Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk millions of damage? Is it even balance for the game?

HonGenome

So yeah, I was wondering "what's the point of making high-end weapon while someone out there completely 1 hit everything by only using 'E' button on their keyboard and deal Millions of damage, AOE, Stat stick"

All of my weapons with godly riven be like:

"Ah S#&$, here we go again, time to afk ye?"

My thought:

"Oh wait, if you AFK, you will get reported and suspended"

Also my brain:

"But this Baruuk dude wiped all the enemies too fast"

Me again:

"Mehh, this game getting brok--, I mean Insane."

Warframe abilities should be stronger than weapons, otherwise there would be no point to ever use them. And Baruuk's exalted is heavily restricted in use, only in steel path are there even enough enemies to keep it running.

10 minutes ago, HonGenome said:

Stat stick

Just to clarify, Baruuk has his own Exalted melee weapon ( Serene Storm ) and doesn't use stat sticks like Khora or Atlas.

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Warframe abilities should be stronger than weapons, otherwise there would be no point to ever use them. And Baruuk's exalted is heavily restricted in use, only in steel path are there even enough enemies to keep it running.

This. ^

3 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

only in steel path are there even enough enemies to keep it running

Dunno, I can keep up Serene Storm for the entire mission, usually.

Low Duration & high Efficiency (also ~some Range) to keep tagging lotsa enemies with Lull, bam, done.

7 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Or the ability should be an addition to the weapon, and not replace it completely. It depends on what point you are looking at. If the ability is strong, you will get a severe restriction, but if the ability will help the weapon, then you will most likely always have it at hand. Choose.

It just my opinion, but these overpowered frames are way too extreme, the gap from other's frame like Ash, Nidus, etc.

Now player selling a lot of riven with high price trying to sell a lot of things, farm so many hours got beaten by E button from Baruuk? It doesn't make sense to me

What doesn't make sense if your god riven fires into these enemies, they shouldn't be around for baruuk to proc off of, because I get yelled at all the time for not letting Baruuk finish his crouching tiger hidden dragon montage, cause you know I'm here to finish the sortie/survival/conduit, not watch someone make whuf whuf noises for an hour.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb HonGenome:

It just my opinion, but these overpowered frames are way too extreme, the gap from other's frame like Ash, Nidus, etc.

Now player selling a lot of riven with high price trying to sell a lot of things, farm so many hours got beaten by E button from Baruuk? It doesn't make sense to me

I mean that really depends on what your opinion of OP is. Mirage was nerfed because her ability to blind entire maps was OP. Some think being able to kill level 40 enemies with one ability press is OP. Some think easily doing long endurance runs is OP - which would make Ash OP. I could go on, but it's already getting boring.

Point is, if frames are "op" in certain fields they aren't in other fields.

Baruuk is fine and the way you have to play to upkeep his 4 is arguably one of the most annoying ways you have to play. Might as well reward people who bother with it.

meanwhile excalibur trying to kill stuff with radial javelin and chroma spectral screaming like a crying baby

no sorry some skills aint as strong as my lato with riven lol no need for riven acrually everything is strong than radial javelin and spectral scream in that game

21 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You do know that Nidus has an infinite scaling, do you?

but no armor shredding, so nidus can farm his millions of mutation stacks but it doesnt matter if enemy will absorb 95% of the damage anyway.

il y a 41 minutes, HonGenome a dit :

So yeah, I was wondering "what's the point of making high-end weapon while someone out there completely 1 hit everything by only using 'E' button on their keyboard and deal Millions of damage, AOE, Stat stick"

Ho at first i thought you were going to say by "pressing 4" 😉

You realize that in many case a baruuk would not have time to do anything before every mob in 40m radius is already killed by a mesa, a equinox, a mirage, saryn, volt and a couple  more frames or any decent weapon with a good aoe?
Also you can do millions of damage with just a melee (not even high end) and in most case it does not mather if you do 100k or 1 million damage since it's overkill anyway... 

Thanks for all of your opinion, really appreciate it. I just wonder how other players think about it, but still, I prefer to have a few changes or balance in the future, if Baruuk skill 4 consuming a huge amount of energy (for example like banshee's skill 4), that will better, I mean, it shouldn't become a neverending OP skill which you can spam it from the start to the end of the game, okay maybe not only Baruuk, but other OP skills should need a huge amount of energy to cast/sec. That's just one of my opinion, what you guys think?.

Baruuk ramps up to 12x to get red crits via bug (because otherwise it's currently impossible to get guaranteed red crits with him), gains restraint by temporary sacrificing killing efficiency (and btw, also fights with other DPS on his team for it), to get a chance to kill a bunch of lvl150 heavy gunners in one combo. Meanwhile, khora ramps up to 12x to get red crits fair and square, presses 2, then 1, and everything in 10m radius (ignoring obstacles) takes like 30 millions of raw damage - "seems legit". 

1 hour ago, Aeon94 said:

Just to clarify, Baruuk has his own Exalted melee weapon ( Serene Storm ) and doesn't use stat sticks like Khora or Atlas.

It does use a stat stick, just in a different way. You build it for quick combo stacking (true punishment redeemer or relentless venka) and combo duration to get effect of gladiator mod set bonus on desert wind because it's currently bugged and works only off you normal melee combo counter.

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

Warframe abilities should be stronger than weapons

Hope this will be true for exalted blade one day.

On 2020-07-10 at 12:44 PM, HonGenome said:

The moment DE starts to balance the game around rivens is the moment Warframe as a game dies. Rivens should be ignored for balance, and anyone who argues otherwise should also be ignored.

2 hours ago, TangyBlueBerry said:

The moment DE starts to balance the game around rivens is the moment Warframe as a game dies. Rivens should be ignored for balance, and anyone who argues otherwise should also be ignored.

Well they nerfed Xoris because it was threatening the riven market. So I’m going to say they’ve already started balancing around rivens.

38 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well they nerfed Xoris because it was threatening the riven market. So I’m going to say they’ve already started balancing around rivens.

They didn't. You can infer that, but that's putting words in their mouth.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

How do you do, comrade? I see you have noticed a nail that sticks out. It must immediately be hammered for the sake of conformity- I mean balance.

Ahh, but do we tap it in with focus and concentration...

Spoiler

...or whack at it until it is embedded into the wood?

Spoiler

thick-old-nails-embedded-wood-11533984.j

21 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well the reason they said they nerfed it it just factually untrue. So it’s only sensible to assume that there was a different reason.

So it's not true that the Xoris gave access to a massive amounts of damage from one simple build-up of the melee combo counter to certain Warframe abilities? It wasn't just a tool of convenience, it was easy access to consistent, high DPS with little drawback. 

Archived