Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Hotfix 28.1.1

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Gaz_TTV said:

Hopping into steel path today! Wonder how many planets I'll clear till getting bored

I know what you mean. I didn't even get through Earth. Just feels like a bullet sponge mode.

1 hour ago, --Fart_In_The_Wind-- said:

Did you just skipped derelict decoration reward or i need to wait for nightwave to make a cicle to be able to do 2nd assassination which is EVENT and shoudn't affect star chart. Hm?!

The emissary assassinate key bp can be bought in the market to access the node

Just gonna put this here: emissary assasinate was horrendously tedious. lephantis was basically what i'd expect and I had no problems with it, but man that emissary took a long time. mostly just because he was stupidly tanky, and a little because there weren't enough infested to keep the lantern charged and near the target for the entire mission, wasting tons of time. might want to look at that to save others the pain my group endured

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Khora’s neck and head merging into one (also visible with her Urushu Skin).

I appreciate the fixes for her default helmets, but her tennogen helmets still merge with her neck!

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

Just gonna put this here: emissary assasinate was horrendously tedious. lephantis was basically what i'd expect and I had no problems with it, but man that emissary took a long time. mostly just because he was stupidly tanky, and a little because there weren't enough infested to keep the lantern charged and near the target for the entire mission, wasting tons of time. might want to look at that to save others the pain my group endured

I seem to recall this mission being really annoying in its original iteration as well. It is strange that you report not enough spawns since other mission types seem to be flooded with spawns from the get-go.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed missing custom Whip mesh for Khora Urushu as seen here. Khora’s whip will automatically reflect this Urushu design when the Urushu Skin is equipped.

I believe this hasn't been fixed. Both Whipclaw and the idle animations still use Khora's default whip model.

Would it be too much to ask for addition of Challenge and Steam/Console achievement for completely finishing Steel Path star chart? It's not something that can be done easily and it takes a lot of time, give us a way to prove that we cleared it via this way too.

So DE, let's talk again.

You've got at least 4 spots on your new tileset that spawn items outside of bounds.  The issue is that they're ayatans and syndicate medallions.  I've highlighted 3 so far, but have had the chance to run a few rescues on the corpus ship tileset.  There's a fourth spot that spawns above the rescue tubes, outside of boundaries.  It's always the tank farthest in the back, on the right side if you're walking in from the glass tube gantry entrance.  Fantastic...as we're more than a month in and none of these seem to be fixed yet.

Alright, whatever.  You prioritize releasing more content with literally no reason to exist ahead of fixing what you released broken.  

Why be so hard on the Steel Path?  The rewards suck, because rewards have not changed from base mode.  Yeah, I want to fight level 100+ enemies for a lith relic?  Well, no.  Rewards at base are bad, and your argument is that it'll be too much work to go through and modify drop tables.  Let me cut to the chase here, that means it's too much work for me to do the same mission again.  

Oh, but you can get Steel essence.  What a gigantic insult that is.  No official data released apparently, and no in-game update.  What people have managed to guess is about a 5% drop rate.  This means the chance of getting steel essence is actually lower than getting a rare relic drop.  Just wow.  It'd be something if we could buy anything for 1 or 2 steel essence...but no.  15 steel essence for 10k kuva is a joke.  

Let's figure out why people are angry.  If I can spawn 20 eximus units in an hour of play, by power farming, I'm at an average of a single unit of steel essence per hour.  That's 15 hours on average for 10k Kuva.  Let's see....a Kuva survival can be done and reward more in one hour than that.  This means the steel essence is a bad way to earn kuva.  It is the only current way to get stance forma....to which only a few weapons have multiple viable stances, and the nitain costs limit its creation.  So no go on stance formas being a good reward, let alone a worthwhile grind.  All I've got left is the operator armor.

Jebus, the operator armor.  85 steel essence - 36 from the star chart = 49 essence you are going to be short.  Assuming the magic 1 per hour, that's 49 hours of grind to get, or at 12 hours a week 4 weeks and change of focusing on a single game mode and getting lucky.

Let's also put some numbers to the situation.  you have about a 50% chance of getting one steel essence after killing 14 eximus units at a 5% drop chance.  If 50% of players want to get the 49 extra essence you'll need each player to have a 98.8% chance to drop for each player for 49 instances.  That means for 50% of players to get the 49 extra essence each will have to kill 4263 eximus units.  Wow....at 20 per hour that's 213.15 hours, or 9 days of grind assuming you play 24/7.  If you play 2 hours per day, that's 107 days.  That DE, is an insult.  

Wait, I hear you say that the essence drops double on cleared planets.  I hear you say that the eidolons offer a guaranteed drop of essence on kill.  Ha ha you hypocrite, answer that.  Well, I haven't gone eidolon hunting because the mechanics are enough to make me not want to.  Let's review.  The primary reward for eidolons is a chance at arcanes, with a secondary accumulation of eidolon shards if you want focus.  The eidolons can heal, can go invincible, and have a large pool of both health and shields.  This means that even if you strip all armor you've still got huge shields that can only be taken out with amps and a health pool that makes the eidolon a damage sponge.  Top that off with huge AoE attacks, and you've got a chore of an enemy to fight.  The only way that said enemy is more rewarding is the ability to get guaranteed essence...and I don't know if it'll double once earth is cleared.  What I give up in pursuing that is the ability to do random teams, 2-3 additional sets of drops due to the extended kill time, and a lot of fun.  Regarding the doubling of drops...yeah.  A couple of hours on Earth and I got nothing.  2x0=0, so consider me less than happy.

Now DE, we asked for a hard mode.  You seem to finally be giving it to us, so people stop demonstrating stuff in the simulacrum.  You made hard mode basically require cheese tactics, because there's no reason to play after you unlock nodes....because the rewards are the same at level 1 or 101.  Stop.  Just stop.  You obviously wanted something, but this was not something you should have released.

Please, let's get some fixes started.  Fix one should be to stop stuff spawning out of bounds on the tileset you just released.  Fix two needs to be accumulation of the mortus shoulder guards, so there's actually a tier 3 reward instead of an insult.  Fix three is dramatically increasing the steel essence drops  Fix four is giving us cheaper items for steel essence and fixing the absolute insult that the cosmetics for clearing planets are.  You've still got railjack fixes, promises literally from 2017, and so much more to focus on.  Instead we're getting a point and click adventure.  Stop trying to do everything, and demonstrating you barely understand the core gameplay.  

In case you forgot, Warframe is a looty-shooty space ninja horde shooter.  It isn't a gigantic sandbox toy, a point and click adventure, Fortnite, Starfox, or any other genre.  You've spent the last 3 years demonstrating you can't do these, so how about you decide to go back to what did work?

43 minutes ago, Nyctis said:

Still only have 4/5 clues findable in the Sea Glass murder scene in Night Wave.

Look for 4 of the clues near the target.  The fifth, in most cases, is all the way across the room.

I found 2 near the glassed target, 2 on the opposite side of the wall from where it sits, and one near the crane closest to the extraction zone.  

How about making Steel Path missions drop two rewards from the drop table instead of a single one? The missions are way more difficult, so that at least could get them some repeatability and make their rewards a bit more fair.

In the end we do play them just because "go against lvl 100 enemies weeeeeeeeee". But getting the same old rewards is... strange.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed inability to use Railjack Battle Avionics when using a controller. The following has been reverted in order to fix:
    • Fixed right-D-pad equipping Omni-tool (or doing nothing in regular Archwing missions) instead of cycling to the next Warframe/Archwing ability.
  • Fixes towards Omni-tool binding sometimes not working correctly when using a controller.
  • Fixed the Railjack HUD sometimes showing "<SECONDARY_FIRE>" on the bottom-left instead of the button that Ordnance is bound to.
  • Fixed an issue reported here where the binding for equipping the Omni-tool was missing when playing with a controller if you had customized your bindings prior to the release of Railjack. Players on PC may have to manually restore the bindings.
  • Fixed simultaneously pressing ESC+Interact action allowing you to Decorate the Railjack.

Any chance you can maybe fix the bug where we can't claim weapons that are built but are only visible in the 'scrap item listing'... I've currently got 2 weapons stuck there that I can't claim anywhere.

36 minutes ago, DoveCannon said:

DE please, this has been an issue for a few months now. Please fix this.

I know CrimsonBladeZeta's posts may fall under spam, but we really would like at least acknowledgement of this issue and that either this is now intended behaviour or is being looked at. Its been 7 weeks since Garuda's talons with Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds + exalted melee interactions with Gladiator mod set bonus stopped working.

I like the changes so far. Could DE also make other aspects of Hard mode more difficult please.

Faster capture targets.

less life support drop chance.

give 'mini bosses' the equivalent of the Adaptation mod (halved the effect?). juggernaut, husk thumper, G3, Stalker, all world bosses.

Less hacking time, faster grineer type hacking consoles cursor, more complex corpus hacking consoles

defense targets have less health or are more damaged by certain damage types

excavation missions have larger hitboxes

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

It would be nice if more world bosses and VIP's got enhanced or even guaranteed Steel Essence chance. Maybe not the Sergeant, but the new Jackal, Orb Mothers, Tusk Thumpers, Stalker/Shadow Stalker, G3, Zanuka, etc. should be able to drop Essence much like Eidolons.

Also, transparency on the drop chance percentage for Eximus to drop Steel Essence would be appreciated.

Yes please, thanks Voltage .. played all day and only got 2 drops from eximus units.. pretty bad for a days play..

Archived