The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

2 minutes ago, Kaziroh said:

Alright buddy calm down a lil' a lot of us is mad about it but that doesn't give us any right to attack anyone who "doesn't care".

It's nice to be nice ya know.

That was calm. I'm getting really sick of people defending and downplaying DE's garbage choices. The fact we have people that are defending changes like this is ridiculous. Just because something doesn't effect you, doesn't make it any less of a problem. Its a general people problem, they can only think about themselves. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

That was calm. I'm getting really sick of people defending and downplaying DE's garbage choices. The fact we have people that are defending changes like this is ridiculous. Just because something doesn't effect you, doesn't make it any less of a problem. Its a general people problem, they can only think about themselves. 

I know what you mean. But that kind of person will exist and we can't do anything about it

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, _Connor said:

Is the khora skin missing a metallic map or something? It's all the exact same semi-gloss blinn looking material on every colour channel. Looks completely different from the promo image in this OP.

Are you? Since when are DE obligated to do what a tiny minority of the player base say? Why would your opinion of how the game should be balanced ever be relevant? 

yeah "tiny minority" it was only 40+ pages of feedback ignored

• Like 2

Does nobody play Baruuk?  Please explain how you are getting combo duration on his waves, without modding for it, and without having to refresh ever?  It gives him a massive damage increase.  Nobody is going around doing direct hits to get to 12x and then not having to refresh it.  You have a permanent 12x combo, that you don't have to refresh unless you do a heavy.  It's way better than naramon too, since it doesn't degrade at all.  Khora is different yes, because she scales off your melee mods, but it still frees up a slot that you can use for more damage (except Xoris riven dispo is too low to compete w other godroll stat sticks).  So you must all be Khora players, who ironically is going to benefit from xoris the least because of its dispo.

Posted (edited)

finally!!!!

but Nightwave episode 3 so soon?

i havent been farming Nightwave standing till recently but at least i get 7000 of it from episode 3!

Edited by Owenypoop

The XBox One controller Tactical ability button in Railjack is broken (again) when running the game using that controller on a Windows 10 machine.

Environment:  Run Warframe on a Windows 10 PC but use an XBox One controller.  Have Particle Ram and Seeker Volley set in your railjack Avionics and start a mission.

What should happen:  When in either the Pilot's seat or one of the Gunner turrets, pressing the Right Button on the XBox One controller pulls up the tactical abilities in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.  While holding down the Right Button, pressing the X button on the controller should enable Particle Ram and pressing the B button on the controller should fire off the Seeker Volley.

What actually happens:  Nothing.  The X and B buttons no longer fire off the Battle avionics.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Dckrod said:

Does nobody play Baruuk?  Please explain how you are getting combo duration on his waves, without modding for it, and without having to refresh ever?  It gives him a massive damage increase.  Nobody is going around doing direct hits to get to 12x and then not having to refresh it.  You have a permanent 12x combo, that you don't have to refresh unless you do a heavy.  It's way better than naramon too, since it doesn't degrade at all.  Khora is different yes, because she scales off your melee mods, but it still frees up a slot that you can use for more damage (except Xoris riven dispo is too low to compete w other godroll stat sticks).  So you must all be Khora players, who ironically is going to benefit from xoris the least because of its dispo.

I'm using setup from this video. It hits hard and its reliable.

13 minutes ago, paulogabbi said:

yeah "tiny minority" it was only 40+ pages of feedback ignored

it could be thousands of pages and still be a tiny minority. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, _Connor said:

and if the minority is not complaining because it is part of the rivens mafia?

also, what proof do you have that it is not the minority that does not want the change?

"Why would your opinion of how the game should be balanced ever be relevant?"

also, also, why shouldn't any minority have an opinion be relevant?

Edited by ZukeZima
also, also
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Still spouting the same nonsense about the Xoris damage that has been proven to be patently untrue by pretty much everyone who actually plays the game, proof if proof be needed that the devs don't.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, _Connor said:

yeah kinda strange about 90% of the forum thinks it is the wrong move from DE right ?

but i am sure your numbers are right and mine are wrong

• Like 2
1 minute ago, ZukeZima said:

and if the minority is not complaining because it is part of the rivens mafia?

also, what proof do you have that it is not the minority that does not want the change?

yeah only the members of the riven mafia like the xoris nerf, because it did reduce the riven price

• Like 2
Just now, paulogabbi said:

yeah kinda strange about 90% of the forum thinks it is the wrong move from DE right ?

but i am sure your numbers are right and mine are wrong

100% of the forum is a tiny minority of players. Do you not understand how few players use this forum or whine about nerfs? 

Posted (edited)
Just now, _Connor said:

100% of the forum is a tiny minority of players. Do you not understand how few players use this forum or whine about nerfs? 

cool mate enjoy your riven

Edited by paulogabbi
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

I know you don't play your own game.  That has been obvious since the community responded that the Liches insta-killing you based off of something that was at best a 1 in 6 guess, and at worst a 1 in 336 guess was bad.  I've had the sneaking suspicion since you continue to wait for year to nerf things, and just missing out on applying the nerf evenly.  This....kind of draws a substantial line and is asking for more players to give up the game.

Let's touch on the obvious first.  If you don't understand the mechanics of the game, please don't try and explain a nerf to us.  It makes it pretty difficult to take you seriously.  Whatever bizarro world you're getting the "Xoris or you're doing it wrong" logic from is just silly.  The only reason that the Xoris was good was because you didn't have to choose Naramon, add combo duration mods, and switch back to the regular melee to keep the count going.  It wasn't giving us more power, it was making it so that we didn't have to constantly switch back and forth.  You've not made the Xoris in-line with other weapons now, you've made it literally the worst when combined with the new policy of rivens starting at the worst possible disposition.

Moving on, can nobody design a curve which demonstrates damage?  I ask because if you do that, it should be apparent if a new weapon is above the curve or below, and thereby place weapons as either 2, 3, or 4 stars.  If you design a weapon so low it needs 5 or so high it needs 1 it'd be a failure to manage power creep, not to mention that you've stated your design goal is to release worse than expected so you can provide buffs.

Let's talk the steel path.  Is it hard mode....no.  It's bullet sponges.  It's everything that you took years to fix with the shield gating and scaling update, rolled back.  On top of that, the rewards are literal garbage because they cost a resource with a drop rate so low that arbitrations comparatively look good.  I hope you understand that saying that absolutely kills.  I completed all of Earth and have 2 essence.  The 2 essence delivered by mail when you finish a world.  Yeah, I probably didn't kill enough enemies, right?  I tracked the eximus units and it was around 15.  While I don't have a good sample size, that seems like you've got a sub 10% chance drop from enemy units that rarely spawn, boosted not to difficult stats but to bullet sponge levels.  The kind that demonstrates a laser gun and sniper rifle are less damaging than a big metal stick because melee 3.0 happened and basically has doomed guns to a back seat because they have no scaling options.  

This is another update that took weeks longer than expected, delivered something that was a bare minimum, and is asking for engagement through a massive and painful grind.  One that literally rewards fighting level 100+ enemies with vitality mods and lith relics.  Did you not understand the feedback that this hard mode needed rewards?  Two lander cosmetics are not rewards.  Likewise there are 16 or 17 (if the void counts) planets to clear.  That's 32 or 34 essence, that's going to award us 20,000 kuva or a piece and change of the new armor.  What exactly is the drive here?  Why do I give a flying **** about it?  It's more insulting than getting a dozen mortus shoulder guards, and discovering that all of them literally evaporate in the inventory.  Yep, something representing about 30% of the rewards for the highest level granum void literally are not rewards, and they still feel less frustrating than your new mode meant to challenge.

I'd also like to take this time to suggest Nightwave is officially worthless.  You've managed to take a terrible genre of game, the point an click adventure, and graft it into your game.  It's almost like whomever is behind the story is actively trying to see what it's going to take to kill warframe.  Let's have timed events to get a resource, then limit the amount of that resource in inventory, then make a moon-logic point and click adventure, and hide the "clues" in a segment with a yellow tint so you can't make out colors, and let's sell all of this as a murder mystery without anyone being able to connect because the mysterious murderer is someone we've never heard anything about.  I'm not exactly sure who signed off on this, but they really need to not have creative control.

Bravo.  I thought you couldn't outpace being more than a year into Fortuna without having the third orb mother, or promising the ghoul saw and not delivering more than 2 years later, or even selling us a heavy infested blade which was slapped on as a generic heavy sword skin.  Boy was I wrong.  You keep going strong DE.  I'm....not sure how much longer I can justify the next thing being worth sticking around for.  Especially not when there's more talk about who's going to buy your holding company, and the first comment is that things will have to get better in most cases.

Concerning the latest nightwave? From a standpoint of kow vision it is outright terrible. Wash out all color cues and make the scene itself full of point lights that obscure sny barely brighter than background elements with no telltale colors or audio cues.

Plus posted your whole post for visibility. The steel path not giving substantial rewards for the bullet spiunginess is pretty insulting and the mode has no longjevity given that lack of reward paired with enemy tankiness.

What, all because scott has a hate on for the simulacrum? 

What was the hold up here for this mode when it literally is take enemy slap modifiers on enemy?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, _Connor said:

so you're saying "you guys are minorities, you should shut up, your opinions are irrelevant", is that what you mean ???

• Like 1
10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed flinging yourself halfway across an Open Zone (Plains/Vallis) by using a Melee Heavy Slam Attack on an elevated surface.

Sometimes still flying unintentionally even didn't use the heavy slam attack

new game mode is absolutely crap.

brainless, idea less, primitive, amoebas styled crap.

rewards are nothing.

no reason to complete and play this game mode - it is  good example of absurd.

thanks DE for "hard work"

UNHAPPY....