Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Feedback Megathread!

SilverBones

There is not enough ammo in the world to kill the enemies even on the first earth node. This just seems to exaggerate all the current flaws with the enemy and player power scaling to a more extreme degree.

I'm not sure how anyone could extract fun out of this mode. After finding my weapons were mostly ineffective and certainly not ammo efficient, I instead just cheesed the map with equinox sleep.

I'll hope for a steel path season 2 that does something like disabling most "damage number goes up" mods to try and make a more ideal experience for all players, rather than a gear check.

Umbra forma into the shop be nice or something similiar. 

Also Can we get the resource booster affect things like kuva, endo, or other resources we actually do try to get. Its not a principle of itll break the game RNG is still RNG. I have seen people literally blow 250k kuva and got nothing so simply applying it to the steel path is not gonna do anything in my opinion. It will be rewarding to people that play it.

1 minute ago, Kaadu said:

There is not enough ammo in the world to kill the enemies even on the first earth node. This just seems to exaggerate all the current flaws with the enemy and player power scaling to a more extreme degree.

I'm not sure how anyone could extract fun out of this mode. After finding my weapons were mostly ineffective and certainly not ammo efficient, I instead just cheesed the map with equinox sleep.

Sorry to say, but this is a you issue.

Mod viral and fire and enemies die. I am not saying it is fun, just that they die.

steel path could have better missions reward, i don't know but normals relic, few cred or endo for 100+ level missions is not good at all (i know we have more chance to drop "rare" ressources, but we don't drop more (because i don't think this booster boost riven sliver neither steel essences drop even tho they are rare ressources), we drop more affinity but not ressources, more useless mods but not usefull ressources)

il y a 2 minutes, phoenix1992 a dit :

Sorry to say, but this is a you issue.

Mod viral and fire and enemies die. I am not saying it is fun, just that they die.

oh yeah, because people have to play the meta for winning the steel path ?

1 minute ago, Aisu9 said:

oh yeah, because people have to play the meta for winning the steel path ?

No, because it is clem armor scaling.  There is literally no excuse for that.

With that said, it is simply a lie to say that enemies don't die to bullet fire.

Pls rework the emotes. An outstretched arm with an outstrechted hand in one line as a victory pose is to close to a past pose from 90 years ago.

Lets form a fist or the Devils-Wacken-Hand, or a few angles. But not like now all in one line.

Playing everything solo except those 1 time mandatory bounties on plains and orb valis, and interceptions. Its too easy. Enemies melt in 2 hits, killed Zanuka in like 15 seconds, my Inaros HP doesnt even move, can leave game unpaused, go eat a sammich, come back and continue where i left off. Increase the difficulty pls.

3 minutes ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

Playing everything solo except those 1 time mandatory bounties on plains and orb valis, and interceptions. Its too easy. Enemies melt in 2 hits, killed Zanuka in like 15 seconds, my Inaros HP doesnt even move, can leave game unpaused, go eat a sammich, come back and continue where i left off. Increase the difficulty pls.

Correction :

Bounties are not mandatory - get in, walk into the plains/valis, exit - you can proceed.

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Correction :

Bounties are not mandatory - get in, walk into the plains/valis, exit - you can proceed.

Im pretty sure ive read that you have to complete these bounties if you want to 100% Earth and Venus. Was i wrong, and wasted my time? ^^

4 minutes ago, ARKANOiiDe said:

Im pretty sure ive read that you have to complete these bounties if you want to 100% Earth and Venus. Was i wrong, and wasted my time? ^^

I can tell you for 100% after half an hour (give or take), but currently they do not flash on my screen as uncompleted.

I'd like to be able to do steel path versions of fissures, invasions, and Liches, so that I have an excuse to do these missions. Right now, it's competition between "farm prime parts or fight higher levelled enemies." Why not have both?

I'd also like to see Steel Essense as a reward from Steel Path Orbs, in the same vein as Eidolons giving them.

5 minutes ago, Metal_Sign said:

I'd like to be able to do steel path versions of fissures, invasions, and Liches, so that I have an excuse to do these missions. Right now, it's competition between "farm prime parts or fight higher levelled enemies." Why not have both?

I'd also like to see Steel Essense as a reward from Steel Path Orbs, in the same vein as Eidolons giving them.

this is what i want most out of Steel Path. A way to layer +100 enemies over all activities. 

I'm honestly kind of worried. There was talk of Hard Mode, and Ultra Hard Mode, and I'm only seeing info on the latter.

During a Devstream, it was said that Hard Mode would give +50 to current enemy levels, while Ultra Hard Mode would give +100 enemy levels, and 150% more Health, Armor, and/or shields. Did that change?

I don't want to shred through enemies like they're wet toilet paper, but I also don't want to hit enemies with the force of a balled up napkin as they cave my face in with the blunt end of their Flux Rifle

1 minute ago, (XB1)HollowCube987 said:

I'm honestly kind of worried. There was talk of Hard Mode, and Ultra Hard Mode, and I'm only seeing info on the latter.

During a Devstream, it was said that Hard Mode would give +50 to current enemy levels, while Ultra Hard Mode would give +100 enemy levels, and 150% more Health, Armor, and/or shields. Did that change?

I don't want to shred through enemies like they're wet toilet paper, but I also don't want to hit enemies with the force of a balled up napkin as they cave my face in with the blunt end of their Flux Rifle

They dropped the concept and put in only "hard" mode due to player fragmentation

Until now I completed just earth and Lua.

But I have to agree with the others. The enemies don't deal enough damage. I know that steel-path isn't hard mode, but the enemies should at least be able to kill us. (-> the tank-Frames)

And the rewards are really just meh. I would like it, if you could add regular formas to the shop. (Add a daily Limit or something similar.)

And for the Umbra-Lovers. Leave Umbra Forma as a reward for hard mode!

These are my opinions from having watched the Steel Path in both clusters and watching streams today.

What went right:

Enemy Tankiness - Enemies now feel like they actually are wearing heavy armor and don't get killed by 1 hit of any weapon. They pose a legitimate threat in terms of being tanky, and we can't just blow through them. We have to tune our builds to fit the enemies we face.

And... that's about it. Steel Path is very simple in its goals, but here are my own personal issues.

What went wrong:

In-Mission/Node Rewards - The drop tables for rewards appear to be the exact same as their non-Steel Path counterparts, which I don't like. Given the increased difficulty, the tables should feature increased rewards, even if its just an amplified version of what currently exists. For example, I'll list out the rewards on the drop table for Rotation A of Elara, Jupiter:

Rotation A

2,500 Credits Cache (50%)

100 Endo (50%)

These rewards feel severely lackluster to those of us who, even if we need Endo and Credits, can't make use out of such a low number. I'd much prefer if the drop tables for all endless missions in Steel Path had at least a 5-10% drop chance to include Steel Essence. So here'd be my own addition:

Rotation A

15,000 Credits Cache (45%)

500 Endo (45%)

1x Steel Essence (10%)

Basically, remove mods like Vitality, Vital Sense, Quickening, etc. because most of us already have them, and replace them with rewards we actually want, or, amp them up so that we can actually use them. Rewards like Common/Uncommon Mods should go in favor of better rewards we can use. Some examples would include:

Endo (Of at least 400)

Credits (Of at least 15.000)

Relics (Radiant)

Built Forma

Exilus Adapter Blueprints

Universal Medallions

These are rewards we can actually use and that I wouldn't roll my eyes at seeing.

Enemy Lethality - Enemies, while a lot tankier, are not seeming to me that much more dangerous. And perhaps that's a good thing, but enemies don't really feel dangerous, like I could feasibly be killed by one. I would, instead of just increasing their overall damage, heavily increase their accuracy, bringing it closer to what it used to be, while not quite as high: 80-90% should be good. This would make it so that if you choose to bring a DPS Warframe that's not very tanky, you will have to know what you are doing in order to stay alive.

In addition, I personally want to see some enemies in the future that may be immune to Warframe crowd control, or, at least, less susceptible to it like Sentients to Limbo's Statis. Whether these would be a new enemy type like the Scrambus or Nuliffier, or just something added on to every enemy, IDK, but i really would like to see that. I also wouldn't mind seeing you guys add those Immunity nodes onto Eximus units like we saw you guys suggest back in 2017 on Devstream 87, or heavy DR unless you shoot them, like the Nox.

Planetary Rewards - Self explanatory. The statue in your ship rarely ever gets looked at anyways, and no one really does emotes. Don't remove them, but I'd add things like, perhaps a Sigil and Emblems for each planet as well. It could also be cool to have Glyphs for each planet too, eventually leading up to a Glyph of the Sun/Solar System. An Ephemera upon completion of the entire Star Chart could be great too. See below for more details.

Steel Path Rewards - The current Steel Path rewards feel lackluster themselves as well. I don't feel a legitimate reason to grind out and try and get Steel Essence when there's stuff like that in the rewards menu.

Stance Forma is negligible at best.

Void Key packs are decent, but to me, they should either come ALL Radiant, or come with 5 Keys instead of just 3. I can just use my Syndicates for this exact thing without having to farm out level 130ish enemies.

Kuva is decent, no complaints here.

Operator Armor only looks good for the female for me, so I'd pass on this.

I personally would NOT put any important Mods or Weapons here, at least, not now. I instead would use cosmetic items here. An armor set would be really good for this, a syandana. And an idea I came up with is something called the Solar Body Ephemera or Origin Ephemera: an Ephemera that has the planets of the solar system, meteors, and moons orbiting you the player, or just drifting around you, as well as the Starry Sky Ephemera: similar to Vengeful Pull or Corposant Prime, but with twinkling stars emanating from you instead of random particle effects.

Endo Bundles could be a good addition, perhaps about 7,500 Endo for 5 Steel Essence.

I've been seeing some other people asking for Umbra Formas as well. I think putting the Blueprints here could be good. Maybe 50 Steel Essence for an Umbra Forma Blueprint, or even 60. This would give people a good reason to continue using it as well as they'd need more Umbra Formas.

Adding regular Forma Blueprints or Built Forma for maybe 1 or 2 Steel Essence would be great as well.

I wouldn't even be against putting Riven Transmuters and Universal Medallions here, and Lua Lens Blueprints would fit well here as well. Maybe some mods that are really hard to get otherwise could be added here. But again, don't put anything mandatory here quite yet.

So I do feel that the Steel Path gets more wrong than right, but I think there's a lot of room for improvement, and I trust you guys can do it.

TL;DR: 1. Enemy tankiness is good, but enemies need to deal more damage. 2. Node drops feel bad, since they're the same loot drops as normal star chart: streamline them towards things like rad relics, 400-1000 endo, 15,000-50,000 credits, built Formas or Blueprints of them, higher chances for Universal Medallions, etc. 3. Teshin's rewards feel lackluster: increase the amount of things you can get from him, perhaps Forma, Endo Bundles, or even Umbra Forms seem like good additions, as well as some Ephemeras, as Ephemeras are a great new addition to the Cosmetic scene. 4. Planetary rewards don't feel good because no one will use them, and others won't really see them.

So somehow with Hard Mode infested became the new Corpus faction? Where they get dropped like flies in a vacuum. And then grineer become bullet sponges AGAIN, which was never actually fun to begin with, which has been said a lot I might add.

And after all this I see no true benefit to doing this really other than boosted drop rates and all. Someone above mentioned adding Umbra forma to the shop for it. I would like to second that as this is supposed to be me taking my OP gear to bust my butt through an ENTIRE starchart again and I get...emotes?...mastery? Cmon. Really?

4 hours ago, Nurmetya said:

2 - There's this little concept called "Scaling Rewards" you might want to look it up, getting the same old mission rewards as the base node is not worth even bothering with.

Please give examples and Feedback of these "Scaling Rewards" you would like, otherwise you might as well have said "Hey, DE...........feathers, ever try them!".

Sure......but what do you mean by "feathers"? What examples of "feathers" are you perhaps looking for from them? Are these specific "feathers", or just "feathers" in general?

So I just got to Neptune and unlocked The Index: Endurance only to be severely shocked and disappointed that apart from the enemy level the it is exactly the same as Origin System (Normal) meaning we get nothing extra for our time or effort completing it on The Steel Path difficulty. https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulLittleOrcaWow

Why is this a thing? The biggest absence from The Steel Path is credits. We receive barely any for our time and effort completing these harder missions, and to top it all off, the node designed especially for earning credits gives THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT. 

The Steel Path The Index: Endurance should have 100% Credit booster exclusive to that one node. Why? Because there are no resources to be dropped, and sure there are mods so I guess the mod drop booster works, but the entire point of the node is credits. Adjust the node's rewards to be in line with the rest of The Steel Path and adjust credits for all nodes of The Steel Path to be in line with the difficulty of the missions.

By rewarding us barely any credits in these harder missions, earning credits becomes a chore, that can't even be lessened by completing The Index: Endurance on The Steel Path...

Im wondering why the nerfed the enemies. They dont feel too spongy to me, just right so far. 

I do wish DE would UNNERF some of the enemies for Steel Path. Whiles its already more fun than regular star chart, im still not feeling that fear i used to get from old unnerfed enemies. No one really feels different or more dangerous. 

Archived