29.3.2 Garuda's Talons and Exalted melee still broken

DoveCannon

hace 12 minutos, DoveCannon dijo:

There are no patch notes backing this statement up. Things were working as expected one patch, then the next they weren't. Also Garuda's Talons aren't exalted weapons and yet are still effected by this.

Because they do secretly, that thing always was like that after one update is the same for all exalted weapons

1 minute ago, xlPreXiioNzlx said:

They statement in one post that nerf for exalted weapons. Garuda Talons always was not affected by these mods same happen with baruuk

Please provide proof for your first statement. I'm a Valkyr main and I can assure you the Gladiator set bonus was working for exalted melees before 27.5.4 and there's nothing in that patch saying exalted melees were nerfed. As for your second statement that's just flat wrong. Garuda's Talons could equip and can equip the acolyte mods and were effected by them like any other melee.

hace 3 minutos, DoveCannon dijo:

Please provide proof for your first statement. I'm a Valkyr main and I can assure you the Gladiator set bonus was working for exalted melees before 27.5.4 and there's nothing in that patch saying exalted melees were nerfed. As for your second statement that's just flat wrong. Garuda's Talons could equip and can equip the acolyte mods and were effected by them like any other melee.

And im telling you they do that secretly, i think when melee 3.0 comes out they said gladiator mod set doesn't affect exalted weapons anymore

hace 6 minutos, DoveCannon dijo:

I never questioned that, but until they come out and say it's intended we have no reason not to assume it's a bug.

It's intented because they nerfed secretly, like i said now gladiator bonus doesn't affect exalted weapons anymore and that include garuda talons

17 minutes ago, xlPreXiioNzlx said:

It's intented because they nerfed secretly, like i said now gladiator bonus doesn't affect exalted weapons anymore and that include garuda talons

This is the "bug report" forum, not "tell everyone their bugs are secret nerfs" forum. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation about this bug or proof that it's not a bug then please take your comments somewhere else.

hace 24 minutos, DoveCannon dijo:

This is the "bug report" forum, not "tell everyone their bugs are secret nerfs" forum. If you don't have anything to add to the conversation about this bug or proof that it's not a bug then please take your comments somewhere else.

You do a question and that is your answer, isn't my problem that you don't want to believe when there are a lot of post that state the nerf about exalted weapons. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ so idk why you don't search first instead of saying this.

3 minutes ago, xlPreXiioNzlx said:

You do a question and that is your answer, isn't my problem that you don't want to believe when there are a lot of post that state the nerf about exalted weapons. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ so idk why you don't search first instead of saying this.

Please provide proof. So far you've been all bark and no bite.

13 minutes ago, xlPreXiioNzlx said:

You continually state that this is an intended issue and that DE themselves stated so, so then why are there so many threads all asking why Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds no longer work with her talons and why the Gladiator set bonus is no longer applying when the "Melee 3.0" changes you mentioned occurred back in 26.0 and these issues did not occur until 27.5.4? How about you try a search first instead of saying this?

unknown.png

I'm still not certain DE doesn't see it as a bug fix, despite the work around for it existing. Patch 23.0.2 featured this as a patch note:

Fixed UI displaying double Set Mod bonuses when equipped on a regular and Exalted weapon. Set Mods only affect regular Melee weapons.

And set mods from update 23 through phase 1 of melee 3.0 looked like this when equipped to EWs:

Uwm3N4E.jpg

And DE hasn't said a word about it either way I've been able to find since update 23.0.2.

The set bonus still actually works on exalted weapons right now, they just can't actually build the bonus. If you throw the mods onto your normal melee, build a combo with that regular melee weapon, your exalted weapon will benefit from the glad set bonus until you lose the combo on the normal melee.

9 hours ago, nooneyouknow13 said:

I'm still not certain DE doesn't see it as a bug fix, despite the work around for it existing. Patch 23.0.2 featured this as a patch note:

And set mods from update 23 through phase 1 of melee 3.0 looked like this when equipped to EWs:

Uwm3N4E.jpg

And DE hasn't said a word about it either way I've been able to find since update 23.0.2.

The set bonus still actually works on exalted weapons right now, they just can't actually build the bonus. If you throw the mods onto your normal melee, build a combo with that regular melee weapon, your exalted weapon will benefit from the glad set bonus until you lose the combo on the normal melee.

The backwards way of using the Gladiator set bonus, by getting combo with your regular melee and then switching to your exalted melee, sounds very backwards to me and like a bug in itself. I know that prior to 27.5.4 exalted melees were only able to benefit from gladiator set mods equipped on other equipment, not themselves. This also sounds a little backwards to me, but at least the exalted melees felt normal in combat. DE even acknowledged this backwards interaction when they nerfed the Xoris. The Xoris fit this backwards interaction by giving exalted melees infinite duration combo count to benefit from the Gladiator set bonus. It was then nerfed to reset the combo count upon hitting with an exalted melee. So DE knows about the backwards interaction and prefers to leave it as is and nerf an otherwise fine weapon because of a bug they still haven't officially stated is a bug or a feature.

On another note I don't know where you got your screenshot, but I checked in game and the set bonus still shows up when modding exalted melees.

BEpHccy.pngUZuBJmE.png

16 hours ago, xlPreXiioNzlx said:

Remember how at the start of this thread, I praised the folks here for being more open minded about game breaking bugs genuinely existing and not just blindly assume that there's always some hidden agenda behind DE's spaghetti code flipping on itself?

On 2020-07-19 at 10:13 PM, Gashryo said:

If nothing else, I'm glad that other people besides me here are taking notice of this being a legit bug and not being apologists about DE potentially stealth nerfing weapons for no good reason.

Yeeeeah, that was nice while it lasted.... 

tenor.gif?itemid=7398431

8 hours ago, DoveCannon said:

The backwards way of using the Gladiator set bonus, by getting combo with your regular melee and then switching to your exalted melee, sounds very backwards to me and like a bug in itself. I know that prior to 27.5.4 exalted melees were only able to benefit from gladiator set mods equipped on other equipment, not themselves. This also sounds a little backwards to me, but at least the exalted melees felt normal in combat. DE even acknowledged this backwards interaction when they nerfed the Xoris. The Xoris fit this backwards interaction by giving exalted melees infinite duration combo count to benefit from the Gladiator set bonus. It was then nerfed to reset the combo count upon hitting with an exalted melee. So DE knows about the backwards interaction and prefers to leave it as is and nerf an otherwise fine weapon because of a bug they still haven't officially stated is a bug or a feature.

On another note I don't know where you got your screenshot, but I checked in game and the set bonus still shows up when modding exalted melees.

BEpHccy.pngUZuBJmE.png

The screen shot I posted was how set mods looked on exalted weapons from the moment they became separately moddable in u 23, up until the first phase of melee 3.0 when we got instant swapping of melees and guns in 24.4.2. Which is...exactly what I said.

Deimos has dropped. 2 entire mainline updates since this issue first cropped up. 6 frames and their variants are still dealing with their built-in weapons unable to make use of crit builds at all. 0 word on if this is a bug or an intentional kneecapping of frames that really didn't need it. Come on DE, I thought you said you wanted to be transparent with your playerbase. Just tell us.

Might as well throw my hat in the ring for this cause. I could swear Bloodrush and Gladiator mods were working properly once for her talons ... But considering that Garuda's talons still go back to their default look when using the Garuda successor skin in Railjack (and that has been reported over and over, for months, too) I am not surprised this issue also hasn't been fixed already. Garuda in general seems to be very low on the priority list (especially right now with the launch of a new content update). Remember when DE teased a Leverian entry for Garuda maybe 1 or 2 months ago? Yeah. Nothing since then. Not a peep. 

Oh well. 😔

Archived