Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steel Path: Hotfix 28.1.1

[DE]Megan

Nerfing the Xoris is bad optics guys, it looks like the game favours the lootbox that is riven mods instead, because riven mods do FAR WORSE than the Xoris does and if your issue was really with the Xoris being OP rather than just convenient you'd nerf riven mods too.

The Xoris can no longer block it use too, I tried it with a few different single pistols, while using Ivara uncloaked, when the enemies are shooting at you the bullets just hit you, now melee weapon does nothing to block.

When are we going to get Sentinels HP, Shields and Armour scaled to the enemy level or at least higher than it is, shield gating on them just doesn't work, especially in Steel Path your Sentinel is dead in no time and that's with Prime Regen burning through all it's revives, it has no attack precepts on it only for scanning, I'd use Djinn with reawaken on it but I want to scan enemies and other things and Djinn would be in a constant loop of dying awake dying awake.

18 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

"We’ll have to make slight adjustments to the mesh of each variant Armor set for it to function properly on each operator model, and to avoid clipping when swapping between the pieces. We’re currently heads down on Tennocon prep, but we will explore this sometime in the post-Tennocon future!"

I love how you listen to feedback. It's a rare thing nowadays 😛 

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Todd.Howard:

PLEASE ADDRESS THE 50 PAGES OF XORIS FEEDBACK ON THE FORUMS WHERE PEOPLE CAN SEE IT

Wont happen sadly. The **** (insert here male Chicken)-parade on DEV Stream will only petting their balls how good the Xoris rework was and how much damage it did (haha) and then it will be ignored till oblivion. Its business as usual. They just dont care if their customers doesnt like something. Just look at the excuse of the "rework". Its hilarious how stupid you have to be to explain it with outdamaging other melee weapons. Its all about the mighty DE-Vision and we're right and all the registered losers are wrong. Anytime. Anywhere.

Steel Path: remaining Void nodes locked, after leapfrogging nodes with new squad.

Completed: Teshub and Hepit, then squad new mate picked next node void (def mission).  Now subsequent Void nodes no longer pulse and are locked in Steel Path mode.

I've still got lighting issues, cant see kuva, nor my op energy bubble, nor emissive colours & ephemeras, still cant see scarlet spear emblems and normal emblems are very dull. the rest of game is fine, maybe just a tad dull even after brightness and contrast changes.. oh cant see nullifier bubbles either and its hard to paint my frames.. hope there is a fix in the works.

I'm still playing tho 🙂👍

I'd like to take this time to discuss the steel path one more time.  The rewards suck, and you either don't get it or don't want to address it.  It's more than just the fact that you didn't decide to rework the drop tables, it's pretty much a fundamental misunderstanding of what is worth grinding for.  As such, I've completed earth and will not participate further.

Let's do some simple calculations about how bad this game mode is, when it comes to just getting the essence.  The wiki lists a 2% drop chance for steel essence, which seems about right.  I'm going to offer the benefit of doubt on this, and assume all essence is gained at a rate of 2 per drop.  As such, you need 25 drops for the one unique reward along with the 30 something you'll be getting for completing the entire star chart again.  What does that look like?

Well at 2% for 50% of people to have a drop they'll need to kill 35 eximus units.  Likewise, for 50% of people to get 25 drops it'll require each person has a 97.3% drop chance.  That means for 50% of you players to get 25 drops you'll need 179 eximus units killed 25 times over, for those who care that's 4475 eximus unit kills.

DE, do you really think so little of us?  Heck, if I wanted just 10k kuva it's going to require 124 eximus per drop at 8 drop.  That means for 50% of players it'll require 992 eximus unit kills just to get 10k kuva.  If you could do 50 eximus units an hour it'd be 20 hours of grind.  If you do regular Kuva survivals for 20 hours it'll provide multiple times the kuva; heck it'll provide multiple times the kuva with half of the grind.

So let's be real here DE.  This game mode is not well thought out.  Bullet sponges aren't more challenging, they just decrease the weapon choices to a very small number of things which can match the enemy scaling.  The rewards being unchanged from regular mode means that there's literally no advantage to this game mode from the loot perspective.  The absolutely abysmal drop rate for essence is insulting.  It almost matches the Xiphos grind, and it's mobile market/EA/Korean MMO levels of grind.  

If you don't want us to be here, then continue.  I can understand a very small section of people wanting challenge...but this is not challenge.  It's asking us to accept that you just don't seem to care.  

Why do I make such a bold statement?  Well, three years of content droughts because you chose to focus on open worlds and content islands.  PoE-Fortuna-Railjack.  You then implemented a Lich system with expressly RNG mechanics, where the best case scenario was that the player died constantly because all you can earn is to know which three requiem mods are needed.  After all of this you finally implemented test servers....after Scarlet Spear literally was the one thing you promised it wouldn't be, a miserable grind.  Despite this the test servers indicated that rewards were bad, enemies were just sponges, and archwing was still not scaling well.  Your response was to not change the rewards, increase EHP, and decrease archwing scaling rather than admit how inadequately the thing is when compared to everything else.

You've got three weeks until tennocon.  It'd better be some fantastic progress.  If not, there's no reason to continue playing.  I've gotten to MR 29, and will not be getting to MR 30.  I know that people are going to retort that "it's free to play so you've gotten your value," but that's defeatist thinking.  I have played this game, struggled through the constant stream of hot garbage updates, that required weeks of fixing, and still find some enthusiasm.  Three years of being insulted by systems that make EA look good are...I'm saddened that you are either incapable of seeing this insult or don't care.

So we are clear, you deciding to pull this grind in a game mode for veterans speaks volumes to how much you care.  The response had better be a quick fix.  If it isn't then veterans of the game should very clearly see this isn't for them.  I know I'm seeing it.

-Edit-

Let me do your work for you.  The drop chance for steel essence should be 12%.  At 12% drop, 50% of your players could earn 10k kuva in 152 eximus unit kills.  At 12% drop 50% of player could get 25 drops to earn the armor in 700 eximus unit kills.  This would be poor competition with kuva against a standard survival mission, but would at least be a viable option to want to complete in this mode.

As an aside, who exactly thought the stance forma was an evergreen reward?  I could kind of see the nitain.  I could even see built forma or aura forma as parallel ways to earn them.  Whatever logic is behind the stance forma escapes me, as generally no weapon has multiple stances whose combos provide direct parallels.  Namely, a stance with forced procs basically always trumps a stance without given how the meta has evolved with melee 3.0.  I just don't understand what the motivation is here, unless it's a pre-alpha release with no thought placed on continued play or rewards economy.  If it is...consider this DOA.

1. Revert the Xoris interaction with warframe abilities nerf.

2. Vauban's Tesla Nervos UI is still bugged. Sometimes you don't see the number of Nervos available.

3. Revert the Xoris interaction with warframe abilites nerf.

4. Vauban's Bastille doesn't work with warframe spectres in the Junction.

5. Revert the Xoris interaction with warframe abilities nerf.

6. Boost the Steel Essence drop rates.

7. Revert the Xoris interaction with warframe abilities nerf.

8. The Steel Path rewards from Teshin is pathetic. New Operator fashion and that's it? Kuva, relic packs and Stance Forma blueprints? It's insulting to player's time invested in the game. Add in the Umbral Forma blueprints. Or all the requiem mods. Or Eidolon/Lua lenses.

9. Revert the Xoris interaction with warframe abilities nerf.

wow its dont even know what to say steel path rly and u think thats a update and playeble content its just a waist of our time u give us the same thing that already was in the game but with way more bugs sombody needs a pay cut or somthing u m better stop here couse it fells a waist off time played and loved ur game for many years but why u try to kill it

Frames like revenant need to be revisited in steel path. The only good ability he has is mesmer skin anyhow so his 4 doing 88dmg per beam 2 minutes in while i'm still able to normal melee red crit 8.8k  early on. his 3 also does no visible damage to thralls and non-thralls alike.

The Steel Path it just a dup star chart with the same old same old, but increased enemies. i can see The Steel Path being more of a, Operator only thing. It just make's more since,  A: Teshin is guiding you through it and B: because well, he's a Dax and you get a Dax Suit.

Note: Not just that, but by making it a Operator only thing it would be a bit more different, to the star chart we already have.

Plus instead of giving credit's, it could be replaced by Focus.

Archived