we aren't already powercreeped beyond the point where this would make a real difference, I suppose. Still, turning something so exclusive into an easily farmeable commodity seems pretty meh. I'd rather you add the other evergreens, items, materials, mods, blueprints, whatever, which are currently locked behind repetitive grinds as in my suggestion above.

- Increase the 'I hate you and am coming to get you' squads occurrence %. Also, make more of them. One of the most exciting missions in my SP trip was on Apollo, Lua, where I got the sentient scouts, combined with glassmaker AND the Stalker while a Demolition unit was incoming. Now, that got me sitting up and grinning widely. It makes play more dynamic and adds much-needed unpredictability. 

- Moar fashion stuff is always welcomed with open arms. 

- Bonus points if besides the suggestions above, you double the Steel Essence price of everything, give Steel Path double the Essence droprate and add the current Steel Essence droprate to normal mode. Because variation and a way round RNG forcing you to do double or triple the expected runs is also good for when you have not yet unlocked Steel Path and, I believe, good for player retention and selling your boosters. 

14 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

When the pixels in question are boobs on a child, yes, that is sexualization. Plus I was referring more to the external pads than the underlying body shape. It's boob armor. Boob armor has nothing to do with protecting the wearer and everything to do with titillating a male audience. I'm not comfortable with a child character being used for that purpose.

Except the "child" is up towards 18-20 years or so given the options for mature and adult voices on the males.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb OmegaVoid:

Your video really reinforces what I'm saying, though.

From point of first contact at 1:10 you take 5 minutes and 35 seconds to kill 20 trash mobs (well 2 are just very nearly dead).

When you run out of ammunition ~6:45 and pull out Exalted Blade, you kill 6 enemies in 27 seconds, including an Eximus. After you get the door open, from 7:30 to 8:15 you rack up a further 14 in 45 seconds, including another Eximus.

That's 1 minute 12s of Exalted melee combat to equal 5 minutes 35s of gunfire. 😟

That's what I wanted to show. The Braton is just a weapon for the start. It's not for "endgame". It cost just 15k credits. Compared to other weapons which needs much more ressoruces (Acceltra), or even have some timegates (syndikate weapons) it's nothing. The weapon and many other low Mr. weapon were never intended to work in steelpath. They exist for people who can't afford the best gear.

And that the Braton Vandal is one of the exception that the time needed to get it (~75 ESO runs) doesn't equal the "reward" isn't a problem of the mission (Steelpath), but from it's stats. The Braton Vandal just needs a buff. A huge buff to catapult it directly into a ~Mr. 12 weapon, if not even higher.

But judging steelpath for it is the wrong way. Judge DE for making a weapon which isn't worth the time to get it. 😉😉😉

And you are constantly spamming Radial Howl to keep them immobilised: how is this satisfying gunplay? For me, the Radial Howl is a thing to be employed when the number of enemies begins to outweigh my weapons' capabilities -- in Steel Path, that's nearly all the time unless you use melee!

It wasn't satisfying. I just used him, because you used him in your video.^^

Normally I would take Rhino, Chroma, Nezha, Vauban or even Inaros who are better suited for pure gunplay.

True, my build was rather outdated. Since Warframe Revised dropped, I'd only tweaked it as far as confirming from in-mission experience that Viral outperformed Corrosive against Armour.

And I was scared that you were someone who did never learn the modsystem and is now telling that his weapon can't kill. Luckily I was totally wrong. 

Regarding 60/60 Heat vs Primed Shred, it's less clear-cut. (Shoot me if my maths is off... )

Heat procs reduce enemy Armour points by 50%... and at Steel Path amounts, that's far enough from the knee of the S-curve to be ~double damage, I think. The extra damage from the heat is ~24% increase on Cloned Flesh when paired with Viral, making total DPS increase of ~150%. But Heat procs make the enemies thrash around so it's harder to land headshots -- which is fairly important if you're leaning on HM Bleeds for DPS, as they will benefit from headshot multiplier and upgraded crit tier.

By contrast, Primed Shred gives 55% increase in DPS from fire rate, to single targets... and if two enemies are lined up, you deal damage to both from one shot due to the punch-through -- that's a 210% increase in DPS if you're hitting 2 enemies, a 365% increase if you hit 3, and so on 'til you've used up 2m of punch-through. 🤔

In-mission it's situational, of course. (If you try in Simulacrum, to kill two level 170 Corrupted Heavy Gunners and one Bombard standing in a row takes about three magazines with the Heat, but only two with Primed Shred -- it's faster and more ammo-efficient.) But the importance of your damage output is proportional to the number of enemies present, and the more enemies there are... the greater chance of dealing extra damage from punch-through! 😃 So I still think Primed Shred is not an out-and-out worse pick for that slot than Thermite Rounds... provided it's worth shooting things in the first place.

I'm to lazy to recalculate it, but I think it just ends on personal prefernces. I like to use fire, because the fire proc actually help me to get headshoots. (stun, armor reduction, The swinging arms don't disturb me). And normally I use rifles just for one target, so I don't need punchtrough. If I want to hit many targets at once I would use an aoe weapon or melee.😃😃😃

Btw, If you like the Braton-class so much you can use the Braton Prime in steelpath. You will need a good riven, but even with a decent riven (like mine with +damage, -recoil,  +statuschance, -reload time) it works quite well.^^

Alright.

I wonder why Steel Path is actually is in the game in its current implementation. I see it as a huge mastery fodder content, content which is actually not very fun or engaging. As a matter of fact it's a dull process, the same dull process like the normal starchart or sorties.

I've seen an argument that players demanded that type of content, to jump right into level 100+ mobs without waiting for an  hour in order to see these mobs. That's absurd. The majority of player base grind something, relics, parts, resources it matters not. From that perspective level 100+ mobs are not needed.

Another argument is gear check. Really? If a player has a min-maxed frame with a min-max weapons, and all of that allows that player to deal with level 9000+ easily what type of content can be challenging or difficult for that player? no such content exists in this game. It's rather obvious is it not?

The way how this game designed, a developer simply can not offer a content that would pose any sort of difficulty for the player base. In order to do that a developer should remake entire game from the scratch. Which is not going to happen.

So my question is why Steel Path has been implemented? What is the reason to have this game mode? It offers literally nothing. Nothing at all. It's just another run through a starchart in order to get some mastery, that's it. Nothing more to it. It's not a type of content that would keep me log in every day. It's just one time speed run and after that this Steel Path will be forgotten as it should.

Damn. ME3MP still has a better gameplay and teamwork rather than Warframe, and Warframe is in development for 7+ years.

What can i say? Yet another disappointment. Digital Extremens, you as a developer should know better than anyone else. It is your game yet you release a game mode that only highlights all the flaws of Warframe. You made players so powerful that game became a trivial, boring process. There is no skill, there is no challenge or difficulty there is nothing remotely fun or engaging. And it's not only about Steel Path but about Warframe in general.

I really hope you would deliver with Duviri Paradox, i really hope you would.

My two cents on the Steel Path are:

> The mode per se is challenging , I'd say fun even, as I finally have enemies on the same level as my gear. This however slows down the mission by alot, and it feels confusing, considering that "Warframe is a fast- paced game". It also helped highlighting the flaws in the core gamemodes, such as interception, defense, and some boss fights.

I know Steel path was meant to be an "Extra Challenge", but this feels like yet another " island of content " where I'm going to get my orbiter gizmos, farm a bit of resources, and NEVER look back into it, for there is no evergreen reward (there are other ways to acquire kuva and, expecially, relic packs. Stance formas? I have yet to use one.

> I can't return to it even if I wanted to ! Sindycate missions, liches, railjack and everything else stay locked away from interacting with The Steel Path.

In conclusion, I'd say not bad for an apocalypse- timed update ( stay safe,wash your hands and all of that) -- but as long as the latest update is not allowed to connect and interact with the older content , I fear it may have a negative impact overall. In my opinion, a chanche to acquire, even at a high cost, something rare like a legendary core or an umbra forma bp, maybe it would excuse the effort necessary for the challenge.

Archived