Is the "Sun" in Warframe even a star?

I've been inclined to think that our current sun was used or destroyed by the orokin and left in their place some kind of replacement that isn't the sun anymore but performs same functions. I'm sure we will be able to link more dots when we can understand (or at least have more info of) the void on duviri paradox, maybe not literal but understanding how it's that dimension (we just know orokin towers but not the void itself). We know that the void is another whole dimmension, but we don't exactly know how we interact with it and why affected us like it did. Or maybe we will get nothing but more questions regarding the topic

6 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Every mission node on the planet has ice. That's enough to say it's all over the planet.

Its not actually, if you are able to see the skybox outside the Valis, is an orange hellish place.

The Valis is in the "eye of the storm". Its safe to assume the places we attack are the same.

I dont think missions in the non-iced area are possible without the Railjack.

uztYcAk.jpg

• Like 2

Hopefully they don't do anything with it.

I was just thinking that the gravity isn't represented on several planets, they aren't all the same as earth, and the sun doesn't just have destructive heat, but destructive gravity.

I could see them making some content for the sun, specifically for the operator, since they astral project, and there's artificial gravity and magic in the game, so they could totally pull something off, but I don't think its attractive lore wise. Space should have threats, stars are one of them. 

Edited by BahamutKaiser
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Splotim said:

I think that the sun in warframe got all it’s energy used up by solar panels so it doesn’t shine as brightly anymore

this..makes absolutely no sense at the barest minimal level.

• Like 2

Plucked from the wiki:

Hidden and entrenched in the mountainous peaks of Venus, the Corpus practice their industrious craft. The superstructures built here are a testament to the inventive Corpus engineers that have settled in regions where lingering Orokin technologies still moderates surface temperatures. -Venus fragment

It's pretty clear that the ice on Venus is due to Orokin terraforming structures, which aren't limited to the Orb Vallis. On some of the open air portion of the corpus tilesets on Venus you can even see the Orokin towers in the distance.

As for whether or not the Warframe solar system is our solar system, I'd say there's strong evidence that they're the same. People have already mentioned that the continents on Earth are the same, and some of the missions have telling names such as Eurasia, Pacific, Everest, etc. The mission "Mariana" is especially telling because it uses the Grineer underwater tileset despite not being on Uranus, which is an obvious reference to the Mariana Trench. The rest of planets also share striking similarities to their real life counterparts, albeit not as obvious as Earth.

Honestly, the Warframe solar system being our solar system is one of my favorite things about the Warframe lore. It makes the game's sci-fi setting feel more grounded than if the universe was entirely made up. It's a future where the Orokin decided to play god and modified an otherwise sterile solar system (besides Earth) with genetically modified organisms and artificial atmospheres, creating alien yet familiar environments for us to explore. Given a few thousand more years, it's not far-fetched to think that humanity will start doing the same.

• Like 3

In fact, the sun actually looks BRIGHTER in the Plains of Eidolon and Cetus, and less bright on the starchart.

Scientifically speaking, this is HIGHLY indicative of a Dyson Swarm around the sun. The mirrors of the swarm are pointed towards earth. So from Earth's perspective, the sun looks bigger/brighter than normal, because the mirrors are reflecting the BACKSIDE of the sun to us as well as the front side. On the starchart, since the mirrors are possibly pointed away from the direction we are looking at it.

Given the Orokin's Domination on the whole Origin System, Its possible that we are in a Type II Civilisation. So the possibility of a Dyson Swarm around the sun is not unlikely.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

In fact, the sun actually looks BRIGHTER in the Plains of Eidolon and Cetus, and less bright on the starchart.

Scientifically speaking, this is HIGHLY indicative of a Dyson Swarm around the sun. The mirrors of the swarm are pointed towards earth. So from Earth's perspective, the sun looks bigger/brighter than normal, because the mirrors are reflecting the BACKSIDE of the sun to us as well as the front side. On the starchart, since the mirrors are possibly pointed away from the direction we are looking at it.

Given the Orokin's Domination on the whole Origin System, Its possible that we are in a Type II Civilisation. So the possibility of a Dyson Swarm around the sun is not unlikely.

There is also an Orokin device orbiting Venus that provides heat to the overly cooled surface. You can see in the sky from the Valis, and also from the Orbiter while on Venus. There is a second sun.

4 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

There is also an Orokin device orbiting Venus that provides heat to the overly cooled surface. You can see in the sky from the Valis, and also from the Orbiter while on Venus. There is a second sun.

Yeah, Venus being the hottest planet in our solar system and all, that totally makes sense that a patch of Venus ground needs more heat!

I'm not disputing what you said, I just think it's funny! It's also partly why I suspect that the Sun has a lovely snowy surface too... with cute little fauna to catch/conserve to boot!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus

15 hours ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Its not to heat the place, its to illuminate. Should the Valis every be in the dark side of Venus, it would be in the dark for over 200 days.

• Like 1
Il y a 7 heures, Kaotyke a dit :

Its not to heat the place, its to illuminate. Should the Valis every be in the dark side of Venus, it would be in the dark for over 200 days.

Isn't venus tidally locked due to its close proximity to the sun?

Fortuna being in the dark side of venus can be a valid reason why it is so frozen and cold, and assuming that the vallis is in the eye of a hurricane.

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Fortuna being in the dark side of venus can be a valid reason why it is so frozen and cold, and assuming that the vallis is in the eye of a hurricane.

Not quite, it just has an extremely slow rotation relative to its orbital velocity.

The reflector is both for illumination and for periodically heating the region. After the collapse the coolant towers were left running unattended for so long that by the time the current colonisation attempts began, the Vallis was a completely frozen wasteland, and thus needed to be thawed before it could be made habitable. I imagine the irony of the situation is not lost on most of us.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Aadi880 said:

What Corvid said above.

The only planet in our system that is tidally locked is Mercury.