Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.. The Embloist.

Kvzakau

Just wait until they do it'll be amazing. Rememeber when the Ignis sucked &#!? A ton of people i knew thought it was so bad they deleted it after maxing it. And not its god tier against Infested and great against just about everything. Our beautiful Embolist, Will be a million times better.

Everyone wants their favorite weapon buffed. Chance of weapon buffs coming until after armor/damage 2.0 is slight. This will likely rework almost every aspect of how every weapon preforms. Just be patient.

Except that the Infested weapons are a special case. They promised us a buff for them and them alone when their apparent suckage was brought to light shortly after their release.

Does it need to be buffed? I have it and think it's borderline OP

/facepalm

It is nigh-useless. It is essentially a melee weapon. It aint got nothing on the Acrid.

Edited by Brimir

Acrid is way too high to start with. we don't need ALL of our Pistols being better than Rifles, be.... oh wait, they already are.

Regardless, it's twice the price and a higher mastery rank of the Acrid, it should be much closer to it; by rights it should be better. TWICE the price.

Acrid is way too high to start with. we don't need ALL of our Pistols being better than Rifles, be.... oh wait, they already are.

Point is that the Embolist requires much, muuuuuuch more resources to build AND twice the freaking Mastery Rank.

You'd expect it to be at least on par.

I can't hear you over the sound of Ancients begging me to stop melting all their faces at once.

Maybe if people stopped focusing on the range, they would notice the Embolist is pretty strong. 

So stop focusing on the one factor that makes it a screaming waste when compared to other guns?

That's like saying people would stop thinking the acrid was all that if they stopped focusing on the DoT.

Any way you slice it the acrid outperforms overall both in real damage potential and ammo efficiency. Yes, I am factoring in the range with the acrid; but even pure dps wise Embolist doesn't come close because you have to be right on top of stuff. The acrid will kill the same enemies baiscally as fast and do it with 1/10th the ammo use.

I can't hear you over the sound of Ancients begging me to stop melting all their faces at once.

1381888475-embolist.jpg

Maybe if people stopped focusing on the range, they would notice the Embolist is pretty strong. 

Except Infested are this game's easy-mode.

Try using it vs Corpus or Grineer.

So stop focusing on the one factor that makes it a screaming waste when compared to other guns?

That's like saying people would stop thinking the acrid was all that if they stopped focusing on the DoT.

Any way you slice it the acrid outperforms overall both in real damage potential and ammo efficiency. Yes, I am factoring in the range with the acrid; but even pure dps wise Embolist doesn't come close because you have to be right on top of stuff. The acrid will kill the same enemies baiscally as fast and do it with 1/10th the ammo use.

You got it the wrong way: it's like saying the Acrid is trash because it's Semi-Auto. 

The DPS alone of the Embolist is pretty strong, but it outperform the Acrid hard with the AOE. Whatever enemy I kill with 10 'bullets' of Embolist, I can kill 3-6 easily with the same 10 bullets. 

Except Infested are this game's easy-mode.

Try using it vs Corpus or Grineer.

I use my Embolist on everything. I just happen to have a stock picture of level 117 ancients. The gun hardly ever quit my side, be it on Grineers, Corpus, Corrupted or infested. They're all the same green goo in the end. 

I use my Embolist on everything. I just happen to have a stock picture of level 117 ancients. The gun hardly ever quit my side, be it on Grineers, Corpus, Corrupted or infested. They're all the same green goo in the end. 

Oh please. You can't deny that the melee nature of the Infested makes the Embolist seem a lot better than it really is when used against them than the other factions. It'd be suicide to use it against high level enemies that can actually shoot you.

Oh please. You can't deny that the melee nature of the Infested makes the Embolist seem a lot better than it really is when used against them than the other factions. It'd be suicide to use it against high level enemies that can actually shoot you.

My only complaint is damage. I don't want more range. I Forma'd the thing four time, and every time, all I wanted is more damage to compensate the short range. In spite of wanting more damage, I still like the whole gun and still bring it against other factions without worries. It does need different strategies, but I'm not playing an arcade FFS, I want to feel involved. Positioning, movement and CC are pretty important to make the most out of Embolist, since the more enemy you catch grouped together, the more damage you output. Forma'ing the Embolist while the ragdoll glitch was still a thing is what made me master the Dragon Kick, which is awesome CC available to every frame and weapon. Now I use Dragon Kick to neutralize heavies with ease, and that with whatever frames (granted, some frames are better suited for this kind of action than others, but every frame can work out in my experience). 

Just yesterday I was playing meat tank Nekros in a duo Survival (the enemies got level 90 or something, I forget, not important) and I would still walk to a pack of drones to juice out damage while they were packed together. And that is a whole lot more fun than sitting behind a column to dart them with Acrid or something.

EDIT TL;DR: Yes Infested are easier since they're melee. No, it doesn't stop me from using the gun on other factions. 

In my eyes, all it really needs is a bit more range.

I don't want more range at all personally, as I said above. If anything, buff the damage and I'm a happy camper. More range and it stop being a pocket-Ignis that makes you consider what you're doing. 

When I built the Ignis (after I was done with Embolist) I was just baffled by the range. I could sit back and snipe packs of infested so easily I thought it was stupid awesome.  

Edited by Kinperor