Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

Thanks for the update, I'm digging Teshin voice at beginning and end of a mission during Steel Path.
I also appreciated the free boosters in this mode, definitely a reason to come back to it even once all nodes are done.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

well, few things;
1- it was not me contacting support about this. someone else told me about .

2- it is not a bug in-game, it is loader problem, so no F6. 

3- here we are talking about a bug in the forum post of the bug-carrying update.

anything else?

That's why I told to report it separately. Well, for some reason I thought you had that problem.

Reporting issues here in responses to a patch is useless since DE rarely read them in the first place and never past a page or two. A separate topic related to a problem may at least get some traction.

6 hours ago, Phredd_Pewter said:

I'm well aware that it didn't boost damage higher than a 1.5 dispo rivenned stat stick. On the other hand, the permanent combo duration goes leagues beyond the minor QoL advantage that many are suggesting here.

'bonkers tier broken' was admittedly hyperbolic but the second I saw the interaction, it was pretty damn clear this wasn't going to last.

Fair enough, but they went too hard with the nerf. The most they should have done is have the combo multiplier decay like any other weapon for those particular frames. They've made it so that it's actively detrimental to use the Xoris with those frames.

10 hours ago, _Connor said:

Are you? Since when are DE obligated to do what a tiny minority of the player base say? Why would your opinion of how the game should be balanced ever be relevant? 

Obligated or not, DE would have to live with their decisions and how it affects players. And also since they reverted their change when one player who plays conclave was complaining about the Universal Syndicate medallion being applicable to the Conclave. DE was super quick to revert that. 

Relevant or not, it's a forum to get player's feedback. I play Warframe, I have comments on how DE chooses to work on the game, whether I like it or not. I give my suggestions as well as calling them out on their BS.

So far, the new steel path is interesting- Its nice being able to fight reasonably leveled content without having to go for an hour ahead of time, on a long/endless mission.

As of currently, I actually really enjoy the update, bar exactly 3 things:

Firstly: Objective HP values. Mobile Defense objectives? They have roughly *1/8th* the HP/Shields stat-line of a Defense objective's health alone (Carme on Jupiter, the consoles had 11k hp and 14k shields, while a normal defense objective from even say, a lower leveled earth mission had nearly 200k hp alone.) Rescue targets seem squishy but that hasn't been a problem so far- my primary complaint with the hp pools would DEFINITELY be the mobile defenses. I haven't done an excavation yet, and so far I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Secondly: Steel Essence drop rate. Comparing it to arb drops, its a bit more understandable, but I've worked my way into Jupiter, after branching down to Mercury to bully Vor. According to the steel path progress on my profile, thats roughly 30 missions, most of which were with 3 other friends (for 4 player spawn rates). Together, between the lot of us, I think we've found a whopping 2 steel essence? That's also with things such as a syndicate attack or 5, and numerous eximus units on every mission. I'd wager a *bit* of an increased drop % wouldn't ruin the economy. Its also competing with Riven slivers, which the 4 of us together saw 2 drop in total.

Thirdly: Atlas has been a blast and a TON of fun working through the Origin chart and everything added on to it. However, I'd wager there is not a *single* frame with a weaker "defensive" ability in the current game, than Atlas's 2, Tectonics. His passive, landslide, petrify, and even his rumblers contribute, but with how heavy the new content can hit objectives, I feel like casting my 2 has almost been a waste of energy- It barely if at all guards the console, and does practically *nothing* in terms of damage if its rolled.

unknown.png

As it is, that nearly 20k hp gets shredded through by basically any enemy- the invuln phase doesn't add a terrible lot to its performance, unless you're able to slam it down in-front of the firing squad trying to delete said squishy mobile defense console- ala, having enemies up and un-cc'd to shoot at it, when you could instead be shooting or punching said enemies. Not that it even reaches across the entire width of the console, to be fair...or protects from any aoe, be it sapping mines, grenades, napalms or other flamethrowers...what does it do exactly besides serve as a blunt in a trenched in firefight? Block a door occasionally? Could we at least have multiple walls without "wasting" a slot on the augment? Maybe one of the old suggestions from way back, that lets Atlas punch to his walls, making shotguns of rock and such? 

^^***outside of that***^^
Great update! I'm looking forward to snagging that operator set, and again I *adore* being able to actually fight some decent leveled content without spending an hour first. Its been a blast, the "2.5x" armor/hp/shields on enemies has been noticeable in a good way, not a problem.

The xoris nerf was expected and means very little- infinite combo scaling was never going to compete with 400%+ riven damage (due to his 5% base crit and status).

It'll be interesting to see how the "exalted' frames, like Gara, Atlas, and Khora (as well as maybe Ash?) are handled in future updates. 

Il y a 21 heures, [DE]Megan a dit :

Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Gara Shattered Lash
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

The full breakdown can be read here.

Despite how many people explained hopw bad this was, you still decided to put it in .
Well.

So far I enjoy it. Three things I'd like to see more of:

1) Mid-mission and random hazards would be nice, like sortie style inhibitors or general element-based effects. The intent is to make missions a bit more dangerous to navigate, and could be something that always activates when the mission objective is completed. This might be a bit iffy on Defense or Survival or other multi-round missions, but I don't think it would be bad at all. 

2) (More expensive) Give Teshin more lines, talking about the historical conflicts or the nature of when the area was first visited. "The verdant forests of Earth still managed to keep Grineer devastation in check, though not without Tenno assistance." "An old husk of a bygone era, this derelict is crawling with what Helminth has done to the original crew, and any stragglers who have dared to come to salvage it." etc... One of my biggest complaints playing the main story through a second time is that there wasn't much curation of what each mission meant, and call-out for what the region's boss used the facility for seemed to end pretty fast. 

3) Teshin, the guide. (Also expensive.) Whatever lines Lotus provides during Steel Path missions should be Teshin lines. Anyone who is on the steel path need not be mocked by an Ordis simulation anymore. 

2 Steel essence for an entire planet? really? The whole armor set cost 80...

7 minutes ago, Mohmi said:

DERELICT and VENUS clear, no Decoration and Emote!

I think derelict was forgotten/ ignored, but I got my Venus Decoration. Did you do the new bounty level on orb vallis? Its the only way you get credit for that node.

1 hour ago, Quezaar said:

Right now you get the same amount of weapon xp from 5 waves of def in steel path that you get from 5 waves in a lev 15-20 mission.

Please, tell me this is a mistake.

No, It's not. I tested it, with Focus as well, the Affinity "scaling" is non-existent, and not worth doing it for that. Shame.

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon

It means that the weapon is now trash tier that is useful ONLY inside the quest.

Please, do not give people hope again by making something good and then taking all goodness away from it. Such actions leave taste of frustration in my mouth.

P.S. Other recent updates were really good because finally there were no nerfs, only buffs. 

I think the drop tables need to be updated so that eximus actually drop steel essence? Because right now, they don't. Either that or the drop rate is so low you have to kill eximus for days before you get ONE. Either way, the drop rate appears to be broken.

I'm curious, has anyone actually gotten a random steel essence drop in mission? Because right now all I'm seeing is people saying they got the 2 for clearing a planet and that's it.

EDIT: I just checked the PC Drop Tables link and there is no entry at all for Steel Essence. To contrast there are several entries for Vitus Essence so that leads me to believe it should be in there, particularly since I think the drop tables page is generated via script. Please check the game, DE.

Wow... Add another one to the list of utterly dismal updates to warframe...

Hard Mode was asked for by players that wanted something of a end-game challenge. But because they have a line in their "intentions" that says its NOT end-game... Well, its just another content island that we won't touch after completing it. There's literally NO INCENTIVE to playing it more than once. The way it was released was just an exercise in futility and waste of resources.

And honestly... So far (admittedly only played a couple of Earth maps) its not harder than your average Tier 5 Lich map, quite the opposite, since we don't have a bullet sponge with a built-in melee attack that can insta-kill you every other map.

You COULD have added that, but easy way out, always has less returns. Lets hope you build upon this thin release, otherwise, it will go the way of the dodo soon.

Also, Steel Essence needs to drop more, again with the bullS#&$ RNG. Seriously, its just not even funny how bad these choices are... I mean, a player finishes the Star Chart of your supposed "hard mode" and doesn't even get enough essence from that to buy the base armor, nevermind the "evergreen" reward. If you want to discourage people from playing that mode, i can't see a better way, give them harder stuff for less rewards, why not? Big brain DE, big brain!

Also, your rewards are supposed to be prestige... But half of them can't be displayed to other people, since its a damn DECORATION, and the other are just a meh Emote... Why not a armor set? For the Warframe, not a Tenno one that we have to BUILD after grinding the goddamn currency... Or a Syandana, or you could have put a Prisma skin of the specters we kill as a reward for completing the relays... Nah... Reused assets... Hey, they're kinda nice and unique, don't get me wrong, but not as the "prestige" reward for completing "Hard Mode"...

Xoris change, is another great example of "we decided it, now lets mute our feedback channels, and ignore that we're doing something that makes no sense".
1) If Heavy attack charges were properly coded instead of piggybacking and leeching of the combo counter, you wouldn't need to have a weapon that basically on itself has so many exceptions that we'll definitely see a few bugs coming out of this change in the long run. Because implementing a charge bar and a separate variable for the heavy attack charge was too much work... Coding exceptions for its behaviour with a few warframes, isn't... Also kinda prevents doing this ever again...

2) The "Overwheliming Damage" doesn't come from the Xoris. What it meant was that the Xoris was an alternative for those that are less skilled, or don't have the right Rivens.

Basically you added more tangles to your already tangled code, because you chose to ignore your feedback!

So even with the proof that the Xoris doesn't break the warframe's exalted abilities you still decided to nerf it? lol Well the Xoris is going into the trash along with every other weapon that let's people have fun. Thank you for showing us that the only way to play those warframes is to spend money or earn plat then roll a riven since those still work with warframe abilities.

Nerfing weapons because they're popular is asinine and I don't know how you haven't figured this out yet.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Deminisis:

2 Steel essence for an entire planet? really? The whole armor set cost 80...

I think derelict was forgotten/ ignored, but I got my Venus Decoration. Did you do the new bounty level on orb vallis? Its the only way you get credit for that node.

it was the bounty, thank you 🙂

@master_of_destiny So right! I usually only want to play a game and not go through the trouble of involving myself into too much outside of having fun and actually playing it. Because by going to the forums I risk seeing more stuff that is faulty or favourite parts that are going to be "fixed", than I actually would notice on my own. I can't stay in my blissfull bubble of ignorance (just a figure of speech, not directed at anyone) and need to get involved. And I really prefer not to. Still...

In RL I always speak up and point out things that are good or bad, provided I care enough about that person/topic.
I don't expect anything by doing that, I've just been in more than one situation where I afterwards had to ask myself "Would it have been different if I only spoke up? If I at least TRIED?" and I hated that feeling. So I at least try. Whatever persons do or don't do with what I say is none of my concern, but I at least rid myself of the "what if..?".

I agree and think the amount of people who even care enough or have the spare time and energy to come to the forums in an effort to encourage the devs in certain areas or call out nonsense changes and displeasure is rather low in comparison to the total amount of players (I don't use social media though, so I wouldn't know about those platforms). Again, matter of fact, not pointing fingers.

I still gotta wait until I can play again, see how Glassmaker continues (I LOVE WF story and riddles) and test Steel Path. Maybe I'm lucky *shrugs
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1203051-psa-brightness-changes-in-hotfix-2806/

There were a few things that made me wanna stop playing (removal of manual block and melee mode) and some still annoyed me on a daily basis (AW changes flight & zipline, autoswapping to primary weapon in various situations, removal of self-damage and the combined rework of "getting up after knockdown" etc just to mention a few "fixes", the list is longer), but the autoexposure is the first thing that actually forced me to quit.

What's the drop rate on the Steel Essence?  It's not guaranteed, is it?  I've only done a grand total of one Steel Path mission and killed another grand total of one Eximus and didn't receive a Steel Essence, so...I'm curious.

hace 4 minutos, Brakkyn dijo:

What's the drop rate on the Steel Essence?  It's not guaranteed, is it?  I've only done a grand total of one Steel Path mission and killed another grand total of one Eximus and didn't receive a Steel Essence, so...I'm curious.

They are not guaranteed. From the low drops everyone reporting, I would say it's probably 1% or less drop chance.

Archived