29.3.2 Garuda's Talons and Exalted melee still broken

DoveCannon

Fixed as of 29.5.1

27.5.4 - 29.3.2

Garuda's Talons are still unaffected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, and the Gladiator set bonus. All of these are still equippable with no effect or set effect.

Exalted melee weapons are still unaffected by the Gladiator set bonus. These set mods are still equippable with no set effect.

On 2020-06-17 at 5:39 PM, DoveCannon said:
  • TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: Garuda's Talons not effected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, Gladiator set bonus. Exalted melees not effected by Gladiator set bonus.
  • VISUAL:
    • IjMoC7N.png
    • 7MReYS9.jpg
    • s0ZZfVc.png
    • ty6Fs9C.jpg
    • B6KKK6z.png
    • HzWqaZ6.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: Equip the mods, get a combo counter.
  • EXPECTED RESULT:
    • Garuda's Talons: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 216% (orange-red crits), status chance 173% (every hit gives 1-2 status)
    • Valkyr: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 180% (yellow-orange crits)
    • Excal: at 12 combo counter: crit chance 172% (yellow-orange crits)
  • OBSERVED RESULT:
    • Garuda: white-yellow crits instead of orange-red crits and not getting status on every hit.
    • Valkyr: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
    • Excal: white-yellow crits instead of yellow-orange crits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happens every time.
  • EXTRA NOTE: Has been this way since 27.5.5

You should mention that they used to work before 28.0.0 when Deluxe skin and talon's buff happened. DE might think that this is one of those "it's a bug, but truth is i just want a buff" post.

I really doubt it's intentional since even after the buffs they are not even that good or have any special perk that comes with them. But who knows with DE.

4 minutes ago, 24ANGELS said:

You should mention that they used to work before 28.0.0 when Deluxe skin and talon's buff happened. DE might think that this is one of those "it's a bug, but truth is i just want a buff" post.

I really doubt it's intentional since even after the buffs they are not even that good or have any special perk that comes with them. But who knows with DE.

Her talons and exalted melees have been broken since 27.5.4, long before her deluxe skin came out.

Realistically, you'll get banned bringing up the issue every single patch before DE actually even considers fixing her Talons. (I'm with you though, don't get me wrong.)

It's sad, I really wanted to enjoy some hardmode with Garuda and using her claws is part of the fantasy, you know ?

4 hours ago, Zrayph said:

Realistically, you'll get banned bringing up the issue every single patch before DE actually even considers fixing her Talons. 

Huh? Banning who? DE bans people for Bug Reporting?

7 hours ago, CrimsonBladeZeta said:

Even if this is a nerf

If DE has the nerve to say this is a nerf, or a balance change countering its recent "buff", I'll be done with this game for good.

Garuda's talons is and has always been the bottom of the barrel in all of melee power-wise. Poeple like us only uses it for its theme and asthetic.

Even if they've decided to quitely exclude all combo effects from "Exalted Weapons" for consistency prior to the halirious Xoris situation, Garuda's talons should never be affected at all. 

For all intents and purposes, her talons is not and never was an "Exalted Weapon" both in mechanics nor performance. To say otherwise, shows a woefully inadquate understanding of the game itself, which at this point, should be no surprise to anyone.

But yea, I just hope they'd come out and say it, so I can be done with these dissapointments and move on.

We're now on week 8 of no word on this. Would be great if we could get at least a "this is now intended behaviour" or "this is a bug and is being looked at". Or any acknowledgement that this has been seen at all instead of silence.

27.5.4 - 28.2.0

Garuda's Talons are still unaffected by Blood Rush, Weeping Wounds, and the Gladiator set bonus. All of these are still equippable with no effect or set effect.

Exalted melee weapons are still unaffected by the Gladiator set bonus. These set mods are still equippable with no set effect.

27.5.4 - 28.2.0.1

Gonna jump in this thread from mine.

If nothing else, I'm glad that other people besides me here are taking notice of this being a legit bug and not being apologists about DE potentially stealth nerfing weapons for no good reason.

Reposting my own screens here to show that I already experimented in Simulacrum:

Builds:

20200719025757_1.jpg

20200719030045_1.jpg

Testing:

20200719031839_1.jpg

20200719031951_1.jpg

I'm very disappointed that we are now on week 9 of these issues. The DE I purchased a founder pack from would not have allowed this to go on for so long without saying anything. I'm now assuming that this was an intentional hidden change that they did not expect us to notice.

9 hours ago, Raitlor said:

II'm now assuming that this was an intentional hidden change that they did not expect us to notice.

Kinda like how its discovered via datamining that Steel Essences are scripted to not work with drop boosters and yet work with double resource 🤔

But yeah, one mechanic hindering "bug" at a time.

Archived