Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Math require for Steel Path

ChaoticEdge

ok we all see that the Steel path pose to give 100% resources drop, 100% mod drops so by all means it doesn't mean it is consider 100% drop, so grabbing the math sheet here which thank you whoever blog this on warframe's wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Twilight053/Mod_Percentage_Drop_Rate

we need example mods which picking "High Noon" as I pick the brood mother chance drop for we see it as 0.03% of original drop for it to drop with steel path would be at 0.09% drop rate for rare mods for it seem better right? (not really) To farm them because of well if anyone started the steel path basically you need the infected orokin key and that is it.  Basically you could do defs mission it will increase drop rate if you hit certain spot it to farm much you can to farm 1 certain mod or either try temp to get pretty much felt like it back fired then again ppl say farm on lua or farm those specters which his is around 6% original but time that with that 100% chance rate drop pretty much 18% chance but in for claim in Lua the original say it's 1.29% so basically you got 3-4% chance getting the mod you want.

The question is "Is the Steel Path is rewarding?" some say yes and some say no because of the fact is really no for was it the waste of time to do this mission of the steel path in fact it hadn't even make a dent for just little scratch on the surfaces.  Its seem that I don't recommend players who isn't for the challenge and ppl who like to farm for better mods had been tricked but at least they can feel at ease because the small % of them did rise a bit to their tiny of the liking but doesn't really feel that as in "desire" amount in %.

So how do you feel about it this math issues did the DE did good job trying to satisfied the players or this stir unplease emotion about the steel path?  Leave your comment how did you feel about the drop rate souces are by the steel path of what your thought about 100% increase of mod drop rate or should it been more to it.

I’m neither here nor there about the resource/mod drop increase. I’m just looking forward to it because it’s something new to do. I think most people playing through this probably have most rare mods anyways. I think we’ll have a better idea of everything once it drops and we’ll see what it’s all about.

*edit* See it was released, so I guess we’ll see how it goes 🙂 

25 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

The Steel Path was always advertised from the very beginning as "not really about the rewards". 

If you gave yourself a false expectation that's on you. 

Not really, the rewards do matter for certain players who wanted stance mods who been "paying in plat" this certain amount doesn't budge the plat marketing but remain the same issues flowing around.  By looking at the marketing it hadn't drop ever sense with that high noon or other rare mod stance for I ask "why did DE do these things" for we got Lunaro a waste spot that no one plays, K-Drive a dead zone no one barely use it, Archwing missions a blew off gun in the face and got replace slowly by RJ, and what next had been forgotten oh right I almost forgot about "Dark Sector" and "Raid".  Ask yourself will Steel Path will be "Another thing just going be in the past" because if it is not rewarding for players and if players don't find it challenge then basically both ways had fail.  I did not make false expectation for I did the math some point for others.

As for that you expectation viewing others when your not viewing on the dev who is dumping on who, we expected that the game will be good on steel but apparently it was few other players disappointment.  This seem to be as not entirely the players are not please either way for they weren't please about how things started even the update.  It apparently we can get 100% drop resources by defs missions or other type missions but seeing it we expected to be more of "Balance" of chose for some ppl are disappointed.  We sometime have to view "why" or what reason and that conclude that steel path is another nutshell to put players back in "grinding" or "be achievement man".  I say "Neither of those will be your worth spending your time if it is not fun".

For what it’s worth, stance mods are cheap, like  sell some prime junk and buy a stance mod cheap. But like the guy said above, this was never touted to be a mode that was going to throw a bunch of rewards at you. It’s there for a challenge, for the players that wanted some harder content. 

20 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Fun is subjective. 

If you don't like it don't do it. 

If mastery is your thing, you enjoy doing it just for the high of that extra mastery. 

Just enjoy life and do you. 

Then you could say "gaming life is meaningless" the fact you want me hit you strong subject with words that is truthful.  Fine I'll give you one because the fact you can't get your head out the clouds.  Achieving in the game is meaningless for who will remember your achieving goals or the fruitful of the glory that you rain yourself with, it is meaningless even thou your friends come and go even you make a new.  It is meaningless if you had achieved with friends or no friends or with a strangers even to do the simple goal to redo everything even your empire will crumble for it be rubbish it becomes even the days you spent on the game will be forgotten.  How many games had been remember and forever for only few in hearts but had great games has limitation of that joy.  Joy is like in a bottle as the same thing as video games are once it is drank down you'll seek more video games for it is simple to say you'll just thirst more and more games to seek that satisfied taste in your thirst and so many time you may gone back the same bottle it will always remain empty in your heart.

The time being you will find games will always find meaningless once it is gone for it will become fruitless.  As this is how the dev make it so to be fruitless, then it become meaningless to farm a tree that has no fruit for it is better for it to die instead keep on living for it doesn't bare the seeds to spread for it grows as one giant tree waiting for it be cut down.  There is shame and there is regret for they are all there will wonder around waiting pounce to grief more of many failures.  As to be you dawdle time and time again for it is better for players to move on into another game and wait for the bottle get refilled and to the rightful taste again but will ever taste the same again?

It wasn't about the rewards in the first place, it's just a place to fight higher level enemies just as players have been asking about for years now. Seriously the requests for a starchart 2.0 and easier access to higher level enemies probably predate the addition of Phobos as a planet.

As for the value of the booster rewards the extra resources are as always worthless to anyone who has already finished most/all other content but will be nice for those who have yet to finish the large grinds like the Sibear or Hema. As well as offer more sane methods to get resources for extensive dojo decorating.

And the mod drop booster while also worthless to those who've already farmed everything there are a number of very rare drops that some may still be missing who are able to take on the mode. It will also make it easier to farm any new mods that get added to enemies in the future and then there is the entire realm of selling mods for plat.

But beyond that just being able to put our grossly overpowered builds against enemies that don't evaporate in the presence of a stiff breeze is the reward.

4 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Then you could say "gaming life is meaningless" the fact you want me hit you strong subject with words that is truthful.  Fine I'll give you one because the fact you can't get your head out the clouds.  Achieving in the game is meaningless for who will remember your achieving goals or the fruitful of the glory that you rain yourself with, it is meaningless even thou your friends come and go even you make a new.  It is meaningless if you had achieved with friends or no friends or with a strangers even to do the simple goal to redo everything even your empire will crumble for it be rubbish it becomes even the days you spent on the game will be forgotten.  How many games had been remember and forever for only few in hearts but had great games has limitation of that joy.  Joy is like in a bottle as the same thing as video games are once it is drank down you'll seek more video games for it is simple to say you'll just thirst more and more games to seek that satisfied taste in your thirst and so many time you may gone back the same bottle it will always remain empty in your heart.

The time being you will find games will always find meaningless once it is gone for it will become fruitless.  As this is how the dev make it so to be fruitless, then it become meaningless to farm a tree that has no fruit for it is better for it to die instead keep on living for it doesn't bare the seeds to spread for it grows as one giant tree waiting for it be cut down.  There is shame and there is regret for they are all there will wonder around waiting pounce to grief more of many failures.  As to be you dawdle time and time again for it is better for players to move on into another game and wait for the bottle get refilled and to the rightful taste again but will ever taste the same again?

I had to read this multiple times but I understand what you’re saying, somehow. And you’re more or less right in a sense. I also think you’re making this way more of a big deal than it is. And just to be clear because I feel like there is a little bit of a language barrier, I’m not trying to start an argument 😊

8 minutes ago, (PS4)goonie4good said:

I had to read this multiple times but I understand what you’re saying, somehow. And you’re more or less right in a sense. I also think you’re making this way more of a big deal than it is. And just to be clear because I feel like there is a little bit of a language barrier, I’m not trying to start an argument 😊

its a poet not a language barrier. It just that ppl aren't raise with wisdom for intelligent and wisdom are 2 side on single coin, wisdom cannot lived without intelligent and intelligent cannot lived without wisdom for if 1 lived without the other they will always will boast how great they are but sadly how greatly they fall alone.

2 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

its a poet not a language barrier. It just that ppl aren't raise with wisdom for intelligent and wisdom are 2 side on single coin, wisdom cannot lived without intelligent and intelligent cannot lived without wisdom for if 1 lived without the other they will always will boast how great they are but sadly how greatly they fall alone.

No no, I understood the meaning, the way it was written was a little disjointed and the grammar was throwing me off. 

Archived