Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

29.3.2 Garuda's Talons and Exalted melee still broken

DoveCannon

35 minutes ago, Zrayph said:

TFW you take a one-month break to play PSO2 and Garuda is still broken and DE still hasn't said a word about it.

See y'all next month I guess.

I only launch the game any more to test if things are still broken.

If you read the Xoris bug fix note when they made changes because of how Xoris was affecting certain abilities they said "The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff." Based on that and info from 2019 it seems that they never intended exalted to benefit from the set mods. As for blood rush exalted aren't even supposed to be able to equip it so unsure why they haven't fixed that being equipable.

Still broken in 29.0.6.

On 2020-09-02 at 1:43 AM, Pshyis said:

If you read the Xoris bug fix note when they made changes because of how Xoris was affecting certain abilities they said "The second issue: The interaction with the Xoris and Gladiator Mod Set for Warframe Exalted weapons. The Gladiator Mod Set bonus is being carried over from the equipped Melee to the Exalted Warframe weapons such as Baruuk’s Serene Storm, Excalibur’s Exalted Blade, Valkyr’s Talons and Wukong’s Iron Staff." Based on that and info from 2019 it seems that they never intended exalted to benefit from the set mods. As for blood rush exalted aren't even supposed to be able to equip it so unsure why they haven't fixed that being equipable.

If I remember correctly the context on the Xoris issue was that it was giving the benefit based off the Xoris combo counter, not the exalted's combo counter. That is still a bug that is present today with other melees.

58 minutes ago, DoveCannon said:
11 hours ago, Pshyis said:

If I remember correctly the context on the Xoris issue was that it was giving the benefit based off the Xoris combo counter, not the exalted's combo counter. That is still a bug that is present today with other melees.

And for the umpteenth time: Garuda's talons are NOT exalted.

They don't bypass weapon restrictions in sorties/alerts and they are only usable when you leave the melee slot empty in your loadout. Its literally a part of her physical being rather than an ability manifested via energy.

A baffling gimmick that still remains outclassed by several regular weapons in the game even if DE were to finally fix these issues.

32 minutes ago, Gashryo said:

They don't bypass weapon restrictions in sorties/alerts and they are only usable when you leave the melee slot empty in your loadout. Its literally a part of her physical being rather than an ability manifested via energy.

A baffling gimmick that still remains outclassed by several regular weapons in the game even if DE were to finally fix these issues.

Personally, I like the gimmick. I still like her talons even if they are outclassed by my other melees. The bug present however guts any possible competitiveness they could have with other regular melees.

1 hour ago, Gashryo said:

They are counted by the game as both an exalted weapon and a normal weapon for some reason which is why it doesn't get the same sortie bypass exalted do.It's still listed in the game's code as an exalted weapon.Have you all tried using deconstructor with the gladiator set on it and see if it works or not? Also y'all forgot her talons ARE summoned by an ability. Her passive. I agree though that DE should come out and give closure on both if this was supposed to be the case for them as well as settling are they or aren't they exalted.

On 2020-09-02 at 4:15 PM, Pshyis said:

They are counted by the game as both an exalted weapon and a normal weapon for some reason which is why it doesn't get the same sortie bypass exalted do.It's still listed in the game's code as an exalted weapon.Have you all tried using deconstructor with the gladiator set on it and see if it works or not? Also y'all forgot her talons ARE summoned by an ability. Her passive. I agree though that DE should come out and give closure on both if this was supposed to be the case for them as well as settling are they or aren't they exalted.

the talons aren't summoned by an ability, how can you say that when they are literally physically attached to her and part of her model at all times?

46 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

the talons aren't summoned by an ability, how can you say that when they are literally physically attached to her and part of her model at all times?

And the fact that unlike exalted weapons, they literally have to be taken into account everytime a new skin is made as well.

8 hours ago, Traubenzuckr said:

Because they are. They are part of her passive ability. That's why people call them "passive exalted" weapons apparently. Their usage was originally going to be just during abilities but the playerbase wanted them usable so they shoehorned them into her passive as a usable weapon using some of the same coding exalted use. Yes they exist at all times but their usage is tied to an ability just like the other exalted are. Otherwise regulators shouldn't be exalted either since they are attached to mesa's model at all times as well. That's not really something that gets taken into account. It comes down to if the weapon is tied to an ability not if it's "summoned" by one clearly based on other exalted.

you say they are summoned

i ask you how can you say they are summoned when they are literally physically attached to her and part of her model at all times?

you say "because they are (summoned)"

then you say "yes they exist at all times"

you are completely incoherent. i have to ask you - are you alright?

5 hours ago, Pshyis said:

Otherwise regulators shouldn't be exalted either since they are attached to mesa's model at all times as well. 

...Except they're actually not attached to her. Her regulators have their own separate model and this is proved with Mesa's deluxe bundle being the only way to change their appearance. (and the fact that they're separately customizable in the first place)

Hence the Tennogen submitted by the community not having those guns included either.

P.S: Happy 100th post of this thread.

tenor.gif?itemid=5499505

Archived