Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the Bishamo armor...

Ceadeus

On 2020-07-09 at 6:57 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

I don't like to be a jerk, but are there any updates regarding this?

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I don't like to be a jerk, but are there any updates regarding this?

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)SilverSurferGuy said:

Yeah the female version looks a lot better. I was thinking more on line of adding more to the male version. Maybe add a little ring around the head piece and then add some drapes over the shoulders to look more like teshin. Maybe even add that ring at the back 

Yes please an update to this would be nice. The male version is utterly god awful and that is something shared across all our clan. We did our best to see who could make it look half decent but it really is off looking.

It's missing alot of the Teshin look...

The female version is bloody amazing a true master piece.

• Like 3

On 2020-07-10 at 5:31 PM, MasterBurik said:

They look like remeshes of existing content:

• The female set is a remesh of the female Dax that appears in the Erra quest cutscene.
  • The male set appears to be Isaah's "dressed down" Dax attire from The Sacrifice quest cutscenes.

I know lore has been somewhat tossed aside, but what does this choice mean when you consider that Dax ranks are primarily expressed via the eccentricity/aesthetics of their helmet?

We're looking at a hastily completed game mode with hastily completed rewards.

welcome to gaming where assets are reused as much as possible.   but the lore hasn't been tossed aside, here's why: if Isaah was a low ranking day and we have his armor and the female one is probably the female version of the same thing. Female Dax probably had a more stylized version of the armor than the men. so the female version that we see in the era cinematic is probably the same rank as Issah. And if you look at the sacrifice panting of umbra then we have to assume high ranking female Dax had much more stylized versions of their helmets. so male and females were probably judged differently as they had more stylized armor. just imagine how amazing a female Dax of umbras former rank must've looked considering how badass he was?

On 2020-07-11 at 1:26 PM, kwlingo said:

Can you guys do this to the chest plate on frames also? Most of my lady frames don't have a chest plate because it makes them looks to masculine. If you guys could make it so the chest armor curves with the females body, it would be awesome. Thank you in advance.

that's something that's probably not gonna happen. its only happening here because of the drastic difference in detail and armor aesthetic between the male and female bishamo armor. most if not all armor in game is pretty much based off of an excalibur and sized up or down and moved around a but depending on the frame but that's it. I don't think De is gonna make separate version of each armor with titty plates because of this one reason. also most chest plates usually sit on top of the boobs anyways with the exception of some really small or large ones. also fun fact: female armor historically was no different from male armor, kitty plates did not exist in traditional combat wear for females because it actually weakens the effective protection of the plate itself.

16 hours ago, (XBOX)SilverSurferGuy said:

Yeah the female version looks a lot better. I was thinking more on line of adding more to the male version. Maybe add a little ring around the head piece and then add some drapes over the shoulders to look more like teshin. Maybe even add that ring at the back 

The problem is that the female one looks like an "elite" dax look just like the one on Erra but the male is a like... In training armor like the one Isaah uses in the sacrifice. They should give males the Teshin and Umbra look with all those extra details

• Like 4

23 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

The problem is that the female one looks like an "elite" dax look just like the one on Erra but the male is a like... In training armor like the one Isaah uses in the sacrifice. They should give males the Teshin and Umbra look with all those extra details

I’m not disagreeing here. What I’m saying is instead of just porting over the female set onto the male version, maybe the male version can have his own thing; like what you’re suggesting with the umbra look. But by all means if you want a male Tenno to use the female version that’d be cool too

• Like 3

On 2020-07-10 at 1:57 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

For those Tenno that have already begun to walk The Steel Path, (looking at you @Ceadeus)  you may have seen the new Bishamo Armor Set in Teshin’s offerings. We see that people would like to mix and match between the male and female Operator sets, and we totally want that to happen.

We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!

Marcus can we grab an update?.

• Like 3

En 9/7/2020 a las 14:57, [DE]Marcus dijo:

Please don't forget this :c

• Like 3

On 2021-01-11 at 12:12 PM, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

that's something that's probably not gonna happen. its only happening here because of the drastic difference in detail and armor aesthetic between the male and female bishamo armor. most if not all armor in game is pretty much based off of an excalibur and sized up or down and moved around a but depending on the frame but that's it. I don't think De is gonna make separate version of each armor with titty plates because of this one reason. also most chest plates usually sit on top of the boobs anyways with the exception of some really small or large ones. also fun fact: female armor historically was no different from male armor, kitty plates did not exist in traditional combat wear for females because it actually weakens the effective protection of the plate itself.

I believe this is very achievable since there are mobile apps or programs that already allow this feature to allow object to be molded onto the a surface with the curvatures and textures. Not asking for added brass plats, just for the armor to mold onto each frame male/ female for more accurate armor aesthetics.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got proof!: 

zMldH4m.jpg

Please! I'm tired of changing my Operator Gender every time I want to use the Female version,
      I have to fiddle with my configuration and sliders from scratch every time I do. 
      Them are genderfluid by now, lol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2020-07-09 at 10:57 AM, [DE]Marcus said:

Please don't wait on this until the NEXT tennocon passes.

• Like 3

On 2020-07-09 at 8:03 PM, Pendragon1951 said:

Not to worry about time Marcus since steel essence falls about as frequently as snow in the Sahara and besides that myself and maybe others may not even be playing this mode due to the meh rewards and the time you have to invest to get things you pretty much after 8 years of playing already have in abundance. 

Have to agree on this. Steel Essence is why one would go to Steel Path but it is being dripfed rather than dropped... what's the point then?