Well, i guess that Steel Path delivered what did promised.

1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Why does the responsibility of creating challenging and engaging play fall on the player? What other games require you to gimp yourself for a challenge?

I want a challenge but don't feel that purposely gimping myself is an adequate solution. If I wanted a real challenge I guess I could put my key board and mouse on the floor and play with my toes. That makes about as much sense as running with no mods.

Pretty much every other game has the exact same discussion. I'm currently following the exact same discussion on the Elite Dangerous forum about some sweaty try-hards whining there is no more challenge only because they cheese everything and then blame the developer. 

My personal theory is that people dont actually want challenge, they just want to say they do so they can then berate people as being inferior at the game and thus stroking their own fragile ego's. 

I mean people who whine they want more challenges are obvious virgins who live in their mothers basement and can only enact the facade of being an alpha male on a game forum. But hey what do I know, I play games for fun... 

Edited by Crasharr
Insecurity
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Berzerkules said:

Why does the responsibility of creating challenging and engaging play fall on the player? What other games require you to gimp yourself for a challenge?

I want a challenge but don't feel that purposely gimping myself is an adequate solution. If I wanted a real challenge I guess I could put my key board and mouse on the floor and play with my toes. That makes about as much sense as running with no mods.

Well you wanted "difficulty" here it is. If it isn't to your liking, what else can you do? not like they are going to put a lot of effort into something an insignificant part of the playerbase wants.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

In soulsborne games people challenge themselves when they find a regular run to easy.