Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Steel Essence Per Mission Rate

Traumtulpe

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Nope don't go with full nekros group, 2 nekros, 1 hyildrin, and 1 Syran or whatever do AOE dmg giver.  I try testing it in the "Orokin Derlict" it seem it is impossible lone nekros to handle that many enemies plus the gas of the enmeies is way super deadly and the spitball kill nekros for somehow I find it magically nekros get 1 hit being killed even full on build shield.  only 15 mins absoutely 0 steel essance has drop.

Like I said you need to learn proper farming groups. Also Nekros has no problem surviving if you build correctly.  Derelict is also by far the easiest to survive given they have no armour and die quicker.

I played 1 hour in Mot today. 

Solo as Loki. 

6k kills. 

9 essense drops. 

All drops came between minutes 30 and 60. 0 drops between minutes 0 and 30.

There would probably have been more drops if I was playing with a squad since there'd be more enemies dieing and spawning. 

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Also Nekros has no problem surviving if you build correctly.

Unfortunately, even Nekros has a limit to how much he can take. Steel Path Void enemies hit so hard they will shred through your Vitality, Health Conversion, Adaptation, Shadows, and Arcanes like butter.

Played a duo with a Rhino on Mot for 1 hour.

1k kills for me as Nekros, 4k kills Rhino.

9 essence drops.

Yeah, going with good farming squads on multi-hour endurance runs can get decent numbers apparently. The slivers get in the way though. You'll get more slivers than you can ever use, but hey, first world problem, I guess. And of course you'll get hit with a trade ban but what else is new.

That is a bit of a pickle actually. Obviously multi-hour runs with a dedicated farm squad is a pretty exclusive activity, and increasing the numbers on the side of those who don't will result in epic hauls for those that do when all the multipliers start to stack. Not a lot of margin to play with here...

Of course the main issue is the way they set this up: giving the Steel Essences as rare drops from specific types of enemies instead of as an extra bonus reward on your mission success screen....

Imho it is very mission dependant. Some missions have higher eximus spawns than others. I'll definitely try more toward long ods runs for eximus spawning. It has been a long time but if I recall correctly there is a good eximus spawn. You want speenova, khora and probably something that gives status immunity, Nekros is debatable maybe you'd want a buff frame or a nidus instead.

Also it is very faction dependant, I wouldn't camp for raw kills in voids or against corpuses and greeners have a big ehp scalling as well, infested seem the way to go there :). Got a lot of essences from syndicate infested spawns.

16 minutes ago, Angwah said:

That is a bit of a pickle actually. Obviously multi-hour runs with a dedicated farm squad is a pretty exclusive activity, and increasing the numbers on the side of those who don't will result in epic hauls for those that do when all the multipliers start to stack. Not a lot of margin to play with here...

Steel Path has the same spawnrate no matter what the player count is, and Khora can oneshot everything solo even when you start hitting LVL4000+, so you really don't need a squad for anything other than convenience. Speed Nova increases the killrate by about 25%, but that's not really a huge increase in essence per hour. All it takes is fighting boredom, because the eximus spawns ramp up the longer you stay, so it only starts being worth doing past ~2 hours.

27 minutes ago, T2k5 said:

Steel Path has the same spawnrate no matter what the player count is, and Khora can oneshot everything solo even when you start hitting LVL4000+, so you really don't need a squad for anything other than convenience. Speed Nova increases the killrate by about 25%, but that's not really a huge increase in essence per hour. All it takes is fighting boredom, because the eximus spawns ramp up the longer you stay, so it only starts being worth doing past ~2 hours.

Ah, yes, I agree. Let me clarify, it is an exclusive activity because not many can do such a long endurance run, be it because of scheduling issues or lack of desire does not matter.

8 hours ago, R.O.G.U.E. said:

Unfortunately, even Nekros has a limit to how much he can take. Steel Path Void enemies hit so hard they will shred through your Vitality, Health Conversion, Adaptation, Shadows, and Arcanes like butter.

9 essence drops.

Vazarin is your friend. An hour in yeh it would be hard going by then. But I wouldn't be choosing a rhino as a partner.

11 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Like I said you need to learn proper farming groups. Also Nekros has no problem surviving if you build correctly.  Derelict is also by far the easiest to survive given they have no armour and die quicker.

It is a proper farming but it "depends" how dmg is scaled by the enemies which felt like shield gating having that terrible flash back about terrible joke even for Sergent.

10 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

It is a proper farming but it "depends" how dmg is scaled by the enemies which felt like shield gating having that terrible flash back about terrible joke even for Sergent.

No if you want to actually not waste your time and farm properly, you want at least 2 frames to increase drops, 1 DPS and either a 3rd drop increase frame or something to increase enemy kill speed like a damage buff, enemy speed increase etc. Otherwise it's just inefficient and a waste of time.

2 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

you want at least 2 frames to increase drops, 1 DPS and either a 3rd drop increase frame or something to increase enemy kill speed like a damage buff, enemy speed increase etc

If I was inclined to waste 3+ hours in a Survival mission, I'd bring Khora, Nekros, Ivara, Nova.

23 hours ago, T2k5 said:

It seems I got tradebanned for this, even though I received no notification for it. DE finally made something that rewards endurance runs, but then you end up banned. 😄

Was a basic Khora + Speedva farm.

essencefarm.jpg

Do you have both market boosters?

After doing the full star chart minimalist style just for the mastery exp (all 232/232 nodes) I am left with 51 Steel Essence. I also have 50 riven slivers but that number is extremely mixed as I basically never turn in riven slivers and I estimate a solid 30+ slivers I own were already in my inventory before the update came out. If we account for the 18 teshin emails that give 2 steel essence each for completion of an entire planet sector, then that's 51-36=15 out of 232 nodes where I never hit a 2nd the rotation reward.

I've heard that apparently doing tricap 6x3 on steel path is actually viable; you can still oneshot shields and synovias with good builds, but it requires all 4 players to be extremely focused, prepared and experienced.

On 2020-07-09 at 4:12 PM, Kaggelos said:

As much as i dont really care about the rewards (not that i wouldnt mind getting some of them, including the Operator Armor), as im more of an intrinsic kinda guy,  yeah, the drop rate is preeeetty low. I mean, I just got my first one in Venus... Then again, maybe they should stay low, so as to not burn our selves out farming them, and keep this as a long term goal.

I got the entire armor set on the second day Steel Path released, I don't think it's much of a long term goal, just need to know how to get it efficiently lol. If you don't believe me you can just /profile DoubleQuarterPounder and look at my operator

On 2020-07-11 at 2:34 AM, T2k5 said:

It seems I got tradebanned for this, even though I received no notification for it. DE finally made something that rewards endurance runs, but then you end up banned. 😄

essencefarm.jpg

The patch is near 😄

On 2020-07-10 at 3:34 PM, T2k5 said:

essencefarm.jpg

This is about 60 essense per hour, which converts to 40k kuva per hour.

This is great, but it requires staying in a mission for 4 freaking hours before seeing drops like this. The first hour of Mot only gives about 20 essense. 

I finished the entire SP, minus Mutalist and Jordas which weren't required for Eris completion. I got 46* essence, including what was offered for planet completion. I focused primarily on objectives, with an occasional stop to finish Eximus units, if I noticed them from the blur between insertion and extraction on objective missions like capture and rescue (60 to 150 seconds usually) 

The slower missions like mobile defense would give me more time to chop Eximus, but I didn't intend to extend endless missions and farm until a formula for best method is discovered. 

Side note, no reward for SP derelict. And it would be nice if there was a remaining nodes search just to make sure I don't miss anything.

Edit: I missed the emissary node and didn't get derelict until yesterday, so it was 46, not 44 for my complete run of SP. I also finished Mutalist and Jordas, as well as index, so I've hit every SP node I'm aware of.

13 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

No if you want to actually not waste your time and farm properly, you want at least 2 frames to increase drops, 1 DPS and either a 3rd drop increase frame or something to increase enemy kill speed like a damage buff, enemy speed increase etc. Otherwise it's just inefficient and a waste of time.

I was killing fast enough, it is that the enemies dmg made shield gating for nekro a problem, I don't like boosting or choosing one side or another balance of shield and hp.  It depends either the Arcane but arcane got nerf so that is pretty bad for meta to deal with it.  At the time being yes 2 frames sound good but pretty much the dev didn't assign Orokin derelict mission to have auto join groups so basically I am totally screwed and recruiting players these days has lesser veterans and ppl who want take on "Steel Path" missions on the orokin derelict.

On 2020-07-11 at 7:03 AM, Angwah said:

Yeah, going with good farming squads on multi-hour endurance runs can get decent numbers apparently. The slivers get in the way though. You'll get more slivers than you can ever use, but hey, first world problem, I guess. And of course you'll get hit with a trade ban but what else is new.

Of course the main issue is the way they set this up: giving the Steel Essences as rare drops from specific types of enemies instead of as an extra bonus reward on your mission success screen....

That would not be a problem if they cap your allowed reserves like Void Traces. That way at some point you will have to drop the mission if the purpose if farming those. In the meanwhile, those who don't partake in excessive endurance runs can see the benefit of a boosted drop rate.

On 2020-07-11 at 12:51 AM, R.O.G.U.E. said:

9 essence drops.

You could do the SP Eidolons, they have a granted drop.

Not sure how many Teralysts  you can do in 1 hour, might be less drops.

Archived