[DE]Megan

The Steel Path: Hotfix 28.1.1

Still not fixed: Grineer responding to Corpus cameras and turrets in Kuva Lich Controlled missions.  This also happens in many missions where one faction has taken over the node from another.

Should be a way to remove turrets and cameras (or arc traps and grineer security,) based on who controls the node during the mission. if you can't make the factions ignore them. 

Either that or have the Corpus turrets shot at the Grineer, and the Grineer arc traps zap the Corpus...

• Like 1

On 2020-07-09 at 10:48 PM, Voltage said:

Steel Essence chance. Apparently 2% is the drop chance.

Oh.....yet another abysmal low chance... well then.

• Like 1

Venari can no longer be customized, no ephemera no emblems, is this a bug or intended ?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Steel Path Honors

Example: Uranus /Assur  in Solo Inaros (Steel charge) ;(Arcanes-Strike,Fury)+ some good melee weapon +1 Smeta kavat+2 boosters +1 Spect. Nekros on build on 3  and play arond 40 min 

All 18 Planets

11-1.png

Edited by BDT_Flames

On 2020-07-09 at 10:48 PM, --Q--FSK41 said:

Pls keep or higher the modifiers for hardmode

I'd downvote you if I could. Stupidly strong bullet sponge enemies are not fun. I'd rather see somewhat stonger enemies who are difficult to deal with in other ways. Ie. give them better AI, make them flank the player, and use the special units like nullifiers and shields against the player in some way. Heck, give them weapons that function differently.

• Like 7

"Press a button to get up from knockdown"..

Rly? If id shake my head any more id have a seizure.. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BDT_Flames said:

The Steel Path Honors

Example: Uranus /Assur  in Solo Inaros (Steel charge) ;(Arcanes-Strike,Fury)+ some good melee weapon +1 Smeta kavat+2 boosters +1 Spect. Nekros on build on 3  and play arond 40 min 

All 16 Planets

1.png

Get back out there Tenno, your're not finished yet. You are missing two to finish the set. 😉 

Posted (edited)

Who 2  Planets Derelict or Dojo no detect   ya isee Mercury  and Derelict is missing 

Edited by BDT_Flames

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, BDT_Flames said:

Who 2  Planets Derelict or Dojo no detect

This player ArxMeta is missing only one the Moon, you're missing the Derelict and the Moon.

9ubledjrwga51.jpg

Edited by Slayer-.
typo

Posted (edited)

Lua is here  see  do blue coin

YA ty  i miss Capture mission now give new planet (total 18)

Edited by BDT_Flames

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BDT_Flames said:

Lua is here  see  do blue coin

YA ty  i miss Capture mission now give new planet (total 18)

Oh ok the blue coin is Lua, damn I was hoping it would be the actual thing not some silly coin.

Edit:
I see you updated your post to reflect the rest of the Sculptures. 🙂 

Edited by Slayer-.

Posted (edited)

no idiot see  to  blue coin have planet Lua go refresh page and see  new image omg 

Edited by BDT_Flames

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BDT_Flames said:

no idiot see  to  blue coin have planet Lua

I see the moon now once I turned up the mode of the monitor.

Apart from the Derelict what was the other one you missed.

Edit: Was it Mercury? that one in the front.

Edited by Slayer-.

Am 9.7.2020 um 21:51 schrieb PookieNumnums:

when are you going to fix khoras deluxe bloated belly though?

In 9. months it will fix itself.

• Like 4

Am 9.7.2020 um 21:48 schrieb Dark_Lugia:

Are there any plans to update the waypoint system?
It's a hell of a buggy mess. That's an issue for far longer than a year.

And it's getting worse and worse, even on new tilesets....
Waypoints are all over the place, but rarely on the doors at the end of the said tileset;

Been trying to point that out for quite soem time now. Moving waypoints just don't work. They should mark the goal and that's it. That worked like a charm.
-----------------

And... Get rid of Autoexposure, DE.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

can you pls remove this "enhanced detail" makes the skin look so badpo5Hz8LJjpoRCoBxFj

Edited by technozorro
  • Like 1

On 2020-07-10 at 7:51 AM, HipofBabylon said:

Still no word on a buff to the drop chance of steel essence? Lol 85 needed for this armor and u get like 1 every 50 eximus? 

Edit: after doing the math... with a 2% drop rate, it takes more than 200 eximus to nearly guarantee(99%) 1 drops. You need 15 for a relic pack. That means I have to kill 3000 eximus to get a relic pack. Who. Made. These. Drop. Chances. 

Dude your math skills suck...

That average number of eximus kills someone needs for 15 at a 2% drop rate is 733 kills not 3000.

Warning! Danger! Loot cat and bonus loot Frames work on Eximus units dropping additional Steel Essence! Fix please! 😄

3 hours ago, PoistyNZ said:

That average number of eximus kills someone needs for 15 at a 2% drop rate is 733 kills not 3000.

Drop chance = 1-(1-instance drop chance)^instances.  For Steel Essence this is 1-(1-0.02)^n where n=number of eximus kills.

Thus:

50% of people get a drop after 35 kills

90% of people get a drop after 114 kills

99% of people get a drop after 228 kills

99.9% of people get a drop after 342 kills

The problem we then run into is accumulating these drops.  How exactly are you getting to your 733 number.  Well, I'd conjecture bad math.  The chance you get the required 15 drops is basically (chance of getting an individual drop)^number of required drops.  Using the above, if 50% of people got 1 drop after 35 kills then 50%^2 or 25% will get 2 drops after 70 kills.  Let's extend the math.

So our actual likelihood of a person killing 15 eximus units and getting 15 drops is 3.2768*10^-24%.  Effectively, this is winning the lottery multiple weeks in a row levels of chance.

1% of people will get 15 drops in 990 eximus unit kills.  That's 66 eximus units per drop 15 times.

50% of people will get 15 drops in 2310 eximus unit kills.  That's 154 kills per drop at 15 times.

99% of people will get 15 drops in 5430 eximus unit kills.  That's 362 kills per drop at 15 times.

99.9% of people will get 15 drops in 7245 eximus unit kills.  That's 483 kills per drop at 15 times.

So let's talk about bad math.  85 steel essence for the unique cosmetics.  36 awarded as a guarantee for clearing planets.  (85-36)/2 = 49/2 = 25 required drops at 2 units per drop.  Now, let's flash through the math here, and discover how long it's expected to play to get the one unique reward for this game mode.

1% of players get the 25 drops after 2225 eximus kills.

50% of players get the 25 drops after 4475 eximus kills.

99% of players get the 25 drops after 9700 eximus kills.

99.9% of players get the 25 drops after 12550 eximus kills.

We'll assume that you can get 1 eximus unit to spawn per minute.  That's 60 per hour.  That means 50% of people play the game mode for 74 hours and 35 minutes, 99% play for 161 hours and 40 minutes, and 99.9% of players will get the drops after 209 hours and 10 minutes.

So here's the scoop once all of this is said and done, the game mode sucks at rewarding players.  This is a mobile game/EA's FIFA/insulting levels of disrespectful to our time.

Let's setup the last couple of years, and discuss. 

PoE was introduced and its goofiness was the random spawn of cetus wisps on the plains combined, the requirement for sentient cores, and fishing.  The former was RNG spawning.  The cores required grind for a basic upgrade, then grind for components to form an amp, to better grind the eidolons for an easier grind to get the best amp.  The fishing was literally grind status, buy blue print, fish for item, break it down, grind for more status, buy another blue print, craft new bait, and finally catch what you wanted in the first place.  This was about a 6 on the grind scale, but was eventually decreased to a 4 with the inclusion of thumpers.  I can't go lower on the scale because the thumpers also introduced the Korrudo.

Now....fortuna.  What a mess.  Initial grind for rep was alright.  The issue was that half of the content was missing.  Eventually the toroids could be reasonably farmed for, two of the three orb mother fights released.  The exploiter orb offered a way to collect the fishing resources.  Yeah, it was about a 7 on the reputation and resource grind (anyone remember moas costing 2 million credits?), that settled into an incomplete 5.  It's still a problem to get certain materials, as the lack of public reason to face the exploiter orb makes things messy.  That's not even accounting for the huge number of arcanes that require 210000 standing to max out.

Railjack and Liches.  Let's call them an 8.  Huge resource and time sink on rising tide, that was eventually refunded.  Liches required grinding missions to get relics, grinding traces, getting requiem mods, slaughtering an army of thralls who are spawn capped to missions, and then running a loot box to determine if you've ordered the mods correctly to get a kill.  Never mind the random ephemera generation and RNG bonuses associated with the weapons.  Yeah, a solid 8/10 on the grind index.

Scarlet Spear.  9/10 grind.  Literally the same mission for a month to get standing, that required multiple runs for arcanes which then required 21 of them to max.  It was a miserable situation, compounded by the limitations on earnings per instance and 100 murex kills ending the mission for everyone.  The only saving grace that I saw was this event had a long duration and allowed for a ton of intrinsics to be farmed.

Steel Essence.  10/10 grind.  Drop rate is low.  Enemies reversed the shield gating fixes, to be gigantic punching bags.  Drop requirements for any rewards are surprisingly high.  "Guaranteed" drops on eidolons exist, but you apparently cannot get any drops until earth is 100% done based on some reporting.  Potential rewards require more time to earn (10k kuva and 3 random relics) than any other game mode.  

If it isn't clear, the last three years have been us frogs slowly getting boiled. Before it was "we learned our lessons."  Well, the Hema is still expensive.  The Sibear is still a joke.  Xiphos is still a sub 1% part drop on the third cache for a mission.  Blazing Step is now purchasable, even if the Braton Vandal isn't.  Railjack proved that you can refund us the stupidly high expenses, but just don't want to.  It's time to draw the line in the sand.

The former partners are selling this game mode as a fast level grind.  Isn't that the purpose of ESO?

The purpose of this game mode was to stop people from displaying content in the simulacrum...but item 1 for this was to find the cheese so that we could complete this game mode for the paltry rewards.

I'm making this call to DE now, so they get it.  Fortuna sucked, and the content drought hurt you as much as us.  Liches and Railjack were a broken release, that have tainted perception of you.  We'll forgive you, but you need to stop releasing garbage and claiming that you'll fix it later.  This is a garbage release to fix the perception that the simulacrum is a huge part of the game.  It doesn't fix it, when the result is people displaying the bits of the game that are broken enough to cope with a broken level scale.  Please, let's get a good release this year, that we don't later have to say is "good once it was patched."  Your steel path is moving backwards, rewarding poorly, and not delivering on the goal of making people display content outside of the simulacrum.  I don't know how better to sum things up without simply releasing a torrent of bile at all of the progress you've lost in the pursuit of open worlds instead of the game you sold us on 7+ years ago.

• Like 7

Am 13.7.2020 um 14:18 schrieb Bathynomus:

I'd downvote you if I could. Stupidly strong bullet sponge enemies are not fun. I'd rather see somewhat stonger enemies who are difficult to deal with in other ways. Ie. give them better AI, make them flank the player, and use the special units like nullifiers and shields against the player in some way. Heck, give them weapons that function differently.

who cares if all enemies are nullifiers if I can slash trough enemies with any melee using inaros at level 1000 lol ,AI and other tactics are useless if they are one hit

9 hours ago, PoistyNZ said:

Explain your math please lol
There's a 98% chance that it won't happen per instance of kill. So you put 0.98^200 and u you get 0.01. Meaning that after 228 eximus kills there is a 1 percent chance that you do not get the SE. 
733/15 is about 49. At 49 kills theres a 37% chance you do not get it. Where is your math

NOTE 1: DE pls pls fix the rewards for steel path.... something even remotely usefull would do wonders! you promised us a new umbra forma source and this was ur chance, it could be tenshin reward item or even a reward for full steel path completion. alot of us are locked out of fortuna content because we are to busy with real life to grind under a 2-3 month timer. but if we can grind at our own pace for even just 1 itd be great. and you guys have lots of timed co.tent like that u can add to tenshin rewards shop to make it worth the time... even if those are 1 buy per customer itd still make an immense diference for many of us. everyone is begging for it, everyone is clearly upset with the reward options. please fix it.

NOTE 2: while i love the idea of steel path i think it wasnt implemented well... simply making bullet sponges more spongy is just in bad taste. may i suggest instead making diferent steel path enemy groups immune to powers, or melee or primary or secondary etc instead? it would be a fairly simple way to add more variety and strategy for more players. as it is most veteran players have that one thing (Cough saryn cough cough) such as a power or melee weapon or primary etc that they beefed up to cheese through all sponges. if you force players to change weapon types completely (not just element type or resistances but immunity to a whole category) itd add much needed challenges without simply making pure bullet sponges