Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber - Are You Kidding Me?

Shehriazad

So uh...it went from being "uuh" on most weapons and "yay" on sniper type weapons to

"Lol are you stupid?" on most weapons and "Uh" on sniper type weapons....

Cutting accuracy in half? Are you kidding me? That is the strongest downside of any mod ever....my Paris Prime now flings it's arrows anywhere except on the target if they're a little further away.

So what you're saying is...if I don't want to waste everyones' time in high level missions I better put this mod on and then use the sniper type weapons exclusively in close range to still hit stuff?

How is this balancing.... dps wise sniper type stuff was always so-so in this game...the new mod made them catch up...and now if you still want that mod you just wont hit anything with it anymore...forget about aiming for heads...you better try to hit the enemy at all....

Edit: I am not angry about them wanting to balance something...but putting something on a weapon...namely -50% accuracy...something that you can not compensate for in any way because you have no influence and thus making this mod unusable for the only type of weapon that actually "needed" it (namely the sniping weapons that can still be gotten by normal means in this game) are now back to the "use for fun or shelf it if you go to high level missions"

Edited by Shehriazad

So uh...it went from being "uuh" on most weapons and "yay" on sniper type weapons to

"Lol are you stupid?" on most weapons and "Uh" on sniper type weapons....

Cutting accuracy in half? Are you kidding me? That is the strongest downside of any mod ever....my Paris Prime now flings it's arrows anywhere except on the target if they're a little further away.

So what you're saying is...if I don't want to waste everyones' time in high level missions I better put this mod on and then use the sniper type weapons exclusively in close range to still hit stuff?

How is this balancing.... dps wise sniper type stuff was always so-so in this game...the new mod made them catch up...and now if you still want that mod you just wont hit anything with it anymore...forget about aiming for heads...you better try to hit the enemy at all....

"Woe is me, I don't get 150% free damage without any side effects!" "This is the worst balancing I've ever seen in my life!"

well S#&$, who needs recoil when you have the Synapse/Flux?

Maybe think of it this way, a Snipetron Vandal is already powerful, this mod just isnt cut out for making an already powerful gun, even more powerful. You get me?

I can easily get 7-15K crits on 80+ mobs with a Sandal, and Flux needed this. JS

You can provide feedback without biting back, geez.

Maybe DE could introduce a kind of recoil cooldown so that shots fired too closely together fly off in random directions. This as opposed to making it the default behavior. Anyhow I haven't used the mod yet so I don't know what I'm talking about.

Answer to title question: No.

If you dislike it's effect on your paris, don't equip it? Problem solved.

The problem is not liking or disliking...the problem is that this mod was only really viable on no recoil weapons and the only weapon type namely snipers that you can still by normal means in this game that needed this to stay competetive to the power creep a-la Soma and co can now not use it anymore.

Of course I sound angry....they just turned the one thing that brought back a waste of time to something good into trash yet again....within 1 week.

I don't know guys, if it's true that the mod makes weapons like the Paris totally unusable then it might need a looking at. 

Doesn't need any looking at. The mod was designed to have downsides. It's supposed to make a weapon harder to use and much more up close. Some weapons were able to avoid the negative effect. That was unfair. Is now working as intended.

Doesn't need any looking at. The mod was designed to have downsides. It's supposed to make a weapon harder to use and much more up close. Some weapons were able to avoid the negative effect. That was unfair. Is now working as intended.

Shaky logic. The heart of the issue is pretty simple.

Is the downside intended to be so severe the the mod renders weapons totally ineffective? If that's the case and the reality of the situation, then everything is just fine. If not, (but the reality of the situation is that it does,) then it certainly needs to be looked at.

If its happening every charged shot then that is ridiculous and should be re-worked.

If its happening when your slinging uncharged arrows, well ok its working as intended.

^

i'm totally okay with the Recoil forcing you to shoot slower. but if you shoot once, and that one shot goes all kinds of what in the f*ck...

the recoil should be applied only after your weapon has fired. that way it goes straight, but follow up shots and controlling your weapon gets harder. 

suggesting that a weapon should suddenly be unable to hit the side of a barn every time you fire no matter how long you wait between shots - heh.

and Flux needed this.

no it didn't.

it did plenty of damage already.

Edited by taiiat

Problem is that you can't really compensate for accuracy where as with recoil you can. Not to mention that they changed entirely how mod works now instead of fixing how it affects recoil-less weapons. This isn't a proper fix, this is a lazy way of fixing stuff.

I don't understand what you're complaining about.

You said it was "bad game balance" when it was a solid move.

This mod was essentially allowing one shot weapons with free damage which was the exact opposite intent of the corrupted mods being implemented. They were meant to take away from one value and add to another, not just be an extra serration on your paris prime.

You also said something about the snipers "catching up" in terms of DPS.

So you want sniper damage doing the same DPS as a rapid fire long rifle? Thats good balance to you? 

Really?

Edited by LikeABawsh

Actually, playing around with my flux rifle right now, yeah Heavy Caliber is still just a no brainier on this. Given the hard-limited range and already pinpoint accuracy, the casual jiggle of the beam leaves all of my shots well within the target, at closer than 10m they stay well within weak-spot areas, even.

For bows though, the results are saddening. Shooting from ~100m it throws shots far enough off most of the time that they will miss the target. Ruins my weak-spot hits and even more damningly, ruins my trajectory calculation fun, since the shots become too inconsistent to plan for.

first off.. to be that powerful u had to max this mod.. which isnt that easy (specially for new players)

2.  yes the overall dmg was a bit too much on recoilless weapons BUT than just reduce it to a max of 125% dmg and put back the recoil.. or anything else.

but now its really really bad... specially with ogris (the spread is heavy.. and that even at only -35%)