Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Update 28.1.0

[DE]Megan

26 minutes ago, MunsuLight said:

'm happy that FEEDBACK IS BEING LISTENED TO

They do but for me it seems pretty random 😛 
Remember that one conclave guy? Thats why the universal medaillon that drops from one mission with a ridiculous drop chance and give a ridiculous representative amount of standing cant be traded in for conclave standing...

Kuva Lich Changes:

• To help prevent accidental Kuva Lich generation from quick tapping the Mercy action, you must now ‘Hold X’ to perform a Mercy on a Kuva Larvling.

THANK YOU!!!!!, I don't remember how or when I spawned my Kuva bLitch, but she got out of control quickly!  I am still working on the 3rd murmer and then it is on to the artifacts😞.  I can handle 1-2 lev 100's but not 10-20 + fissure + glass. (and YES this has happened to me)

Okay, you know, when I went into the steel path to see how bad it is I didn't expect it to be, well, this bad.

If you've played Payday 2 right around the original release of One Down difficulty when it was still a difficulty and not a modifier - you'll feel very, very much at home with steel path. It's, well, one to one tactic of taking whatever avoids damage for yourself and picking whatever most meta damaging weapon/ability you can get your hands on because otherwise you're gonna be stuck there for an hour with zero progress.

Exergis with a great CC/CD riven and geared for heat/viral shouldn't have issues killing grunts and yet it takes at least three shots unless you're Loki and slap them in their head while they're oblivious to your presence.

Hell, even Tigris P struggles somewhat. I'm not even bringing up Lenz or Opticor, they're basically relegated to decorations on your damage frame.

Let's not even talk about bombards or heavies. Or, god forbid, Nox. Even while spending most of my time firing kuva nukor into crowds to make sure they're softened up as much as possible and using abilities to the best they can provide it's an absolute slog.

Corpus are at least noticeably softer compared to grineer once you crack the shields but good lord in heavens it's still horrible.

I had fun getting my deathwish mask in payday 2 around 2016 and one down mask around the release of that because those were fun and challenging. I can't imagine any fun with this. It's boring. It's slow. It doesn't pose any challenge other than stopping your jaw from popping out of the socket due to all the yawning you're gonna be doing.

DE: "We are aware that we made decisions that made our playbase feel let down. We want to make sure that everything we do from now on is the correct path. We are listening guys, we are!"

Also DE: Remove the Xoris interaction that had NOTHING to do with damage, only convinience, making lots of players feel extremely unsatisfied and let down. And, on top of that, NOT listening when they voice their opinions. 

It's getting really hard to find the desire to play this game...

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The overwhelming Damage output of certain Warframe Abilities was not our intention with an infinite Melee Combo weapon

This is all we really need to read in order to know once and for all that either DE doesn't play their game or understand it. Having infinite combo did NOT increase the damage of exalted weapons and pseudo exalted. This stuff has existed for years ie the venka primes combo build for exalted and riven stat sticks like the mire for pseudo exalted. All the xoris did was make us not have to worry about keeping combo up. If you truly don't want outside equipment to effect warframe abilities like this, then why are rivens doing it. All I can hope is that you finally address the exalted weapon problem. Let stat sticks be moddable on their own and buff all other exalted melees and allow them to run all mods.

1 minute ago, Zecthus said:

DE: "We are aware that we made decisions that made our playbase feel let down. We want to make sure that everything we do from now on is the correct path. We are listening guys, we are!"

Also DE: Remove the Xoris interaction that had NOTHING to do with damage, only convinience, making lots of players feel extremely unsatisfied and let down. 

It's getting really hard to find the desire to play this game...

It's so two-faced innit.

I'm a creature of habit, and warframe was fairly integrated there, but I've uninstalled now. Might come back when they actually do what they say the do about listening to feedback. But perhaps they just prefer raking in platinum cash moniez people spend on the riven slot-machine.

I know A LOT of people mad about Xoros but the "fix" that has hurt me the most is YOU BROKE THE HEAVY SLAM ATTACK!!! It was the most fun I have had in this game in a long time. I felt like a super hero. Now that feeling is gone. Just a faint memory of an experience I will never have again. Oh how I loved saying "I must go. My people need me!" and then just take off straight up into the sky. hop into my arch wing and disappear into the sunset. Now I look up and can only go down. Just like my enjoyment and happiness. ☹️

1 minute ago, Geraion said:

It's so two-faced innit.

I'm a creature of habit, and warframe was fairly integrated there, but I've uninstalled now. Might come back when they actually do what they say the do about listening to feedback. But perhaps they just prefer raking in platinum cash moniez people spend on the riven slot-machine.

Like either DE is really insistent on making players play THEIR way, or if you really wanna take a cynical view on it, they're afraid that the xoris is going to affect riven sales

1 minute ago, AlphaRyuuxx said:

Like either DE is really insistent on making players play THEIR way, or if you really wanna take a cynical view on it, they're afraid that the xoris is going to affect riven sales

Which is kinda sad, I was regularly buying prime access to support them because genuinly thought they had a good game and just a bad streak, but done with that. The whole xoris thread was the final nail this time around.

It really sucks.

Thank you for listening to the feedback in regards to scaling, especially for Archwing missions! I'm looking forward to jump back in and test this Live build, and earn those delicious rewards.

But the most important question I have.... SOMACHORDS of the new songs WHEN?!

vor 4 Minuten schrieb AlphaRyuuxx:

Yeah my guess with the past things happed around DE is that they didnt want to cannibalize their Plat Sales because someone needed a Lootbox oh pardon a Riven for their exalted weapon to be on par with the regular equip we have in our arsenals. Its so sad and disgusting what they became the last year.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Warframe Abilities / Exalted Warframe weapons affected by this are:

• Ash Bladestorm
  • Atlas Landslide
  • Baruuk Serene Storm
  • Excalibur Exalted Blade
  • Gara Shattered Lash
  • Khora Whipclaw
  • Valkyr Talons
  • Wukong Iron Staff

The full breakdown can be read here.

seriously with this crap, well might as well sell its for the credits, will probably be put to more use for that then having it take a weapon slot. oh and as far as this hard mode crap you decided to make, just blew through the first two planets solo, chroma and redeemer makes any crappy content like this easy, thought id get to enjoy it slowly with other frames like khora or atlas (favorite frame) but naw just going to blow through you content with way more powerful stuff and not give a single crap about it, just like you freaks don't give a crap about player input

"Use a Riven or you're doing it wrong"

"Use a Jaw Sword or you're doing it wrong"

"Use a Mire or you're doing it wrong"

"Use a Amphis or you're doing it wrong"

Please either revert the Xoris nerf or nerf rivens working with those abilities along with it. Or just turn pseudo Exalted abilities into seperatly moddable things like the real exalted abilities

Xoris changes went through despite 42+ pages of feedback telling you that your reasoning behind them are totally incorrect.

Rivens still affect abilities that use stat-stick mechanic which makes them Warframes' rivens essentially. 

Disgusting.

I guess no money or playtime from me for another year at lest DE.

Yeah, the Xoris nerf never should have happened, especially if damage output is the argument against it. There are plenty of other stat sticks that deal more damage. The Xoris was just a nice option that allowed the player to trade off some damage for quality of life.

So, the hard mode make enemies bullet sponges. Start with level 100 enemies then scale up while advance in the star chart make sense, but this guys are level 100 on steroids, a normal level 120 grineer took 2 slams from my oberon to strip the armor, these guys tooks 6 slams.

Powerful weapons like the corinthy prime now are useless.

This is elite sanctuary onslaught all over again, you go full meta-nuke frames, or you spend 600 bullets in a f*cking dog.

You could force us to use weapons without mods and rivens, and get the same result.

Oh well, another great idea wasted in the most stupid way possible.

Not sure if this is the right place to give feedback or not... so here we go

Xoris:

I'm fine with not letting those abilities benefit from infinite combo duration. But is there any way a different mechanic could be made for the Xoris if it's used by any of those frames?

Right now, the Xoris is going to be nearly unuseable by those frames. Because lots of them rely on those abilities for damage. And in cases like Khora, where their ability damage is reliant on the combo counter, then the Xoris will now instead take away their damage potential, and will be worse for them compared to any other weapon.

Which means that a weapon that's supposed to be used for an Entire gamemode, will be Detrimental to those frames if they are using it.

Possible Solutions?

1. The stated reason for the Infinite combo, was "to allow you to retain your charges until you were ready". Which means that we only need the infinite combo when you are actually Inside the granum void. 

So, instead of making the weapon unuseable by those frames, how about the infinite combo is only active while frames are inside the void?

It would remove any gamebreaking exploitation, and the gamemode is too short for any of those frames to really benefit or break anything, even with access to infinite combo.

2. Another possible fix: The Xoris keeps its infinite combo duration. But, If any of those frames abilities are used when a Xoris is equipped, then the Xoris will switch to a regular combo counter that has a moddable combo duration. The weapon will stay in the finite combo duration mode until the duration expires, resetting the weapon and giving back the infinite duration.

While this wouldn't give those frames access to using the infinite duration at the same time as using their abilities. It at very least would let those frames use the Xoris without the weapon being Detrimental to their abilities.

3. Just make the charges not tied to combo duration. So there is no need to even worry about infinite combo duration and the problems it brings up.

TL;DR

Please find some new way to change the Xoris mechanics to be fair, that isn't also harmful to the frames whose abilities are tied to the combo counter.

I just want to be able to use the Xoris like a normal melee at the same time as playing with my favorite frame.

Archived