Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sinister reach Exilus mod ?

(XBOX)SecretSociety06

Is there a reason why the sinister reach mod is not an exilus mod it makes no sense why sinister reach isn't as it only adds 12+ range it might affect the weapon slightly but its definitely not damage and doesn't affect visible stats it only affects the projectiles range and there is other mods in the exilus category that effect a weapon to an even greater degree like terminal velocity with +60 projectile speed which in my opinion affects a weapon more than range. sinister reach would also be a good addition to the lineup of exilus mods for  primarily weapons with a limited range like the ignis or ignis wraith/ I would appreciate a response from anyone with any ideas of why the mods like this and if it could ever change this could also be applied to several other mods to like fire storm just a suggestion thoughlatest?cb=20141026151159latest?cb=20150608200727SinisterReach.png

1 minute ago, (XB1)SecretSociety06 said:

isn't the point of exilus for utility 

Yes but it seems mob rule has deemed anything that isn't accuracy/recoil as "non-utility"

Reload speed, mag size and those sorts of things aren't allowed because "technically it increases DPS!"

I've always hated the damage per second method because of this. Heck under that rule accuracy technically increases DPS because you're reliably hitting more shots.

I guess but then again projectile speed on the supra makes it hit more shots more dps it hits faster therefore unbalanced I don't understand the mindset of some people its range how can people just say no its unbalanced or it  increases dps when literally with brammas ammo max of 5 I could say bow ammo mutation gives you more ammo so it lets you shoot more often so its more dps  with the bramma clearly exilus mods should make a weapon better regardless

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Yes but it seems mob rule has deemed anything that isn't accuracy/recoil as "non-utility"

Why do you think the forums have anything to do with it?  I see a lot more posts asking for additions than arguing against them.  

22 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Because Exilus slot, on weapons and Frames, is reserved for "unpopular" mods, even when it's labeled as a utility slot. As a consequence, popular or obvious slot-in utility mods are excluded. Sharpshooter anyone?

Extra slot for an unpopular mod, that requires an exilus adapter to unlock and then some forma to fit something in it... if thats the logic behind it, it wasn't a great one.

• 2 weeks later...

Fully support - Range mods should have always been considered for the Exilus slot. 

I will additionally stand alongside the argument that Magazine Capacity and Reload Speed should be reconsidered and added as Exilus mods. There are far too many low-tier weapons that could benefit greatly from having these in the Exilus slot.

Archived