Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post Your Steel Essence Per Mission Rate

Traumtulpe

The patch just now was expected to address Steel Essence rarity. It didn't.

What are you doing DE? Playing through the Steel Path rewards nothing at all, you only get Steel Essence from long endless missions with cheese setup (mostly Khora to oneshot everything that tries to get line of sight).

I've received exactly one Steel Essence from Eximi after roughly a dozen mission runs (most of which were simply trying to progress through the map).

Not going to bother attempting to farm them until either A: The drop rate is buffed significantly, or B: the EHP modifiers are removed so I can actually enjoy playing the mode.

A friend and I finished grinding out Jupiter last night. We also did one infested survival for just short of a hour. We were set to public for all of it, but often it was just the two of us. After all of that we now have 42 steel essence each.

finished all of Steel Path.

got 50 total. thats 36 from the planet rewards and 14 from random drops.
which means 270 missions for 14 drops.
that's 0.051 essence per 1 mission.

The fastest way to farm essence is Eidolons. But good luck killing 100+ of them JUST for the cosmetics.

Once again DE fail at simple statistical math. A mistake that could've been avoided if they ever play tested their own game.

22 hours ago, Skaleek said:

I'm afraid to farm steel essence because i suspect they will make it easier in an upcoming patch. I've learned my lesson from DE.

Its bad that after every big update, I stop playing the game completely and wait until DE stops obsessing over the users who spend three hours in a mission and FINALLY changes the drop rate that reflects the rest of the player base.

There is no doubt in my mind that DE tuned the drop chance to people who buy boosters and take full farming teams into missions for hours.

So 0.001% of the player base. That leaves us normal people without a chance to even get two parts of the armor after spending a dozen hours just going through the path normally. I hope DE enjoys all the plat they are getting from these users who have 3 hours to waste.

22 hours ago, DraekoSilver said:

Its bad that after every big update, I stop playing the game completely and wait until DE stops obsessing over the users who spend three hours in a mission and FINALLY changes the drop rate that reflects the rest of the player base.

There is no doubt in my mind that DE tuned the drop chance to people who buy boosters and take full farming teams into missions for hours.

So 0.001% of the player base. That leaves us normal people without a chance to even get two parts of the armor after spending a dozen hours just going through the path normally. I hope DE enjoys all the plat they are getting from these users who have 3 hours to waste.

They also seem to have taken a similar approach when balancing enemy health: Tune it for the most damaging builds and broken combinations at the expense of the rest of the sandbox, ignoring the fact that this is the second time they've tried to do this, and both times it failed to even be a speed-bump for those builds while locking out everything else. As it stands, I'm not going to bother with Steel Path until I get the option to turn the EHP modifiers off (a shame, since the original version of the mode would have become my new main way to play the game).

Controversial opinion: If your primary means of adding "difficulty" to a mode is something you deal with in the Arsenal screen and not the mission itself, then you aren't making a challenge.

What I wanted from the Steel Path were enemies that don't die in 0.5 seconds, and a reason to play at all. It has failed on both accounts:

• I don't even bother modding for Corpus or Infested, everything dies to my Grineer setup as usual.
  • After clearing 4 planets I got nothing of interest. Not even enough Steel Essences to buy anything at all, including the 8 I got for completion.

How can you fail so utterly?

Zabala eris no booster 90min

zxGNase.jpg

after finishing that run simaris gave me a resource booster as login bonus, so i will probably try again later

edit: similar results with the booster, but i had to stay a bit longer because i needed 40 SE for the ephemera and at the 90 min mark i was at 38 SE

6s4mM1c.jpg

Am 9.7.2020 um 23:07 schrieb Talinthis:

2 essence from completing all of earth and kuva fort

Update to say I got 104 steel essence and 30 riven slivers for 2 hrs in mot solo. They started dropping at around 20 minutes for me. Smeeta proc'd a few times and I even got x8 drops for a couple pickups with booster.

I should have bought a drop chance to double the one steel path has but only had double resource active.

Why are u doing mot and not Ceres gabii dark sector? Is there a reason for this?

6 hours ago, protecttheplanet said:

Why are u doing mot and not Ceres gabii dark sector? Is there a reason for this?

poison. poison everywhere. and when i did it i didnt see any noticeable improvement in drops at all. also the void is pretty.

Mot,Nekros-Khora-Speedva-Protea for energy. Boosters, lucky cats ( guys got like 55-60 essences,my cat was top notch). Was a pretty good run

jCIGqJp.jpg

Direlict survival. Nekros (me) killing atll with melee, speed nova, nidus and wisp chilling in corner. Boosters, cats.  

oUpT04u.jpg

5 минут назад, -Sandman сказал:

Wait still Steel essence drops from enemies? Or am i experiencing some type of bug? Maybe I should send in a ticket. 

from Eximuses only,with very low chance. And eximuses are pretty rare. Thats why people wait at least 1h in endless,cause after 1h their spawnrate is maxed.  

I had a farm run   where for 36 first minutes we dropped 0 essences.

Since this thread is derailed, all you really need is loot Khora + Nekros on Ophelia w/ the boosters and kitty.  The way the tiles are setup...it doesn't take long to find a location to setup camp and the mobs just pour in.   Eximus start showing up in spades at ~40 minutes and constantly at 60 minutes.   Easy to get ~100 essence in 90 minutes which is a tolerable time to play.

Here is what will cook your noodle...if you get the mod drop chance booster you can earn ~40k endo/hour (it just rains mods) and ~100plat/hour from condition overloads.     

Archived