The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

I see that the seemingly arbitrary time limit on the Ropalolyst fight has been commented upon. I found out about it 34 minutes into the fight during the final phase, solo natch, and of course one minute before I was kicked out. Why does this exist? There's no indication of any trigger or timer until the mission decides there's one minute left. So that was a waste of 35 minutes of my time. 

• Like 2

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan

please, please consider changing one particular aspect of Allad V + zanuka fight.

Boss fights on steel path even with optimised equipment may drag for some time. Allad V has a particular move that makes the screen flash with bright white light. Even though I do not have epilepsy, I have a risk of migraine. And getting flashed for 5 minutes straight every 5 seconds got me a severe headache that I had to overcome for hours. Either give him a cooldown of like 30 seconds or please add a slider to graphics that would allow to disable this effect 

Edited by kvabok
added another community manager as addressee
  • Like 1
vor 20 Minuten schrieb kvabok:

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan

please, please consider changing one particular aspect of Allad V + zanuka fight.

Boss fights on steel path even with optimised equipment may drag for some time. Allad V has a particular move that makes the screen flash with bright white light. Even though I do not have epilepsy, I have a risk of migraine. And getting flashed for 5 minutes straight every 5 seconds got me a severe headache that I had to overcome for hours. Either give him a cooldown of like 30 seconds or please add a slider to graphics that would allow to disable this effect 

Would a black-screen instead of an white-screen solve this problem?

8 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

Would a black-screen instead of an white-screen solve this problem?

actually yes. One of migraine symptoms is increased light sensitivity and being flashed is one of the triggers for this state

So after doing a couple of hard mode nodes.  I think its pretty meh. The ai are just really sponge. Scaling needs major adjustments.  And drop rates for essences is just bad. I havr yet to get a single one.

How about you get some per mission garunteed with a reasonable drop chance from the mobs.

And over time add better cosmetic goodies.

Those floaty ball-sack looking things take a very long time to kill. That is all. (I'll try switching to corrosive crit build instead of viral+heat status). This seems like a weird way to nerf viral.

Edited by Flying_Scorpion
  • 5 weeks later...

I havent even done more than 2 or 3 missions on Steel Path after I realized the rewards for each mission are more or less the same than for regular ones, so theres no point doing them over literally anything else. The steel essence store doesnt have anything interesting either for a veteran player, considering kuva and relics can be farmed easier from other sources. 

Cosmetic rewards are fine to me but there would need to be a large collection of GOOD cosmetics to peak my interest in doing this. Operator cosmetics are already very secondary to most people compared to warframe cosmetics considering thats what you see most of the time, and once you have a complete look for your operator how often do you go about changing it? At least theres a new warframe every now and then to put new items on. 

Maybe put some new augments as rewards in the shop? 

• Like 1
On 2020-09-27 at 8:22 PM, xombob89 said:

I havent even done more than 2 or 3 missions on Steel Path after I realized the rewards for each mission are more or less the same than for regular ones, so theres no point doing them over literally anything else. The steel essence store doesnt have anything interesting either for a veteran player, considering kuva and relics can be farmed easier from other sources. 

Cosmetic rewards are fine to me but there would need to be a large collection of GOOD cosmetics to peak my interest in doing this. Operator cosmetics are already very secondary to most people compared to warframe cosmetics considering thats what you see most of the time, and once you have a complete look for your operator how often do you go about changing it? At least theres a new warframe every now and then to put new items on. 

Maybe put some new augments as rewards in the shop? 

Beating steel path shouldn't be for performance rewards but for bragging rights. If they completed all the nodes of steel path, they should get a cosmetic that says, "I conquered Steel Path". It should be something like an amazing premium looking cape that can only be obtained by beating all of steel path. Maybe a cape or cowl doused in flames. Or better yet a transparent energy crown to show you're king of steel path.

Edited by (PS4)AccursedImmortal
Deleted a rude comment
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, (PS4)AccursedImmortal said:

Beating steel path shouldn't be for performance rewards but for bragging rights

Which is why I said there should be a larger pool of actual GOOD cosmetics that players want. Its unlikely I will bother with it even if they add just one "epic" cosmetic, cause its gonna take a long time to clear for no real gain. But if there was a good selection of things I would be more tempted. 

Or alternatively, prebuilt formas. Only thing annoying me as a long time player is having to wait a day for a forma to build... Or buy 3 packs every now and then.

I just want something unique. 

Edited by xombob89
On 2020-09-25 at 7:49 PM, BtheLee said:

Disruptions aren't possible solo, with their change to how slash works against shields all corpus disruptions are now not possible

Challenge accepted.

On 2020-09-27 at 10:08 PM, (PS4)AccursedImmortal said:

Beating steel path shouldn't be for performance rewards but for bragging rights.

I agree.

So instead of reworking how SE is rewarded, DE only broke the AI desperately trying to fix afk macro farming?  They are still not rewarding playing the game, instead they force us to camp for hours - of course people find camping spots and start using macros.  And this fixed nothing - there are many other spots to continue doing the same.

IS there absolutely no one at DE who understands this?  😐

• Like 1

I know this is late, but some improvements are needed for SP.

As mentioned earlier Umbra forma should be added to the rewards.

I do not understand the level progression purpose. If you can fight the first node on earth on SP you can do the last node in the void. All the level discrepancy does is make some planets bad to play. If I want to fight Corpus why would I go anywhere but Pluto? I am losing affinity if I do. All nodes (none archwing) should be set to level 140-145. Not to mention, there is no logical reason why, as an example, Pluto would have higher level than Venus and Jupiter, which are supposed to be Corpus strongholds.

Mobs composition on all maps should use the endless 15 minutes+ composition. As it currently stands for ideal farming of affinity or resources you want to stay more than 15 minutes in an endless mission. Was not the primary reason of SP is for difficulty not needing to stay too long in a mission? Sadly, the ideal farming is still play survival, use Khora in a group and pitch a tent in a corner for 2 hours, fighting constantly CCed Graineer. I do not want to spend more than a few minutes in a mission, and max 20 minutes in endless. 

Since HP scales, armor stop scaling. All it currently does is force slash setup on melee and hunters ammunition on every ranged weapon, which even with it barely scratches anything with armor. IMO, enemy armor scaling should have a cap at 1k armor. That is about 75% damage reduction. Any scaling afterwards should be exclusive to HP.

Fighting enemies not effected by status is ridiculous. Part of it is due to the armor scaling. This is an issue beyond SP, nevertheless it needs to be addressed.