Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Neoriek

Well, i guess that Steel Path delivered what did promised.

Recommended Posts

So, Steel Path dropped recently, and i guess that some people forgot that they are basically a modifier to enemies to raise their level 100+. I don't know if the same group that is criticizing Steel Path is the same that was asking for it (I wish they aren't), anyway, I would say that i really like this update since i consider that it was something we had to have for a lot of time. 

Would i play it more? i don't really know. I just keep sticking to sorties and 1 or 3 survival/defense arbitrations 1 or 2 days in a week. But i consider it a good step, and i kudos for the developers of bringing it to the table.

Futhermore, i would like to tell to the people that are looking for "challenging enemies" and just keep spamming this update as "boring" and "content island", that the only thing that you would get are 100 lvl mores to your grineer bullet sponges, 5000 endo, and a ephemera.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neoriek said:

I don't know if the same group that is criticizing Steel Path is the same that was asking for it

Most likely, they are.

 

Called it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, o0Despair0o said:

Most likely, they are.

I'm starting to remember a rant that Mr.Trainman did that he mentioned that players don't really know what they want. The will just say "Moar rewards", "Harder Enemies", i guess that is probably right.

Edited by Neoriek
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Most likely, they are. Called it.

Nope, I've been asking for something like Steel Path for years, and I love it.

I see more critics of Steel Path that seem to be inexperienced and/or undergeared. It is a long overdue gear and build check.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It is a long overdue gear and build check.

it's not even that much of a gear check, i've been oneshotting everything so far. 

______________________

 

as for the people complaining, i've only seen people (in game at least) complain that they made it easier which is true and that the steel essence drop rate is abysmal which is also true.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To his credit, Brozimes video that came out today was level headed, and his suggestions for improvement I see no issues at all with and believe they should get a fair shake in internal discussions at DE. 

Now It's probably no secret that I am critical of content creators, but I will treat their content on a case by case basis as is appropriate. I'll link the video below.

It's like night and day vs his Xoris video I think I am going to nickname him Janus at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this game cannot do difficult imo. at this point i honestly think we need a new game engine for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still ppl will always criticizing steel path no matter what because it really sux for I ask "why did they put the relic pack in the rewards that cost 15?"

Spoiler

 

At least someone notice about the relic pack could easily spent on syndicates or other place that let you spend it.

 

2 minutes ago, Neoriek said:

I'm starting to remember a rant that Mr.Trainman did that he mentioned that players don't really know what they want. The will just say "Moar rewards", "Harder Enemies", i guess that is probably right.

It is true but we really can't visualized what we want for sometime few ppl visualized as in not doing everything all over and force to fight lvl 100s for you to do the mission in earth and force it down in the throat to start steel path in the start of the beginning when we really wanted to go all the bosses and skip the annoying missions that it presented but pretty much I guess no one wanted poke at it that say anything about it for it happen to be oppsite of terms for hoping big giant fat rewards that pose to be eased the drop rate of mods but most part got buck shot down.

1 minute ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Nope, I've been asking for something like Steel Path for years, and I love it.

I see more critics of Steel Path that seem to be inexperienced and/or undergeared. It is a long overdue gear and build check.

That part isn't really true, I was happy to meet it but it turns out in long conversation with the steel path pretty much you been lock down in a spot on earth where you cannot do freely choose a mission like for example going directly going towards assassination mission but your force to pick a side in the start of the beginning of the mission where you 1st come towards for where every noobs was in.  It just that we miss our old weapons before they got nerf *looking my sturn wraith* it was good time it was but I dunno DE is going "let weapons get rebuff or not" to make it steel path fair.  Then again with the issues developed it wasn't the undergear fault for players are ready which meeting lots Syran/prime players already mopping the floor with in seconds for it just due of players well the obvious reason is the steel path is bland.  It is a nutshell just add another nutshell's lair on top of it just grind it down the same time ever before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only thing it needs is better loot. So far there will be zero point in running it after doing it all once. The new Steel Path currency barely drops. 

After finishing Earth and most of Lua I've seen 1 single drop from an eximus, so I currently have 3. Things cost around 15, so even if we can buy Kuva it will not be worth it to run Steel Path and enjoying whatever planet we want over running Kuva fortress over and over.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having played a bit around Earth, I gotta say, this thing's a joke. Not only is it incredibly easy (literally felt no difference between steel path and normal mode), but it is also incredibly boring. It's a mode designed to showcase the worst this game has to offer. I see no point in playing more than I already did cause there's nothing there. No fun, no rewards, no difficulty, no nothing. I'll go back to wiping ESO maps, that's way more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that matters is the % of players who actually spend time there consistantly.  Are the developers wasting their time catering to a small group of players ?? 

Just be honest, if these "hardcore players" wanted a challenge all they had to do was take off their mods.  Self impose the challenge but does anyone do that??? Hell no.  So do they really want to be challenged??? Hell no....  

-------------

I'd like better SQUAD mechanics,  things that encourage people to work together without having to talk.

I would Dynasty Warriors this game lol...  see how many enemies you can cram on the screen at once, screw weapon/particle fx.   Just give me an ocean of enemies to cleave through. 

ESO - up the spawn rate,  nerf the hell out of the timer decay rate.  Make it non meta friendly.  

Fissures need revamped so you can run with randoms but still get 4 shots at a relic of ur choosing.  

RJ needs a permission system....  

OV/PoE need more touch ups

LOTS of other things for the devs to be doing than screw with hard mode,  that wont get used that much I bet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

The only thing it needs is better loot. So far there will be zero point in running it after doing it all once. The new Steel Path currency barely drops. 

After finishing Earth and most of Lua I've seen 1 single drop from an eximus, so I currently have 3. Things cost around 15, so even if we can buy Kuva it will not be worth it to run Steel Path and enjoying whatever planet we want over running Kuva fortress over and over.

That I agreed on.

Yet I find it nutshell trying be extra liars of nutshell for it is been hellish pointelss to be but seeingly rewards seem to be zero why not throw in nekro in it see any drops is allowed to be drop in.  Then again it is another waste of time temp to see will that eximus drop it any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The only thing it needs is better loot. So far there will be zero point in running it after doing it all once. The new Steel Path currency barely drops. 

After finishing Earth and most of Lua I've seen 1 single drop from an eximus, so I currently have 3. Things cost around 15, so even if we can buy Kuva it will not be worth it to run Steel Path and enjoying whatever planet we want over running Kuva fortress over and over.

and 85 steel essence for the armor set........ OMEGALUL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talinthis said:

and 85 steel essence for the armor set........ OMEGALUL

85? you mean 60?  for there is the head, body, arm and legs pretty much it is 15 per each of them that is time by 4 which your pose to get 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

85? you mean 60?  for there is the head, body, arm and legs pretty much it is 15 per each of them that is time by 4 which your pose to get 60.

It is not 15 per piece, it is between 15 and 25 for BP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phoenix1992 said:

It is not 15 per piece, it is between 15 and 25 for BP.

...r u *censorship* kidding me?  Why did DE think it was wise to think making bp adding another additional it is 25 time by 4 its flipping 100 adding the total of 60 = 160 steel essence.

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

...r u *censorship* kidding me?  Why did DE think it was wise to think making bp adding another additional it is 25 time by 4 its flipping 100 adding the total of 60 = 160 steel essence.

tenor.gif

yeah only one piece is 15, one at 20, and two at 25

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Talinthis said:

yeah only one piece is 15, one at 20, and two at 25

correcting number it is 145...close enough but...

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

...r u *censorship* kidding me?  Why did DE think it was wise to think making bp adding another additional it is 25 time by 4 its flipping 100 adding the total of 60 = 160 steel essence.

tenor.gif

I find it hard to not be harsh on DE, but this update is a mockery of promise and delivery for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I find it hard to not be harsh on DE, but this update is a mockery of promise and delivery for me.

same here for I am

Spoiler

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

by DE

Edited by ChaoticEdge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Just be honest, if these "hardcore players" wanted a challenge all they had to do was take off their mods.  Self impose the challenge but does anyone do that??? Hell no.  So do they really want to be challenged??? Hell no....  

Why does the responsibility of creating challenging and engaging play fall on the player? What other games require you to gimp yourself for a challenge?

I want a challenge but don't feel that purposely gimping myself is an adequate solution. If I wanted a real challenge I guess I could put my key board and mouse on the floor and play with my toes. That makes about as much sense as running with no mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

To his credit, Brozimes video that came out today was level headed, and his suggestions for improvement I see no issues at all with and believe they should get a fair shake in internal discussions at DE. 

Now It's probably no secret that I am critical of content creators, but I will treat their content on a case by case basis as is appropriate. I'll link the video below.

It's like night and day vs his Xoris video I think I am going to nickname him Janus at this point.


Brozime is actually one of the most level-headed content creators that criticize the game. In a very good way I must add. His propositions are also nice.
Hope we get some changes to the Steel Path but overall, it's pretty decent NG+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, darkhades2012 said:


Brozime is actually one of the most level-headed content creators that criticize the game. In a very good way I must add. His propositions are also nice.
Hope we get some changes to the Steel Path but overall, it's pretty decent NG+.

For the most part I will agree. The caveat being when something directly affects him on a personal level or someone criticizes or gives Rebecca crap then he goes nuclear. But I'll save my psychological profiling for another day. In this instance yes, his critique was quite good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I find it hard to not be harsh on DE, but this update is a mockery of promise and delivery for me.

Is kind of hard to offer some rewards that don't resolve around Riven RNG, Cosmetics (Like the operator set we are getting) and Weapons (Probatly a reskin). What could they offer?  Forma? They can't, that hurt the gains, Boosters too. They can't really offer much when it comes to rewards if they are not big updates (Which Steel Path isn't),

then you get the problem that you have to set "how much the playerbase are going to spend getting all of this". They just choose the easy path of making the operator set a grind fiesta to  mantain players interested in the mode. A stance forma and a relic pack to fill spaces. Why would it be a mockery?  is the thing that we wanted, more bullet sponges with 100+ level to feel "challenged".

The game has been flawed for a long time. Because the game is focused in resource holding and lack of RNG, and the looters shooters should never have any of this, because when you have it. You can't really offer anything to the "vets" because they have everything (a lot of resources) so you can't reward them with resources, and you don't have enough RNG to make them use those resources. You can't strip those players of they "precious resources" since they will just start to cry and make a scene. So the reward pool is kind of problematic.

The AI is another problem, you can make a better IA, but that cost too much and you would need to break a lot of stuff in the base game. The easiest way of make them strong right now is giving them more damage and tankyness, which isn't really making them more challenging but is something i guess. 

There are some ways to make the game more challenging, but they are kind of hard to implement since the system just give players so much oneshot potential and strength that every stuff that you implement is gonna get oneshotted and ignored (except when they have invisiblity phase, which is a really awful mechanic). Because of how the core is designed, you just get a ton of ideas that get abandoned (Parazon Finishers, enemies with shields, nullfiers) because the game itself have so many core problems, and changing them would just make warframe another game for the playerbase (more cry and etc).

Edited by Neoriek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...