Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Accuracy Changes To Mods

RazerSnek

Do you have Heavy Caliber or Magnum Force on your favorite weapons? 

Well i do!

They are both really high ranked, i didn't max them out because i heard they wanted to change them a while ago so i didn't invest everything into them.

My acrid having 180% multishot becomes useless when paired with a high rank Magnum force.
Unless i were to shoot enemies with it from Ignis range it will always piss and the procs from multi-shot miss and only 1 hits anyways. So that right there missed me off and im sure there are others who feel this.

Same thing with Heavy Caliber on rifles they spazz out from shooting. I mainly use it on my flux rifle which near the end of its reach it become quite inaccurate. 

Yes i know we dont have to use it but we already became used to using them

i was going to provide how -24% accuracy on an acird looks like its -240% on a video but sadly i have don't have the time right now.

Maybe one of you guys can provide some feedback instead of telling me to complain and to suck it up.

If i don't like it and if i think it acts ridiculous its my job to say whats on my mind so dont sit there and disagree if you didn't do the same thing ( using listed mods on your favorite guns which previously were great with them )

I was fine if it was kept to recoil but since its - accuracy that bites.. :/

So it is pretty normal that the next update after something comes out is a balance pass.

A bunch of mods came out that were pretty clearly OP and were supposed to have a clear up-side and a clear down-side meaning equipping those mods had to be a situational choice.

A few of these mods it was immediately clear had broken downsides.  So you maxed them out utilizing the OP upside that had no down side and didn't expect an incoming nerf?

The choice to use the corrupted mods was supposed to have a give and take, and a give and take that was relevant.  Basically they fixed the glitch.

Once I've heard about this increased spread thing, I was hesitant on putting ANY cores on the mods.

I'm just curious as to how it works on the Ignis/Embolist, since their spread is already pretty darn high. Maybe also on the Flux Rifle.

Fixed the glitch, put in a nerf what ever you want to call it, its too much of a nerf to the point it makes multi shot for bullet & projectile weapons useless since 2 out of the 3 shots will almost always miss, while my acrids accuracy was only reduced by the 24% but once again it acts way above that. im wondering if that is a bug itself because i dont think that is how my gun is supposed to act .-.

I just saw another post which said it seems to be a side effect but for weapons even without the - accuracy mods. 

So guns became already inaccurate and now that these mods are in place it just makes the whole situation alot worse.

I see that this post will be frozen since im posting about a bug that was magnified by the Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force

If i do find out it was intended then i will remain and continue with my complaint of the insane inaccuracy.

There are ways to circumvent the horrible accuracy.

-Use Bullet Attractor. Can't really use it against every enemy, I guess.

-Use Vortex and go up and spray.

-Go up close and spray.

-Don't max it completely. Upgrade to a rank which you feel the damage/accuracy is at a desired balance.

-Use Ignis/Embolist, they have 0 accuracy needs anyway.

-Don't use the mod. It is said that the corrupted mods don't affect elemental damage mods anyway, so you can easily replace it on any weapon that doesn't use ap or physics impact damage, however, I can't confirm this.

Edited by Stygi

The flux is out DPS'd by the Soma. A clan weapon, which takes a lot of effort to obtain is out DPS'd by a much easier to get weapon. So what if the flux had synergy with a mod that is very expensive to level up? Lots of effort to level the mod, research/build the flux should have some reward.

The flux is out DPS'd by the Soma. A clan weapon, which takes a lot of effort to obtain is out DPS'd by a much easier to get weapon. So what if the flux had synergy with a mod that is very expensive to level up? Lots of effort to level the mod, research/build the flux should have some reward.

So the Synapse should be better than Flux and have a mod that makes electrical damage ignore armor? I think not.

Do you have Heavy Caliber or Magnum Force on your favorite weapons? 

Well i do!

They are both really high ranked, i didn't max them out because i heard they wanted to change them a while ago so i didn't invest everything into them.

My acrid having 180% multishot becomes useless when paired with a high rank Magnum force.

Unless i were to shoot enemies with it from Ignis range it will always &!$$ and the procs from multi-shot miss and only 1 hits anyways. So that right there missed me off and im sure there are others who feel this.

Same thing with Heavy Caliber on rifles they spazz out from shooting. I mainly use it on my flux rifle which near the end of its reach it become quite inaccurate. 

Yes i know we dont have to use it but we already became used to using them

i was going to provide how -24% accuracy on an acird looks like its -240% on a video but sadly i have don't have the time right now.

Maybe one of you guys can provide some feedback instead of telling me to complain and to suck it up.

If i don't like it and if i think it acts ridiculous its my job to say whats on my mind so dont sit there and disagree if you didn't do the same thing ( using listed mods on your favorite guns which previously were great with them )

I was fine if it was kept to recoil but since its - accuracy that bites.. :/

DE tends to make "early adopters" suffer the blunt of the blow and since they put in their EULA something along the lines of 'we can change things as we please' we can't do much about it. Heavy Caliber is fun for some weapons but it's a kick in the face for the others.

So the Synapse should be better than Flux and have a mod that makes electrical damage ignore armor? I think not.

Not what I said. Effort should be rewarded, a concept almost completely lacking in this game. As for the synapse, I don't have it as most of the my clan are not playing, or not ready to put the effort into farming the amount of mutagen needed for the research.

Edited by afmos