Post Your Steel Essence Per Mission Rate

wASRwz7.jpg

1 hour on the kuva forteress survival

idk if loot frame affect the drop tho

Edited by Yual
  • Like 1

Getting yourself hated by a syndicate is a good method of farming these.

For they send a decent amount of eximuses at you.

And I think smeeta kavats gives you a free drop? IDK, but I once got one essence for seemingly from nowhere.

I have completed venus completely. Earth, Mars, Phobos and Mercury are incomplete (I am rushing to MOT). I have gotten 5 steel essence. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

fry.PNG?1307468855

I am not sure your lieing or not about this because if we pull out the steel essence drops

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Steel_Essence

They said they are pose to be "rare drop" for it is impossible for any players just get instance 160 with in 3 hour void run mot survival.  For it is only a 2% drop but ever sense the "increase resource drop" it only boosted to pose to be 4% but I don't think that is right entirely right to be unless you use drop rate booster and double resources booster the same time and farm them basically you might get that amount and probably higher with nekro/prime.

I mean you could always learn farm metas and use that. Those figures are totally believable .

• Like 4

Completed earth Mars, done some venus and most of Lua.  1 sliver 1 essence, an I'm bringing kill frames and slaughtering everything, not just stealth and limboing through.

Edit earth venus Mars moon mercury and some phobos clear now up to 2 essence and 1 sliver now.

Edited by Eluminary
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i would suspect that they would drop more often towards the end of the Star Chart. If they are going to give you something to farm in SP, im sure they want you to at least get to the end. 

Doesnt that kinda kill the idea of Steel Path though which is supposed to make the star chart less dead? I mean if they push it all towards the end of the chart it kinda leave the rest in the same dead state as the normal chart outside of a few specific nodes.

• Like 2

8 in 23 mission + planet finished award. 

But I haven't stuck around in endless missions until eximus units become common and the boosters really start stacking up.

• Like 1
Il y a 14 heures, Traumtulpe a dit :

As the title says. I have gotten 2 in 48 missions, so a 1 in 24 chance per mission.

10.000 Kuva was 15 Steel Essences I believe, so only 360 completed missions!

At this rate I might get the armor set in a few years. Good thing I don't care for it to begin with.

Worst part is Rebecca during Home time said that they drop at the same rate as Oberon part.

Hell no it doesnt lol

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

As much as i dont really care about the rewards (not that i wouldnt mind getting some of them, including the Operator Armor), as im more of an intrinsic kinda guy,  yeah, the drop rate is preeeetty low. I mean, I just got my first one in Venus... Then again, maybe they should stay low, so as to not burn our selves out farming them, and keep this as a long term goal.

Kind of this.  It’s not Hema Resources requirements but is seemingly one of those rewards that is a passive boon for playing if you are saving up for the armor.

Just let the resources come to you.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I mean you could always learn farm metas and use that. Those figures are totally believable .

Well then lets us all go to the "Void" Mot and see it is real deal.

Cleared out Earth and Lua. Got 1 Steel Essence from a random enemy on PoE.

Tried to run Disruption with Eximus wave as Ivara for 10 minutes - got none.

Edited by Tesla_Reloaded
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Tessador said:

No it´s not abysmal. If you only play the starchart - missiongoals, you didn´t see many Eximus. For example, in defens and surv, the eximus spawn like a ramp up. The first rotation 0-2. I am solo with no lootframe atm in a surv-mission. First 15 min no drop, After than it drops more and more. 7 essence and 11 shard drops after 45 mins. And the last 5mins there was 2 essence drops and 3 shard drops.

It´s should be a hard mode, not a mode where you get the reward for make the minimum.

The drop rate is okay. Its drop more than oberon parts.

Oh and i play atm at the Venus darksektor with no dropchance booster, the eximus rampup is low. 🙂

I don't know where you're going with this or what you're implying with "It´s should be a hard mode, not a mode where you get the reward for make the minimum." Difficulty and progression are separate functions. The only reason the Smoking Body Ephemera is "hard" to get not because killing the Stalker is hard, but because of its drop chance and because you can't fight 2,000 stalkers in a single mission in a reasonable amount of time. And I'm one of those who have defended that hard mode should be hard when talking about engagement and challenge against those who say weapons need to be buffed for it, which are arguments that have nothing to do with getting lucky.

This is my current haul of Oberon parts for the past 6 months:

Warframe0203.jpg

So 116 parts across several months and hours of Arbitrations and Kuva Disruption.

That's perfectly fine for a one-and-done drop. But not here. You can increase Eximus spawn rate to 3 per minute if you want. The actual drop chance for the resource is still 2%, which is absurd for the costs in the store. That's luck, not skill. Some people will always get it on each kill because of their luck. But luck is NOT a function that can be influence by skill in any way, shape or form.

Good for you if you feel that's fair. Most here people don't by the sentiment in recent threads about it.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

Completed Steel Path, received 34 from Teshin, and a further 40 during missions (with resource booster). I'm still 11 short to get all the cosmetics.

Spoiler

2zMiL2L.jpg

• Like 1

It seems I got tradebanned for this, even though I received no notification for it. DE finally made something that rewards endurance runs, but then you end up banned. 😄

Was a basic Khora + Speedva farm.

essencefarm.jpg

• Like 2
14 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Well then lets us all go to the "Void" Mot and see it is real deal.

Off you go then. But use a proper farm meta in a 4 man group, not just a Nekros lol.

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Off you go then. But use a proper farm meta in a 4 man group, not just a Nekros lol.

Nope don't go with full nekros group, 2 nekros, 1 hyildrin, and 1 Syran or whatever do AOE dmg giver.  I try testing it in the "Orokin Derlict" it seem it is impossible lone nekros to handle that many enemies plus the gas of the enmeies is way super deadly and the spitball kill nekros for somehow I find it magically nekros get 1 hit being killed even full on build shield.  only 15 mins absoutely 0 steel essance has drop.