Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Diary of a failed dax

Darius_Gideon

Shadow-untold-story.png

...I was condemned by the masters i was supposed to obey... to protect the honor of my family i was casted away, forced to work with the grinner...

...I remember the day I met her, with a manic smile and her frowning face, cleaning the infested breakout in my sector, a "special" member of the corpus...

...The infested took my legs, but gave me hope; in order to pay my life debt, i joined a "cleaning squad" led by that "special" corpus...

...My dax training proved to be usefull in "killing", i got rid of debts in no time, and i became close to my leader, close enough to discover her goal, paid her own life debt...

...The first time i saw that brillant presence, an orokin master sitting relaxed on a floating piece of furniture, i understood why my leader cringed, she was just a failed "vesel", trying to get her freedom proving she was usefull to the orokin masters...

...In a sudden impulse, i offered myself to pay the debt of my leader. The orokin master laughed at the beginning, she asked me "What value does an error have?" and then without waiting for an anwser she claimed in a sweet voice "We are about to find what is the value of two of them"

...Months of dangerous jobs... pain... and fear... but it was worth it... finally serving as a dax, because i choose to do it, for the right reason. 

...One day me and my partner, were entrusted with a new task, to be the guards of a strange girl...

...Poor girl... damaged and blinded by the void... feared and hated... and now... she was now a test subject, and as any other valuable weapon or treasure, we had to protect her.

...I was confused when my orokin master protected the girl, because behind her perfect and expressionless face, i could see a glimpse of... "weakness"...

...We raise our weapons against the other orokin, and because of that, me and my partner were severely punished that day... the pain was sweet... because we protected what matter most... our family, this little and failed family...

...Now i know what im protecting... this blinded girl is a void monster... she cannot control herself... she is not like the "tenno", she is worse... but still... in our family of "failed"... she is welcome...

...We were happy... my orokin master is not like the other orokins... im pleased to serve her... my partner, this failed "vesel" is my other half... and this little girl... is the reason we all keep trying to be better...

... I was there... tenno... we all... were there...

Then why.... why did you do this to us... tenno? Why did you burn me to ashes? Why did you let those sentients cut my partner throat? Why did you vanished my orokin master?... Why did you try to take that girl out of our hands?

....WHY DID YOU BREAK MY FAMILY?...

Im awake now... still... too weak... the infestation... kept us alive... the day i lost my legs... the infestation gave me hope... i heard her voice... that blinded girl is having a nigthmare because fo you, tenno... 

Archived