Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

Finally completly done with steel-path. (Well actually since two weeks)

Like the others already told are the rewards to low. The people who need the ressources are to weak to play the missions and the people who are strong enough don't need the rewards anymore. Current now I'm in the situation, where I have to choose if I want to play a mission which I don't like, but give me the needed rewards, or I play steelpath (which I really enjjoy) but I have always in mind, that it's actually wasted time, because I have nothing from it (to be correct nothing useful. I can't even get the daily forma bp from it...). I suggest that it should be possible to combine steelpath with other special missions like Fissure/ Abritation. On that way should everyone be able to play the content he wants without "wasting time".

The enemy health is okay imo. There's now finally a reason to invest into stronger gear, instead of one-hitting everything with a braton. There are actually only three problems, but they are all not the "fault" of steelpath. The first one is the limited choose on build option, but that's the problem that all other status effect (except slash, Viral, heat and poison) are useless). The second one is the status immunuty of sentients. I know they are the final enemies, but immunty is to much. I suggest that the sentients should just adapt to the status procs (first proc last 100% of the duration, second 90%, third 80% and so on.) Guns are just underperforming compared to melee. I have nothing against that melee weapons are stronger than guns, but melee shouldn't be 100-times better than the guns. Imo it would be enough to increase the headshoot-multipler and punchtrough, but make it differnt for differnt weapon kinds (auto-guns have a high punchtrough, but less headshoot multipler, while single shoot guns has a higher heashoot-mutipler for less punchtrough)

The inflicted damage of the enemies is very low. Please increase it.

All in all I like steelpath very much. But everytime I play it I'm scared that I'm maybe wasting my time and should play something more rewarding.

Spoiler

AC184D10ACD2E3934035AF3D864BCE4D118FFE75

I can't remember anymore, when was the last time that I was so happy to win.

IDK if its just me having this issue but my sentinel dies way too quickly in steel path corpus ships. Everywhere else so far it has managed just fine but it feels like a single elite juno crewman absolutely shreds my carrier prime to the point where it will often be permanently dead through a max rank regen within the first minute of a mission. I don't know if this is because juno elites have some kind of aoe on their supra or if they just prefer to target it but I'd like to see it changed.

The time investment vs reward ratio doesn't make a lot of sense. My interest in Steel Path has stalled pretty heavily since the currency drop is so low and the cost is so high. 15 essence for 10,000 kuva? I can do a quick sortie in a few minutes and have a better chance at 6k kuva once a day. 15 essence for a relic pack? Why would I ever buy this when I can go donate some faction standing and buy several of them right now and continue to earn standing by playing any activity I want.

Can we have all missions on this mode?  Pretty pleaaaaaase.....

Would love doing extra super high level sorties with modifiers, clem's weekly , redoing quests , fissures, syndicate, etc

Would be freaking amazing!

Would love this not to be a one in a lifetime content, but the current default mode for old players.

And I believe this would cater to most veterans.. having fun on all content again, not on specific activities, Recycling all content is very nice.

Would also challenge new players to be more team oriented regarding team synergy and also build sense of community we had way back...

This is basically what old timer players miss (especially ones who did raids) , playing with their buddies on challenging content that don't require 1 button to clear screens. 

the current power creep meta makes u solo with randoms , most content...  (even on hard mode)

Thanks for the awesome run so far !

Cheers to all!

So far my biggest complaint has been the lack of the ability to find other players doing steel path and fighting the Ropalolyst. The Ropalolyst's fight takes too long on steel path so whenever i get to the final stage theirs not enough to deplete his health. This is compounded by the usually bugs associated with the Ropalolyst.

The steel path is a great expansion but the steel shop is lacking a bit. Aside from needing more diversity for things to buy. It would be nicer if you could actually farm out a decent amount of steel essence without needing to have the hydroid spova Khora Ivara Nekros Smeeta setup. Or if the prices were lowered it would be better. With a 0.2% drop chance the steel shop is just rewards being dangled over our heads that people who don’t have all day all week to spend hours farming. can’t have

My opinion is that Steel Path is not rewarding enough and people that finish it have no good reason to do missions there instead of normal mode so my suggestion is that missions on the steel path let players take 2 rewards from the reward pool instead of 1, Endo and Credit rewards possibly kuva should also be higher, cetus bounty should have a higher chance for eidolon lens since that's what veteran are looking for or as i said also let players take 2 rewards from the bounty instead of 1.
Off Topic: Pls let us hide blueprints we don't want to build on the foundry so it becomes more organized.

2 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Or they could put focus lenses into the steel essence store.

The problem with the essence store is that people will play the same mission over and over again to farm steel essence and then there will be all the other missions with no one playing because they already finished the steel path 

I would really love to see unveiled rivens added to Teshin's shop on a different timer than Paladino's.

As it stands i am getting way more riven slivers than i could resonably spend and i feel like a kid that got pocket money but is only allowed to buy one sweet per week ^^'

Getting a reward that you cannot use feel a bit frustrating 😞

You (DE) missed out on a real opportunity to improve the game.

Spongebobs instead of new KI-routines (behavior patterns) and new enemies.

You could call them black ops, red guard,suicide club or Pennywise fan union. idnc.

That i do not have to adjust my gameplay because the enemies are smarter or/and have a different approach, but because they are simply tougher, is rather disappointing. 

Same old, same old.

Just saw this on reddit.com/r/warframe and wanted to share. It's not my screenshot so I can't verify it's authenticity, but I've seen various screenshots similar to this where people are pulling crazy high amounts of steel essence in their runs.

*edit* the player who took the below screenshot explained to me that his game crashed after about an hour and the timer reset. So this was actually 2.5 hours, not 1.5 - still though. That's 2 steel essence PER MINUTE.

keu6mhp9c9h51.png?width=1592&format=png&auto=webp&s=9f0c46f5d6498d5e6ee69e89dc402c0a764d2da9

Also just a reminder...please add more stuff to the steel essence store. Like focus lenses! Forma blueprints. Endo, ayatans, etc.

10 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Just saw this on reddit.com/r/warframe and wanted to share. It's not my screenshot so I can't verify it's authenticity, but I've seen various screenshots similar to this where people are pulling crazy high amounts of steel essence in their runs.

Also just a reminder...please add more stuff to the steel essence store. Like focus lenses! Forma blueprints. Endo, ayatans, etc. Look at the average time it takes for players to obtain 1 steel essence and compare it to the average time it takes to obtain the other items. Then just shave off like 10% of that time and bada-bing-bada boom. 10% increased time efficiency would be good in my opinion.

keu6mhp9c9h51.png?width=1592&format=png&auto=webp&s=9f0c46f5d6498d5e6ee69e89dc402c0a764d2da9

Must...not...meme.....in feedback.

But 'Go, Go, Power Ranger!'

'How many Hema researches do you need?'-'Yes'.

Lens and Forma would be nice indeed (though pre-built would be more worthy of the investment)and the Kuva conversion amount also seems off, compared to Arbitrations.

3 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Kuva conversion amount also seems off

I can't really speak too much on that because I personally pay very little attention to Kuva. But I will say that it does make sense for the time efficiency of gaining kuva through steel path to be less rewarding than doing kuva siphon and kuva floods because that's pretty much the whole point of those game modes. If steel path was better then kuva missions, it would be stepping on their toes and that's what those game modes are identified as: kuva siphon / kuva flood.

That being said, I have no idea what the kuva/minute rate is for anything at all in the game. I've never seriously farmed for kuva before.

Are slash procs supposed to be hitting Corpus shields on the Steel Path? Toxin procs are skipping shields, but slash procs are damaging shields instead of health. I'm having a hard time imagining shields bleeding from being cut with a sword... although to be fair, it's also hard to imagine enemies bleeding from cuts that didn't get through their shields.

2 hours ago, Kaltorack said:

Are slash procs supposed to be hitting Corpus shields on the Steel Path?

This has been the case everywhere since February -- see here for the patch notes.

"Damage-Type Changes:

• Slash Status now does not bypass Shields and instead deals damage over time to Shields. Slash Status still bypasses Armor. 
  • Toxin Damage used to apply to Armor with a 25% bonus. Now it is neutral. For role distinction, Toxin bypasses Shields (but not Armor) where as Slash Status bypasses Armor but not Shields."

Given how quickly most enemies die on the regular Star Chart, I can't blame you for not noticing the difference. 😆

6 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Given how quickly most enemies die on the regular Star Chart, I can't blame you for not noticing the difference. 😆

Lol yes, exactly that 😂. And on Steel Path, I was using Grendel with a heavy attack build Pennant vs Corpus, until I got to Neptune and I tried out Garuda. I don't suppose they explained what might be leaking out when you cut a shield with a knife...🙄

Thanks.

one thing that bothers me about steel path is that aside from steel essence, riven slivers and increased standing with simaris targets cause of how high leveled they are, if you have a mod chance booster or a resource chance booster active, there is no point on doing anything in steel path, the biggest issue i see is with the drop tables, they are completely unchanged despite the fact you are doing something harder, you are still getting minimal rewards from rotations so i have come up with an idea for adjustments :

firstly, there needs to be changes to the reward tables between steel path and normal mode, the ideas i have for it are simple, for credit caches, you get 10x the credits on steel path, endo is increasde by 5x or less depending on how much endo you get originally, as for relics, make it so that the relics you get from any missions are either flawless or exceptional depending on what mission it is, if you get flawless relics from void missions, i think that would be too broken, mods can be adjusted so that rarer and harder to get mods are put into the rotations, either that or maybe have some exclusive mods in steel path to give people a reason to do more steel path instead of just ending it with grinding the steel essence they need for all the rewards and it would help any newcomers to steel path as there will be more people doing it, which would help greatly on any of the endless mission modes as it spawns the max amount of enemies regardless of player count.

as for other issues, i appreciate that the resource drop chance booster affects steel essence and riven slivers now but i think one or two adjustments needs to be made with spawn rates of enemies, mainly that with steel path, there is no point on having nothing but weak enemies spawn at the start of it if everything is already massively buffed so i would suggest that the spawns for enemies are like sorties instead of proper missions unless its something like exterminate, the spawns are fine with exterminate when it comes to numbers, just the enemies for them isn't as great, this would lead to people getting more steel essense as they play through steel path due to there being more eximus' to kill and leading to the end grind for steel essense to be a bit easier, as for endless missions, i feel it would help if eximus enemies ended up spawning sooner then they do,

one idea i have had is to have steel path invasions as well as steel path nightmare missions, steel path invasions would give increased amounts of whatever resource you are going after such as fieldron and denonite injectors and the RNG of steel path invasions would increase the chance of there being invasions that give you special rewards including forma, orokin catalysts, orokin reactors and warframe exilus adaptors, as for nightmare missions, the mod reward for completing steel path could be an entirely new set of mods that you can play around with and use.

i don't know if these are good suggestions but those are what i could think of to make steel path a bit more appealing to do instead of it just being "you do it, you never need to go back".

The "tool tip" for Steel path lists the bonus levels, stats and boosters.

BUT it forgets to mention the constant, no-delay shield recharge. You notice it clearly if you have a strong and a weak weapon that if you damage the shields and then switch to the weak one the shields are going up while you're spraying in their face with the pea shooter.

I suppose it's there to compensate for the damage reduction Grineers have, but i don't like that it's not listed anywhere since that's not how shields usually behave(i think, non-steel path test subjects died to pea shooter without providing sufficient evidence so i use warframe shield behavior for reference).

I see that the seemingly arbitrary time limit on the Ropalolyst fight has been commented upon. I found out about it 34 minutes into the fight during the final phase, solo natch, and of course one minute before I was kicked out. Why does this exist? There's no indication of any trigger or timer until the mission decides there's one minute left. So that was a waste of 35 minutes of my time. 

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan

please, please consider changing one particular aspect of Allad V + zanuka fight.

Boss fights on steel path even with optimised equipment may drag for some time. Allad V has a particular move that makes the screen flash with bright white light. Even though I do not have epilepsy, I have a risk of migraine. And getting flashed for 5 minutes straight every 5 seconds got me a severe headache that I had to overcome for hours. Either give him a cooldown of like 30 seconds or please add a slider to graphics that would allow to disable this effect 

Archived