The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

13 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Really depends on the content you run him in. He has no slash in his kit so he is really bad vs. high lvl armored enemies. Regular star chart stuff he will be fine though.

Pre Xoris I solo him to almost lvl 1k before the build i was running maxed out vs. corrupted heavy gunners. With the same build and the Xoris I ran him to about lvl 4k before he maxed vs corrupted heavy gunners. 

Since exalted weapons can't use acolyte mods or rivens his exalted can't compete with a regular melee. The Xoris brought him closer to a standard melee build but it still did not have the same damage potential. That's just my opinion and you can play him if you like. Baruuk is dead to me though. 

RIP Baruuk

So you have no Idea about Baruuk? Let me tell you, even before the "easy scaling" I was able to run 2h Arbis with my 10 Forma Baruuk build. He is so good, that I am 100% that he will gonna be nerfed by this incompetent devs. I did run some Steel Path with Baruuk, and it was just like running normal missions, without Gladiator set and such. That's how good he is. Just wait and see.

Just now, VoidPancake said:

So you have no Idea about Baruuk? Let me tell you, even before the "easy scaling" I was able to run 2h Arbis with my 10 Forma Baruuk build. He is so good, that I am 100% that he will gonna be nerfed by this incompetent devs. I did run some Steel Path with Baruuk, and it was just like running normal missions, without Gladiator set and such. That's how good he is. Just wait and see.

Cool. 2h mission vs. my 5h mission tell me again how I have no idea about how his damage scales against high lvl enemies. 

Just now, Berzerkules said:

Cool. 2h mission vs. my 5h mission tell me again how I have no idea about how his damage scales against high lvl enemies. 

Sure dude, then why are you talking bullS#&$? No need to lie, let DE does that. Also, I directly said before "easy scaling" 2h. Which means how many hours in the new scaling? Don't be ridiculous. How that is not enough? Btw, "Baruuk has no Slash" yeah dude, the Augment says otherwise, with that you deal all kinds of damage. He doesn't need to deal slash tho, he has one of the most OP augment in the game, 90% DR + DR from using Fists, and you talking about how his damage is not enough, when he is one of the best damage dealers in the game, and has insane tankyness. GG

1 minute ago, VoidPancake said:

Sure dude, then why are you talking bullS#&$? No need to lie, let DE does that. Also, I directly said before "easy scaling" 2h. Which means how many hours in the new scaling? Don't be ridiculous. How that is not enough? Btw, "Baruuk has no Slash" yeah dude, the Augment says otherwise, with that you deal all kinds of damage. He doesn't need to deal slash tho, he has one of the most OP augment in the game, 90% DR + DR from using Fists, and you talking about how his damage is not enough, when he is one of the best damage dealers in the game, and has insane tankyness. GG

So far you have said I have no idea what I'm talking about and called me a liar. There is no need for that. I have proof. 

Screen shot of 5k+ corrupted heavy gunner from solo Mot fissure. 

bwEerhI.png

Screen shot of Mission Summary 

Gjdge14.png

With the build I was running He could not maintain the kill speed required to keep life support up vs lvl 5k enemies. 

He is a good frame and Xoris made him even better than he already was. With the Xoris nerf he is now significantly less effective against higher lvl enemies. He has the best exalted weapon in the game with an amazing augment for it. However, against high lvl armored enemies his damage will eventually fall off. 

All the Xoris did was bring his kit closer to what a standard melee build can accomplish. Without that tool at his disposal his damage potential will fall off even earlier, especially in Steel Path. Sure, you can clear the Steel Path star chart with him but that's not the point of Steel Path. 

• Like 3
29 минут назад, Berzerkules сказал:

So far you have said I have no idea what I'm talking about and called me a liar. There is no need for that. I have proof. 

bwEerhI.png

Gjdge14.png

With the build I was running He could not maintain the kill speed required to keep life support up vs lvl 5k enemies. 

He is a good frame and Xoris made him even better than he already was. With the Xoris nerf he is now significantly less effective against higher lvl enemies. He has the best exalted weapon in the game with an amazing augment for it. However, against high lvl armored enemies his damage will eventually fall off. 

All the Xoris did was bring his kit closer to what a standard melee build can accomplish. Without that tool at his disposal his damage potential will fall off even earlier, especially in Steel Path. Sure, you can clear the Steel Path star chart with him but that's not the point of Steel Path. 

jesus

6 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

bwEerhI.png

Gjdge14.png

Huge props man, well done. You need a well deserved cookie and a tall class of cold moo juice. Wow, GG.

Just now, Old_Fogie said:

Huge props man, well done. You need a well deserved cookie and a tall class of cold moo juice. Wow, GG.

That's a way better than the trade ban DE rewards you with. DE owes me some some cookies!!

9 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

That's a way better than the trade ban DE rewards you with. DE owes me some some cookies!!

Trade ban? Huh. Well, that might explain why I couldn't msg you about buying one of your rivens on Warframe Market. 

Well, here's hoping the cookies are tasty 😄

On 2020-07-08 at 10:09 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Xoris Interaction Changes:
Certain Warframe Abilities and Exalted weapons will now reset the Melee Combo Counter only if the Xoris is being used. The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon, and the conversation of ‘Xoris or you’re doing it wrong’ is greatly restrictive in terms of player choice.

great, now give me back the forma I wasted on this weapon that looked like nothing but a quality of life weapon. Guess I gotta go back to my (more damage dealing) other stat sticks.

• Like 1

what a bullsh*t update, it has no purpose at all for a couple of reasons:

1) the drop rate might be higher, but because its way more difficult to kill them with the current warframes and weapons, at least 4 times harder, the drop rate is even lower than in a normal mission

2) the items what we could by from the hard earned new currency (I haven't bothered to remember the name), are ugly cosmetics, and adapters, what costs 20 plat, don't be ridiculous, the only reward worth the suffering is the umbra forma, but you removed it even from railjack missions

3) maybe if you'd add double resources, I'd say, it worth the suffering, but currently it's just an empty dead space, and with nerfing the useful weapons, it's even harder to achieve anything

Some player called it endgame, yes this is the endgame for nothing. First you'd have to add a goal, and than the place where we could achieve it. This new place doesn't give any benefits, why'd I go there?

• Like 1
Il y a 6 heures, slindagor a dit :

what a bullsh*t update, it has no purpose at all for a couple of reasons:

1) the drop rate might be higher, but because its way more difficult to kill them with the current warframes and weapons, at least 4 times harder, the drop rate is even lower than in a normal mission

2) the items what we could by from the hard earned new currency (I haven't bothered to remember the name), are ugly cosmetics, and adapters, what costs 20 plat, don't be ridiculous, the only reward worth the suffering is the umbra forma, but you removed it even from railjack missions

3) maybe if you'd add double resources, I'd say, it worth the suffering, but currently it's just an empty dead space, and with nerfing the useful weapons, it's even harder to achieve anything

Some player called it endgame, yes this is the endgame for nothing. First you'd have to add a goal, and than the place where we could achieve it. This new place doesn't give any benefits, why'd I go there?

The overall goal is to challenge yourself. I completely agree about the rewards and drop rates part (It should be more, no doubt), but the whole point is the increased difficulty, nothing else. And being optionnal, if you don't find it interesting, you're completely free to ignore it, that's pretty fine this way. It's a good way to keep advanced players interested without furthering the gap with newer ones 😉

As for the "endgame" part, it's clearly a misunderstanding from players calling it that way. It's been clearly stated that it is not endgame. Difficulty wise, it's far from qualifying for endgame anyway 😜

The Steel Path sorta highlights how far the Damage system has regressed.

Viral/Slash/Hunter Munitions is just the old "Armor Piercing" element with extra steps, prayers to RNGesus and takes up more mod space.

The difference is not every weapon can be built effectively for Viral/Slash/Hunter Munitions. 

With the capped armor strip of Corrosive, Steel Path enemies (who have 2.5x the armor) still have 50% of the armor of their level 100+ Star Chart variant at 10 Corrosive procs.

Aside from Warframe powers, Operators and brute force damage, Viral/Slash is the only sensible option to armor like "Armor Piercing" of old unless the enemy is status immune.

There probably needs to be an Armor 2.0.

Damage Reduction = Net Armor / (Net Armor +300)

To something like:

Damage Reduction = Net Armor / (Net Armor + 300 + *Base Puncture of Weapon)

The flat +50% damage and 50% armor ignore Puncture has against Ferrite right now doesn't scale very well. My proposal is to allow Puncture Damage itself to scale with armor mitigation. It would allow slow firing precision weapons that can't stack status to scale better. 

Could anyone imagine the Opticor was actually good against armor without Hunter Munitions RNGesus?

IUTu3bK.png

Slash>>>Puncture against armor for years, yet the UI still says Puncture is "most effective against armor". Puncture loses to Slash procs against Heavy Gunners as early as level 40s and in the Steel Path, Puncture Damage just tickles the Grineer.

Edited by DealerOfAbsolutes
  • Like 3

I like the idea of the Steel Path but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. It just isn't worth the effort. It's tedious, enemies aren't more challenging, they're not smarter, they just take longer to kill, and the rewards don't reflect the "effort" (the added time to kill). I think to make it worth it, first, all boosters should be active (Resource, Resource Drop Chance, Mod, Affinity and Credit). Second, increase the drop chance of Steel Essence and, ideally, Riven Slivers. I've been playing for a bit, not as long as others, but I've played enough to fight and kill quite a few Eximus units, and I haven't seen one. It costs 85 Steel Essence to get the armor, 15 to get either Kuva or a Relic Pack, and 10 for a Stance Forma Blueprint (Blueprint not even a completed Forma). I assume the Kuva and the Relic Packs are meant to be the repeatable rewards, but why would anyone care when you can get either one for so much less elsewhere? As for Riven Slivers, it is much easier just to crack open Kuva Relics or play Railjack. Third, there needs to be better rewards. How about Umbra Formas? Arcanes? Resource Caches for rare resources (Oxium, etc.)? There needs to be an incentive to play outside of it just being something "new" and there really just isn't. 

• Like 1

Well, you kept your promise with the nerf, and I'll keep mine with the "no refund, no more purchases". Not that that'll be too hard, I suppose. I already avoid anything with Tencent attached.

On 2020-07-09 at 2:28 PM, ZukeZima said:

so you're saying "you guys are minorities, you should shut up, your opinions are irrelevant", is that what you mean ???

Yes. It's obvious you're trying to conflate 'minority' of population with 'minority' opinion, and that's pathetic. If your opinion is in the minority then it is inherently of less value than the majority. 

Still no fix to ALL the deadlock protocol cosmetics being 90 degree off. If you do " snap on surface " or how it's called they will be perpendicular

Well, at least I have a new spot to level frames now instead of SO or Sedna. So, yay?!

Also, shout out to GHS for his vid. Wasn't really interested in Steel Path because of lack of meaningful rewards respecting a players time and investment. So, thx bro, much appreciated.

On 2020-07-09 at 2:34 AM, kazenioware said:

Second that.

Took me an hour to complete that. Not because it was hard, but it was hard not to get sick.

W.

T.

F.

Repeating this:

Glassmaker Episode 3 makes people experience headaches and motion sickness.

• Like 1