Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Except the "child" is up towards 18-20 years or so given the options for mature and adult voices on the males.

That's just your estimation that directly contradicts what we're explicitly told in-game. If that's the best argument you can muster, I'd say the discussion is over by this point.

3 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

That's what I wanted to show. The Braton is just a weapon for the start. [...]

But judging steelpath for it is the wrong way.

Oh sure, I don't judge Steel Path by how the Bratons perform in it! For top-tier firearms Steel Path is fine.

I am actually enjoying Steel Path, particularly now I'm slacking off on unlocking new nodes (which was starting to feel a bit like work), and replaying some of the nodes I've already done with different loadouts, for the fun of it.

In itself Steel Path is pretty cool, and I'm glad we have it. But... it is by nature restrictive to our choice of weaponry and (in most missions) our tactics.

What I'm questioning is why there's no in-between Star Chart. There's a huge swath of weapons I like to use which are overkill for the regular Star Chart mooks, but rubbish for Steel Path. What was shown in the devstream originally made me hope there'd be places to use those weapons besides Lich Territory, so I'm disappointed that hasn't happened.

If you like the Braton-class so much you can use the Braton Prime in steelpath.

I just grabbed Braton Vandal as a weapon I consider middling in power. That prompted me to take Excal Umbra and Lato Vandal as a callback to my starter loadout. I'm not really a Braton fanboi, though I do use the Vandal and Prime from time to time.

Normally I would take Rhino, Chroma, Nezha, Vauban or even Inaros who are better suited for pure gunplay.

I lean more towards Frost (Avalanche is a solid panic button), Saryn (Spores to soften the enemies up, Toxic Lash for the really tanky ones... and the mother of all panic buttons!) Mirage (no panic button, and squishy with it. Invigorating!), Banshee (constant panic 'cos you're always just two seconds away from getting gibbed), Harrow (quite management-intensive, but he's awesome as long as I can keep the buffs rolling) and Grendel (the Armour-strip can be useful in Steel Path, he's pretty tanky, can self-heal and... okay, I'll be honest, it's the ability to suck up a bunch of enemies and spit them at each other which is the biggest attraction 😆).

Nezha I think of more as suited to melee than gunfights -- probably 'cos he's such a slippery boi, and if you're sliding around everywhere you may as well be swinging a melee while youre at it...

I haven't used Nezha much, but I took him into a survival in Steel Path and that was pretty awesome! I was actually compelled to make constant full use of his kit, making sure the hoop gets charged, bouncing the frisbee off the forest of impaled Grineer, the works. It all felt really necessary for a change, and was a very cool experience.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb OmegaVoid:

What I'm questioning is why there's no in-between Star Chart. There's a huge swath of weapons I like to use which are overkill for the regular Star Chart mooks, but rubbish for Steel Path. What was shown in the devstream originally made me hope there'd be places to use those weapons besides Lich Territory, so I'm disappointed that hasn't happened.

Who know. Maybe because they wanted to satisfy the veterans first, before more of them (me included) run away. Or it was, because DE don't know what middle-game is.^^

Having completed the entire  Steel Path I don't have a coherent list of ideas regarding the gameplay part yet - some was fun, some was tedious, hardly any was difficult, but I'm way too sleepy to produce a lot of text. What bugged me at the end of it all was that there's NOTHING to signify that you've actually done it as a whole. Yes, you get the decorations almost no one is going to see, and the copy-pasted emotes, but that's it.

No in-game achievement, no Steam achievement that I noticed, not even a "well done" letter from Teshin. That just doesn't feel right. :/ 

Also, for my entire clear I accumulated 49(?) Steel Essences, planets and drops included. Not enough even to buy the armor set. Really? 

Finished all the nodes for Steel Path at this point. I ended up with 58 steel essence earned over the course of the entire journey (36 would be the minimum with 18 "planets" rewarding 2 each when completed, so I snagged 22 total from drops). Having an orbiter decoration capacity increase would be great because I want to put up my new 18 decorations (ok, 36 decorations because I'd like to put them all on Pedestal Prime :D) means I have to shelve a bunch of other decorations. Some sort of "I did all of it" cosmetic would also be neat (e.g. the existing flex emote but all the planets rotate in a circle behind you instead of just one large planet or something).

Overall to me it felt less like "this is challenging" and more "my options are limited for what I can bring" - nothing was "tough" I just had to make sure I was running frames/weapons where my numbers were Bigger Numbers or bypassed the content (e.g. Limbo on a Grineer Mobile Defense). For some scattered feedback which I'm sure echoes most of the thread:

• For capture/spy/rescue/sabotage these were basically identical to the normal versions - just bring the fastest possible frame (Gauss, Wukong, Loki, etc) and sprint to the objective then the exit without paying any attention to the rest of the mission. With captures that turn into exterminates it felt like it was a better return on time to abandon immediately and hope for no exterminate conversion than to always bring a "slower" frame that could handle the exterminate properly (I never did this personally, but I wouldn't be surprised if the timing worked out considering I rarely had exterminate conversions)
  • Solo interception feels really garbage with the increased spawn rate.
  • Steel Essence rewards for the non-cosmetics seem way out of step with everything else
    • Kuva is easily obtainable from a zillion sources and 15 for 10k seems wrong when that equates to 750 eximus kills (at a 2% average droprate) or 7.5 entire planets. Not bad as a "well, at least you can do something with your excess Steel Essence" but I feel like you might as well bank it for hopes of future cosmetics.
    • Relic packs are also easily obtainable from factions - anyone who's MR19+ can obtain one of these from their rank 5 faction every day without doing much since faction rep isn't hard to get.
    • Stance Forma still doesn't reasonably serve a purpose as there aren't really any melee weapons where it's meaningful to swap stances. There are a couple (e.g. dark split sword), but otherwise it's a vastly better return on investment to just build melee weapon 1 and 2 appropriately rather than try to double stance a weapon for different loadouts (this is made worse by the UI workflow for quickly changing a weapon to the B/C loadout for number of screens/clicks)
  • Not counting steel essence, I don't see the rewards at all being worthwhile to repeat - the increased resource and mod drops aren't worth the increased mission time. Getting double ferrite isn't useful when I already have millions of ferrite, Increased mod drop chances aren't super useful with the more than double TTK on every enemy and most Steel Path players aren't really farming for a mod anyways. Extra affinity (due to +100 levels) doesn't seem to justify the extra time required but I can't say I've done the math yet.
  • No changes on rotation based drops means if I'm looking for something off of "rotation C" I might as well just run the normal version for cases where I can do it faster/safer outside of Steel Path (e.g. Defense, Disruption). Missions where there's no time difference for payouts (e.g. Survival, Excavation) don't justify the added difficulty unless you're farming for steel essence.
  • Some bosses feel pretty bad with the scaling (Looking at Vay Hek, Sargus Ruk, Lephantis, etc) - basically any bosses with short vulnerability windows. Bringing a frame like Nova or Rhino helps, but still doesn't feel worthwhile to ever repeat because it's not like I need to build another Hydroid (What if each run dropped a 3 frame segment of the Hydroid Prime Trailer, though?!?)
  • Companions often feel incredibly squishy, and sentinels don't have a great way to keep them alive in a longer mission - I can personally shrug off damage however I'd like, but it's real easy to burn through all of primed regen (Also maybe I'm just running bad loadouts or something!)

With all that said I did enjoy the short term goal of something to do for MR, and it's incredibly amusing (for me) that I can accidentally drag low MR friends to Steel Path missions if I forget to toggle that off when clicking on a node. Looking forward to the system getting expanded so there's a real reason to go back!

As far as blanket enemy stat buffs go, could we try speeding them up in exchange for lowering some of their tankiness and raw damage? I feel that would go further toward making enemies feel more challenging without also making them feel too cheesy.

Speaking of tankiness, I'm not sure the armour bonus is needed since armoured enemies already benefit more from the health bonus than shielded enemies do (due to armour stacking multiplicatively with health vs. shields stacking additively with health).

Steel Path took the one thing that was boring and makes you do it. seriously DE is this it? marathon the star chart again all over? absolutely boring. i am one of the players that wanted higher level enemies to start but i didnt asked to be made to go and unlock every single node again. 

the enemy modifiers are the laziest thing you could have done. bullet sponge? is that really all you can do? force me to use viral/slash? did you guys actually test this before launching it? in crossfire you can see the huge difference between grineer vs ever other faction. the modifiers highlight how they do not fit with the revised damage system. remove it.

same loot table as normal star chart? so not only is it boring but you go through more work for the same loot you can get with less work. 

For me the Cherry that pissed me of was simple 
We get +100lvl and 250% buffed enemy's
But they still didn't increased the kuva drops

(The resource most farmed in game)
So for me this is just another finish and forget mode
Because the kuva that tenshin beings is worthless time grind 

Cosmetics won't make play this mode at all and
I get kuva way faster in arbitration than doing this
All I wanted was a hard mode reward vs risk kuva surv and kuva floods and this just disappointed me a lot

And The boosters lmao

The mod drop is +- good for those who need mods

but the rest (like most of us doing this have them all already🤦)

Does the mode have unique mods to drop so the drop mod chance is used ""NO"" so what's the point

And the drop chance should be replaced with a double boosters ASAP

So we can actually farm any resources including kuva from lvl+100 floods and kuva surv and disruption and not just worthless resources drop 
That I already have at 99999999
After 7 years playing 😠 this mode makes literally a mockery of my time invested in the game

I'd like to see more interesting mechanics than these armor and health buffs, which just makes the whole thing tedious. A few ideas would be : Up the level by +100 from standard, dont tweek the health/sheilds or armour, give Eso style blocks on ability spams, give enemies boss style resistances to status, increase eximus spawns, introduce arbitration 'no revive' mechanic.

The other more involved thing i'd like to see is a method not to split the player base between nodes, but instead after toggling to hard mode, players joining missions would recieve a -80% (number a rough idea for an example) debuff to damage dealt, and a 300% damage multiplier to damage taken (similar to how void keys debuffs work per account). Players with this 'hard mode debuff' could get the unique drops spawn still (in the same way that void traces only drop for players who havnt opened void keys) and could have a large buff to affinity and mod drop chance. This way you could run with newer / weaker players, but not ruin thier fun while still getting your own challange.

32 minutes ago, maxximuxx said:

For me the Cherry that pissed me of was simple 
We get +100lvl and 250% buffed enemy's

... and boosted affinity gains, but enemies are so tanky that you can use it to level weapons or frames cause you have to take your max rank multi forma'd weapons to get anything done.

11 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I never thought I'd see the "she's really 700 years old" argument being made unironically, but 2020 just keeps piling it on.

I never said they were mentily old but if u don't remember the cutsceen with us killing the lotus's brother in the old war then idk what to tell u

On 2020-07-08 at 12:16 PM, [DE]Bear said:

1818622534_image(22).png.97b26c6bd1dbdd9

Greetings Tenno!

As you may have seen, we have recently released The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0! The Steel Path takes you on a much more challenging trip through the Origin System, with enemies on all nodes gaining +100 Levels - with new emotes, decorations, and rewards to earn.

This thread is for you to give your feedback about the Steel Path, so if you have thoughts that you wish to share, please do so here. If you see something you like, make sure to let us know! If you see something you don’t like, then please tell us why, and what you would like to see to make it better!

Please keep your feedback constructive, civil, and concise!

Thanks, and see you out there, Tenno!

Hi guys. I've been playing warframe since 2013, I love the game as well as the story that involves the whole plot.
But today I came to talk about a suggestion, I hope to be in the right place for that, because this is the first time that I come to the forum to post something, continuing ...
I want to suggest to the developers, if possible and of interest (I believe that of many) of the players, a Damage Counter in the training room, if possible separating values of elemental damage, values of the 3 types of physical damage and finally, Critical damage.
Peculiarly, I would be very happy with a simple damage counter UI, to track Damage output (all in all). I think with that little extra in the training room it would make players work more accurately on their Weapon Builds, find better synergies and the like. I believe that a UI with damage meters will be, in addition to being very useful, an additional stimulus to face Path of Steel. Anyway, how does this suggestion reach the developers?

14 minutes ago, Drasiel said:

solo players having to deal with 4 man spawns isn't fair. If you wanted 4x the spawns to be standard it should have been 8x times for multiplayer. Make solo normal or add an option please.

the spawn rate isnt a problem. 250% enemy armor, health, and shield is. they forgot how they neutered corrosive. these modifiers strictly lockout too much gear and options. imo we should also get the solo spawn rate in normal too. maintaining LS on corpus ship is dreadful due to very very low spawn rate. 

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the spawn rate isnt a problem. 250% enemy armor, health, and shield is. they forgot how they neutered corrosive. these modifiers strictly lockout too much gear and options. imo we should also get the solo spawn rate in normal too. maintaining LS on corpus ship is dreadful due to very very low spawn rate. 

so really it's not the health and shield then, just the armour. Which makes sense since the armour was just changed to not make corrosive required and allow a nerf to work. I have no idea why after fixing armour it was decided we should go right back to that exact situation with the steel path.

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

so really it's not the health and shield then, just the armour. Which makes sense since the armour was just changed to not make corrosive required and allow a nerf to work. I have no idea why after fixing armour it was decided we should go right back to that exact situation with the steel path.

exactly. going back while also still having the nerfed corrosive. they claim challenge but shields are bypassed easily by toxin, health has almost no damage reduction so no matter how much they give its like paper. 

any frame with armor strip like hildy or frost and a viral/heat or viral/hunter completely negates their so called challenge. i really wish they would stop the line of though that bullet sponge equals challenge. 

we got reduced variety for samey rewards. what even.......

I have made these suggestions on other threads in off topic and general discussion.

But for me rewards i would want are.

Syandanas, ephemeras, armor sets, more operater armor, weapon/frame skins, space cat/dog armors, sentinal/mao skins.

Perhaps special themed frame skins for clearing certain planets?

Ideas.

Jupiter gascloud empress saryn

Pluto cryomancer frost skin.

Eris primal lord nidus skin

The void event horizion limbo

Just some example ideas.

I would like if they added an "Ultra Hard" season to SP. Just a few key nodes on several planets that are buffed even more with maybe some sortie modifiers thrown in. Give us a month (week?) or so to complete this short playlist of hard missions. Like an extended sortie in a way, could possibly be fully automated too. It'll give some of us that dont like power farming a single node a way to continue messing around in SP while earning essence. 

20 hours ago, chaotea said:

... and boosted affinity gains, but enemies are so tanky that you can use it to level weapons or frames cause you have to take your max rank multi forma'd weapons to get anything done.

Ikr people really tough that lvl up there would easy

Well it still is to lvl up weapons 

With some specific frames 

Like nyx Ash Max strength Frost that's just some examples of 100% armor strip frames

Just finished Jordan Golem. It was just 10 min of trailing behind the boss and shooting him. Probably need to change it a bit. My archgun is kinda maxed out, though was using a Kuva Ayanga, perhaps another gun would have fared better. Hm, admittedly, if I wasn't solo, with 4 people shooting him, 2.5 min would feel better. Still, was kinda a boring battle.

In addition it also didn't really feel like an infested battle, probably cause there were basically no other enemies around. The little guys usually swarm you in normal infested missions, but in this one there were just like... 10 floating in the distance... watching their boss' health get slowly chipped away. (Like disgruntled employees xD)

Archived