The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Catchmoon....is bad. Please fix.

TnaneverRisen

I've been trying pretty hard to make the primary catchmoon kitgun worth using.  I've tried several element combos, used 5 forma and catalyst, and it's still bad.  What a huge waste of my time and resources.  Here's are what I see as the problems, and potential solutions to make this punch-through energy blaster "shotgun" worthwhile:

---Low damage, terrible ammo restraints which require using ammo-specific companions or mods
-Solution: slower fire rate, significantly higher base damage
-Side Note:  As an example, the Phantasm "shotgun" also has similar ammo issues, but is powerful enough that the ammo issue is acceptable and should be built around.  Primary Catchmoon's ammo issue is just another drawback for no reason.

---Limited element choices (adding any element removes the option of heat damage, which is very important for status DOT builds)
-Solution: Change the built-in element....maybe to cold or electricity?  Or remove heat damage and give more impact or pierce/slash?

Whatever happens, please do something to fix this weapon.  I think it's a cool idea and design - don't let it go to waste.

The reason you think it's "so bad" is most likely to keep the catchmoon from being the most used primary like it was as a secondary. It isn't good for DE to have ONE thing that everyone wants to use. Don't try to force something if it isn't for you. Just move on to something else.

You seem to have misunderstood.  I didn't say this weapon, or any weapon should be the most popular or clearly overpowered.  The catchmoon primary needs to be competetive with other weapons at top levels, which it's clearly not at the moment.  This has nothing to do with however badly balanced other weapons are, whether or not you're referring to the secondary catchmoon.

Archived