Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

30 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Stance Forma Blueprint - this Forma type was introduced in Operation: Scarlet Spear. In the interest of having it more widely available, we are adding it to the Steel Path! This Forma allows for an added touch of flexibility in Melee weapons for those who seek it out! 

that forma type is completely obsolete and noboby really uses it. why not add Umbra forma instead? that would be worth it atleast since we only really get it from Nightwave rewards and as ultra ultra rare reward. dont add useless things wich nobody uses 

I hope that with the Xoris nerf, you aren't slowly telling us you're deviating into P2W territory by forcing us to use Rivens.

Other than that, without sugarcoating, the best things of this updates are Khora Deluxe, Dax Armor and the small QoL changes. My opinion might change eventually, but it's dissapointing to see that you can't actually take your time to see and hear your community unless they're on a whitelist, pardon my speech.

27.5.4 - 28.1.0

Garuda's Talons are still unaffected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, and the Gladiator set bonus. All of these are still equippable with no effect or set effect.

Exalted melee weapons are still unaffected by the Gladiator set bonus. These set mods are still equippable with no set effect.

Thanks for the update, would an Umbra Forma as a reward for completing every single node in Steel Path be too much to ask? Cosmetic rewards are nice don't get me wrong, better than nothing but I think you guys can do better than this 🙂

46 minutes ago, GraveLordCrow said:

Cause the Xoris was never suppose to work that way and was a needed fix

Do you realize that you can achieve literally the same effect with every single other weapon in the game, but some of them also have better gimmicks and much stronger rivens available?

Let's say I use Naramon stance for my operator and Jaw Sword with reasonably strong riven on Khora. Suddenly, I have the same infinite 12x combo (well, it degrades to 11 every once in a while, but Khora's whip restores it back), BUT on top of that I can use very large bonuses from a riven and Blade of Truth mod. It's one of the best status sticks in the game for a reason, after all. Look up Mire as well. That's why "god-tier" rivens for them go into thousands of plat.

Ok, let's say we want to have a high multiplier on Baruuk. Xoris was a nice starter choice, but have you heard about Venka Prime? The main gimmick of this weapon is ability to reach 13x combo multiplier and that's all you care about on a status stick for him. So, you make a special build which involves all combo duration mods and that set for critical chance on melee and you got a very nice status stick for Baruuk which provides higher multiplier than Xoris, amasses combo much faster than Xoris and the only thing you need to do to keep it up at 13x indefinitely is slap someone in the face once with it every 30 seconds. Or do so every few minutes with Naramon stance and run around with 12x multiplier.

So, the only thing DE did here is unreasonably nerfed slightly more convenient status stick, but essentially did nothing to deal with "overwhelming" damage output. Literally nothing, nada, zero.

Was it unintended interaction? Maybe. Were it actually game-braking? Has it really affected damage output? Well, only for those who didn't know how to build status sticks in the first place, but it's nowhere near as good as a proper status sticks.

The main problem here are actually two facts:
* We still need status sticks in 2020 since for some reason half of the frames with exalted weapons still need one.
* Exalted weapons are useless without status sticks most of the time and actually a worse choice than a normal melee stick due to lack of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds.

Xoris never was a problem. It only highlighted one which we already had for a long while. In fact, it added variability to status stick builds. It never turned them into "Xoris or you doing it wrong".

Have you fixed Grineer units reacting to Corpus security (Turrets, cameras, etc) when in territory controlled by a Lich?  This is most notable in the new corpus ships, but happens everywhere. Every time the Grineer freak out at a camera they trigger the count down timers (spy and rescue,) alert the capture target and start it running (capture,) or trigger a lock down (ship sabotage.)  In other missions, they're just as annoying and make stealth difficult.

Shame to see DE really went through with the Xoris nerf based on incorrect information. The Xoris was objectively less powerful than other options, weapons with and without rivens. Hope this gets reverted or if anything, nothing else gets nerfed for just being convenient. Because that's all the Xoris was.

THE XORIS WASN'T THE ISSUE. IT PUT A SPOTLIGHT ON STATICK MODDING BEING AN ISSUE (THAT MANY PLAYERS HAVE KNOWN ABOUT SINCE RIVENS WERE INTRODUCED).

The extra HP, shields and Armor is an extremely boring and effortless/brainless attempt at "difficulty". It would have been more interesting to see things like nightmare modifiers or elemental immunities/resistances and weakness with the enemies gaining bonus damage of that type to at least encourage players to use different builds.

Archived