Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent on the hunt to buy Warframe? (Deal not confirmed/final)

NerdyJew-bij
Message added by Letter13

Please remember to keep discussion civil. No, this isn't the end of Warframe. The same sort of over-sensationalized prophesying happened 4+ years ago when Leyou (formerly Sumpo) bought shares in DE; people said it'd turn into 'all-lootboxes' and 'pay-to-win' and that DE 'would have zero control' and guess what? All bupkis.

Speculation is fine, as long as you're cognizant of the difference between opinions and facts, and as long as you're not spreading misinformation (intentionally or not). If you feel so strongly about this that want to leave the game, that's your prerogative (and loss) and is also fine.

I am less concerned with what Tencent would do to Warframe's development and more concerned with the consequences of having one of my favourite games under the control of a corporate wing of the Chinese government. The same Chinese government that controls Huawei, which makes communications hardware with security backdoors in it, and TikTok, which is a pile of ass and spyware with a social network bolted to the side like a cupholder.

Oh right, and the same Chinese government that seems to regard the crimes against humanity committed by other imperialist powers as a #*!%ing to-do list.

I don't want buying plat to feel like doing business with Volkswagen in the early forties.

7 minutes ago, LXSL8 said:

I am less concerned with what Tencent would do to Warframe's development and more concerned with the consequences of having one of my favourite games under the control of a corporate wing of the Chinese government. The same Chinese government that controls Huawei, which makes communications hardware with security backdoors in it, and TikTok, which is a pile of ass and spyware with a social network bolted to the side like a cupholder.

As I have repeatedly reported, this is not an issue.

Canadian data privacy law is rock-solid, and since Warframe will continue to be developed in Canada unless some the buyout for some reason stipulates a re-negotation of the contracts of every subsidiary studio (which I can't see any reason why it would, financially speaking), there's no practical way for Tencent to get spyware into Warframe, at least not any that would compromise your identity, or even your opinions.

12 minutes ago, LXSL8 said:

Oh right, and the same Chinese government that seems to regard the crimes against humanity committed by other imperialist powers as a #*!%ing to-do list.

I don't want buying plat to feel like doing business with Volkswagen in the early forties.

That I can't help with, past a consoling comment that any financial support you lend would be going through numerous filters. First, DE itself, since they do get a cut. Then Leyou. And even once it does go to Tencent, the largest shareholder of Tencent is Prosus (30% or so), which is based in the Netherlands.

now ive been following these talks since dec last year they have been dismissed and put on burner repeatedly even before covid,  and that idream (10cent backed) has bid, and lowered bid repeatedly , even 

a given is that sony made a bid recently and then tencent went with haste to secure a time gate for discussion for sale. makes me think they are fearful and i wonder what they did to procure that "window" myself

however i think in all honesty sony would be a better owner of leyou-(de) , as they do have access to plenty of studios and technology that is rather impressive and would more then likely would be able to have de take full advantage to produce high quality content at faster rates. as it offers sony large profits from not just their platform which has exclusives already, but every other platform and that de is going to do cross save (not cross play as of yet thats in the air) that even further ties inter play with platforms to better serve their owner 

this is simply my opinion, but its one ive been thinking on with best interest to the players and the game devs as a whole 

Ok, since we're back at equating Tencent and the CCP let us repeat some facts:

TENCENT IS NOT THE CCP!

- There is only 1 Chinese shareholder left in the top 10, and he only has a third to a fourth of the shares of the biggest shareholder.

- They are incorporated on the Cayman Islands, not China.

- CCP policies are hurting their bottomline as well. It's not their choice Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter World and other games in their portfolio are banned AS IT COSTS THEM MONEY. And shareholders, who are overwhelmingly not Chinese want their sweet, sweet dividend payments like shareholders everywhere.

- It's not their choice Chinese regulators want access to WeChat and other social media. Same goes for Alibaba, Facebook, Twitter and everybody else who operates in China.

- Leyou getting taken over by Tencent means LESS of your money goes to the CCP, because, unlike Leyou, Tencent is not incorporated there and the management fees and dividends flow OUTSIDE of China, by way of the Cayman Islands to shareholders all over the world, from South Africa to the EU to the US.

- Tencent actually has a very good reputation for daring to take chances, investing heavily and than leaving their investments the independence and freedom to let them make the holding money, because they trust the judgement of their investment people being right more often than wrong.

TLDR: Tencent is not Huawei and is about as Chinese as your favorite Asian take-out place. Whatever you have read about them being the hand-puppet of the CCP is wrong. There are no government-owned multinationals in the world's top 10 most valuable companies, which, make no mistake, is what they are. They are in other words a standard multinational, with actual shareholders from all over the globe and about as evil as the rest of those global top 10 multinationals, which is to say fairly so, but of the more mundane, petty kind to be found in any profit-hunting outfit of that size operating all over the world. 

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

Ok, since we're back at equating Tencent and the CCP let us repeat some facts:

Considering that you earlier were claiming that Tencent wasn't bidding for DE, even though they clearly were and then the official announcement made it undeniable, why on earth should anyone listen to you for "facts".

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

TENCENT IS NOT THE CCP!

Your entire post is completely and utterly wrong. Tencent is notorious for having very close ties to the Chinese government and a lot of people regard it just as bad, if not worse than Huawei, due to the fact it has its fingers in so many pies and owns a lot of tech companies. One of which is WeChat which has over a billion users alone and they provably relay all of users data back to the CCP authorities.

They also regular censor any sort of criticism/discussion of Chinese politics both at home and abroad in the apps they control.

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

It's not their choice Chinese regulators want access to WeChat and other social media. Same goes for Alibaba, Facebook, Twitter and everybody else who operates in China.

Actually, it is. Those companies choose to sell out to China, just like Activision-Blizzard and other companies do.

And besides, who actually cares whether or not Tencent don't want to comply with the CCP. There stance on the matter makes zero difference. The only thing that matters is that they do and they do it pretty much 24/7. 

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

Tencent is not Huawei and is about as Chinese as your favorite Asian take-out place.

Tencent is a Chinese multinational conglomerate based in and whose main headquarters is located in China, and is about as CCP as it gets. You really are trying so hard to downplay just how bad Tencent actually is in terms of violating user rights and giving info to CCP authorities. Though I'm not so surprised, considering that earlier you were also comparing anyone with genuine dislike and distrust for the repressive regime, to crackhead morons like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers. 

Tencent is essentially a branch of the CCP. Whether they want to be or not is entirely irrelevant as they provably comply with the oppressive government and that is what matters at the end of the day, not the fee-fees of the people working there.

1 hour ago, Angwah said:

Leyou getting taken over by Tencent means LESS of your money goes to the CCP,

I don't want any money going to the CCP. Why should we be celebrating the fact that an oppressive genocidal regime is getting slightly less money from people in the West as opposed to not getting any at all.

This post just makes it look like you want people to feel sorry for Tencent, one of if not the worst company in the world regarding privacy and freedom of speech and you think we should just give them a pass simply because "oh its not their choice". That does not matter. They are complicit in the CCP's repression whether they agree with it or not. Stop trying to defend this awful company and do not act like we should be grateful that they are taking over.

2 hours ago, Angwah said:

TENCENT IS NOT THE CCP!

Wrong.

But people like you only reinforces why I will stop supporting warframe and playing all together if Tencent is successful in buying the game. Tencent is directly controlled by the Chinese Government, and they are so committed to censorship, that they will even tank their own stock market billions of dollars in the name of enforcing censorship.

Example A:
 A stock price tumble wiped out over $15 billion in Tencent’s market value amid concerns about its gaming revenue. The fall came after regulators blocked the sale of blockbuster game “Monster Hunter: World” on Tencent’s WeGame platform.

You can easily find credible sources reporting on this. Here is one collaborating source.
https://www.shacknews.com/article/106704/tencent-share-price-drops-after-china-bans-monster-hunter-world-sales-on-wegame

"
While this is a bad sign of things to come for sales of games in China, Tencent is profiting off of other investments in the video game industry. The company owns 40% of Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, and are sharing in the vast profits from the ongoing mania surrounding the battle royale game. It is never good to hear of a game being banned in such a large market, "

Unsure why you support a company that is willing to deny customers what they want, ban any games from Animal Crossing to Monster Hunter, and be extremely terrible as a company.
Just means you are one more person to ignore.

24 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Wrong.

But people like you only reinforces why I will stop supporting warframe and playing all together if Tencent is successful in buying the game. Tencent is directly controlled by the Chinese Government, and they are so committed to censorship, that they will even tank their own stock market billions of dollars in the name of enforcing censorship.

Example A:
 A stock price tumble wiped out over $15 billion in Tencent’s market value amid concerns about its gaming revenue. The fall came after regulators blocked the sale of blockbuster game “Monster Hunter: World” on Tencent’s WeGame platform.

You can easily find credible sources reporting on this. Here is one collaborating source.
https://www.shacknews.com/article/106704/tencent-share-price-drops-after-china-bans-monster-hunter-world-sales-on-wegame

"
While this is a bad sign of things to come for sales of games in China, Tencent is profiting off of other investments in the video game industry. The company owns 40% of Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, and are sharing in the vast profits from the ongoing mania surrounding the battle royale game. It is never good to hear of a game being banned in such a large market, "

Unsure why you support a company that is willing to deny customers what they want, ban any games from Animal Crossing to Monster Hunter, and be extremely terrible as a company.
Just means you are one more person to ignore.

You are aware that tencent doesn’t ban the games but the CCP does right? And tencent isn’t even majorly owned by a majority of Chinese people. You also quote shack news? Also in the article it never says they are willing to tank their own stock. Also tencent isn’t directly controlled by the ccp. Where can you find where this is located because every other credible source shows otherwise. 

Look you guys can be worried but the down right hate of a company you’re misinformed about is weird imo. And then the blatant times where some times you ignore a source to continue to argue something that really isn’t true is kinda odd to me as well. 

so many rumors about tencent and CCP, I wanted to tell you guys some truth, but I suddenly find out that you don't need truth,  all you need is a imagined enemy in politics.  The biggest victims of tencent buying warframe are players in China mainland, we are the one who should be worried. Plays outside China have nothing to worry or complain about.

你们的言论过于具有迷惑性,以至于我无法分辨你们究竟是反串、钓鱼,或是真的无知。

没有人是内鬼,抑或人人都是内鬼

May your gold bless you all……

24 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Considering that you earlier were claiming that Tencent wasn't bidding for DE, even though they clearly were and then the official announcement made it undeniable, why on earth should anyone listen to you for "facts".

Because they were not involved at that point? 

It was just a bidding war between Sony and iDreamSky, in which Tencent was just a minor shareholder with no executive control. This is in fact proven now by Tencent now stepping in and making a bid of their own?

27 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Your entire post is completely and utterly wrong. Tencent is notorious for having very close ties to the Chinese government and a lot of people regard it just as bad, if not worse than Huawei, due to the fact it has its fingers in so many pies and owns a lot of tech companies. One of which is WeChat which has over a billion users alone and they provably relay all of users data back to the CCP authorities.

They also regular censor any sort of criticism/discussion of Chinese politics both at home and abroad in the apps they control.

And yet you can go look and fact-check everything I say. Their top 10 shareholders and how much they own is public domain as is where they are incorporated, namely the Cayman Islands. As are their tensions with the government and being hurt by the various bans. At one point they didn't get any license for over 6 months. So much for those close ties.

All social media in China must give access to Chinese regulators. Not just WeChat. All of them. WeChat is not an outlier, just the biggest and in no way an exception.

Oh, and if you dig further you will discover that ALL criticism/discussion of Chinese politics, at home as well as abroad gets censored, independent of platform, app or anything. Again, just the Great Chinese Firewall at work, and not the work of any single company.

34 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Actually, it is. Those companies choose to sell out to China, just like Activision-Blizzard and other companies do.

And besides, who actually cares whether or not Tencent don't want to comply with the CCP. There stance on the matter makes zero difference. The only thing that matters is that they do and they do it pretty much 24/7. 

Than so does every company which does business in China, has Chinese investors or has their supply lines running through there.

Which is, in fact, every business of note. The CCP may be an oppressive regime, but that does not make the Chinese people or doing business there 'evil'. 

44 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Tencent is a Chinese multinational conglomerate based in and whose main headquarters is located in China, and is about as CCP as it gets. You really are trying so hard to downplay just how bad Tencent actually is in terms of violating user rights and giving info to CCP authorities. Though I'm not so surprised, considering that earlier you were also comparing anyone with genuine dislike and distrust for the repressive regime, to crackhead morons like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers. 

Tencent is essentially a branch of the CCP. Whether they want to be or not is entirely irrelevant as they provably comply with the oppressive government and that is what matters at the end of the day, not the fee-fees of the people working there.

And again, owned only in small part by Chinese investors, and not even incorporated there.

Please, do feel free to keep on repeating how a company with an overwhelming majority of non-Chinese shareholders and its fiscal headquarters outside of China, which matters a great deal more than where the shiny corporate tower the CEO calls home is standing, is the handpuppet of the CCP or a branch of their government. This nonsense, this blatant denial of easily-

56 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

I don't want any money going to the CCP. Why should we be celebrating the fact that an oppressive genocidal regime is getting slightly less money from people in the West as opposed to not getting any at all.

This post just makes it look like you want people to feel sorry for Tencent, one of if not the worst company in the world regarding privacy and freedom of speech and you think we should just give them a pass simply because "oh its not their choice". That does not matter. They are complicit in the CCP's repression whether they agree with it or not. Stop trying to defend this awful company and do not act like we should be grateful that they are taking over.

verified, objective reality in favor of feverish conspiracy theories is what I compared to anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers, not the fact the CCP is an undemocratic regime responsible for a whole slew of human rights violations which I have at no point denied.

As you well know as this is not the first time you attempt to put words in my mouth.

57 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

It's a globalized world economy and China, as well as other oppressive and genocidal regimes, are major market places which will not be ignored by the multinationals of this world. Bemoan the fact as much as you wish, but unless you top consuming altogether and go live in a cave, a portion of your money will always flow those places. Not that is matters as effecting regime change through economic sanctions and boycotts has never been successful. I invite you to check out Russia, Iran, North-Korea, Cuba and that list goes on and on. 

And how on earth do you come to the conclusion that I want anyone to feel sorry for Tencent? It's in the world's top 10 of most valuable companies! What is there to be sorry for? They are wildly successful and richer than most nation states! I explicitely stated that they, like all the others in that list are no angels.

All I am debunking here is that they are the extension of the CCP, or in any way or shape responsible for the policies of the Chinese government, but subject to them like everyone else who operates or lives in that country.

1 hour ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Example A:

o.O I just... How can you pretend these facts which support your position when in fact they support mine?

The fall came after regulators blocked the sale of blockbuster game “Monster Hunter: World” on Tencent’s WeGame platform.

Yes, CCP regulators blocked their release, not Tencent.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

A stock price tumble wiped out over $15 billion in Tencent’s market value

In fact it hurt Tencent a lot. What on earth makes you say Tencent and its owners are in any way, shape or form responsible or even remotely happy about this!?

"While this is a bad sign of things to come for sales of games in China, Tencent is profiting off of other investments in the video game industry. The company owns 40% of Epic Games, the creators of Fortnite, and are sharing in the vast profits from the ongoing mania surrounding the battle royale game. It is never good to hear of a game being banned in such a large market, "

This is indeed bad news for selling games in China, and means that a large market is becoming more and more unattractive, but Tencent is also active outside of China and will be increasingly so as they are pushed away from there, alongside all other companies active in that market. What is your point?

Other quotes from the very article you linked:

'This is a monstrous blow for the Chinese online game storefront.'

'A source close to WeGame told the Financial Times that "bureaucratic infighting" inside China's new media regulator led to the removal of the game. Monster Hunter: World has sold over eight million copies of the game before its PC release. WeGame had the game for sale on August 8, and the one million customers who were lucky enough to buy the game before its removal by regulators will be able to apply for a full refund if they apply before August 20.'

Nowhere in that article is it even vaguely implied that Tencent itself had a choice in the matter. On the contrary, it stresses that this move screws them over in huge way, proving that they are very much not in favor with the powers that be, on the contrary even...

21 minutes ago, Angwah said:

o.O I just... How can you pretend these facts which support your position when in fact they support mine?

I don't pretend. 

Tencent knows full well that Censorship hurts them. You pretend that you are right, despite Tencent having a long history of censoring games. They know it hurts their bottom lime. Censoring Monster Hunter World wiped 15 billion dollars from their stock price. This isn't the first time they have done it. Nor will it be the last. 

What did they do? Did they freak out about losing 15 billion in stocks? Nope. Did they try to undo the damage? Nope. Did they change their censorship practices so they never make this same mistake again? 

Nope. 

China and Tencent care more about Censorship then they do money. Hence they banned Monster Hunter World several years ago, then banned Animal Crossing today. China cares about controlling their people first, and money second. 

The facts 100% support me, while you are looking more and more brain dead by the minute. Me personally? If I lose money, I take action not to lose money again. As mentioned, China wants censorship first. 

Can you buy Monster Hunter World in China today? No?... Whhaaaaaaa. 

How about the New Animal Crossing? NO???? 

I question your intelligence, or your lack of intelligence. 

27 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Yes, CCP regulators blocked their release, not Tencent.

They are one and the same. Who's stocks fell? That's right. Tencent's stocks fell. 

Who lost money when Animal Crossing was banned? ah. Tencent. 

Which company is control of the censorship regulations to release games in China? Definitely Tencent- 

28 minutes ago, Angwah said:

In fact it hurt Tencent a lot.

Not enough for anyone to care. Monster Hunter World is still banned in China despite being one of Capcom's most successful games in recent memory. Still banned in China. 

29 minutes ago, Angwah said:

Tencent and its owners are in any way, shape or form responsible or even remotely happy about this!?

Because Tencent is owned and run by the Socialist government. The owners are completely responsible when they make the censorship rules. 

China could have a government that values people's rights, values principles like free speech and so on. They don't. They prioritize censorship and control above all else. 

Tencent and China will get as little money from me as humanly possible. 

31 minutes ago, Angwah said:

'This is a monstrous blow for the Chinese online game storefront.'

Yet they never learned their lesson to stop censorship. 

Has China ceased censoring games? Did Tencent relax on its censorship policies? 

No. Hence, you are wrong. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Tencent knows full well that Censorship hurts them. You pretend that you are right, despite Tencent having a long history of censoring games. They know it hurts their bottom lime. Censoring Monster Hunter World wiped 15 billion dollars from their stock price. This isn't the first time they have done it. Nor will it be the last.

Name a western game censored by tencent go! 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Name a western game censored by tencent go! 

Fortnite, Pubg, Monster Hunter World, Animal Crossing, Plague Inc,Battlefield 4, Command and conquer. 

Additionally Tencent has games change their in game content before they are released. No gore or violence, nothing that could imply gambling, even if no gambling is involved in gameplay. 

No skulls, and other requirements. 

Why else would Tencent's stocks drop-- So odd that when Monster Hunter was banned- Tencent, a totally unrelated company lost 15 billion, and nobody cared to fix it- 

Face it. You are wrong.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

I question your intelligence, or your lack of intelligence. 

They are one and the same. Who's stocks fell? That's right. Tencent's stocks fell. 

Who lost money when Animal Crossing was banned? ah. Tencent. 

Which company is control of the censorship regulations to release games in China? Definitely Tencent- 

Not enough for anyone to care. Monster Hunter World is still banned in China despite being one of Capcom's most successful games in recent memory. Still banned in China. 

Because Tencent is owned and run by the Socialist government. The owners are completely responsible when they make the censorship rules. 

China could have a government that values people's rights, values principles like free speech and so on. They don't. They prioritize censorship and control above all else. 

Tencent and China will get as little money from me as humanly possible. 

Yet they never learned their lesson to stop censorship. 

Has China ceased censoring games? Did Tencent relax on its censorship policies? 

No. Hence, you are wrong. 

And people wonder why I compare this sort of tinfoil hat thinking to anti-vaxers or flat-earthers?

The CCP makes the rules and enforces them. What on earth makes you think Tencent has a say in this? They. Don't. Make. The. Rules.

As for the CCP owning and running Tencent? This is Tencent (just the top 10, everything smaller doesn't matter):

Shareholders Tencent Holdings Limited (KYG875721634)Tencent Holdings Limited (US)
Name Equities %
Naspers Limited 2,961,223,600 31.0%
Hua Teng Ma 804,859,700 8.42%
The Vanguard Group, Inc. 202,389,074 2.12%
BlackRock Fund Advisors 105,913,631 1.11%
Temasek Holdings Pte Ltd. (Investment Management) 85,683,400 0.90%
Baillie Gifford & Co. 85,182,471 0.89%
Norges Bank Investment Management 80,400,027 0.84%
Fidelity Management & Research Co. LLC 79,986,643 0.84%
T. Rowe Price Associates, Inc. (Investment Management) 71,018,016 0.74%
JPMorgan Investment Management, Inc. 55,846,017 0.58%

Naspers: South-African, Hua Teng Ma, aka 'Pony Ma': Chinese, The Vanguard Group: US, BlackRock: US, Temasek: Singapore, Baille Gifford: UK, Norges: Norway, Fidelity Management: US, T. Rowe Price: US, JPMorgan: US.

And from their SEC report:

Tencent Holdings Ltd, SEC CIK #0001293451

Tencent Holdings Ltd is registered with the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission and incorporated in the state of Cayman Islands.

Company Details
Reporting File Number 082-34792
State of Incorporation CAYMAN ISLANDS
Date of Edgar Filing Update 2011-05-23
Business Address
ROOM 3506, 35TH FLOOR
TOWER 2, LIPPO CENTRE
ADMIRALTY K3 00000
Business Phone 86-755-86013388
Mailing Address
ROOM 3506, 35TH FLOOR
TOWER 2, LIPPO CENTRE
ADMIRALTY
K3

But yeah, sure, a CCP sockpuppet, with a bunch of global big name owners who are definitely not Chinese and happily miss out on billions just to help censor the Chinese because... reasons.

1 minute ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Fortnite, Pubg, Monster Hunter World, Animal Crossing, Plague Inc,Battlefield 4, Command and conquer. 

Additionally Tencent has games change their in game content before they are released. No gore or violence, nothing that could imply gambling, even if no gambling is involved in gameplay. 

No skulls, and other requirements. 

Why else would Tencent's stocks drop-- So odd that when Monster Hunter was banned- Tencent, a totally unrelated company lost 15 billion, and nobody cared to fix it- 

Face it. You are wrong.

And where were they censored? In the west or in China? Because they have a long track record of being hands of with western ips because they have the freedom to do such. 

and that’s due to China’s regulations 

via the SAPP

https://nikopartners.com/game-regulations-in-china-everything-you-need-to-know/

The state of China enforces such no company has the power to go over these regulations and must abide by such. Not tencent nobody has the power to get by it. 

Also the skulls thing is due to chinesee culture. My friend in Beijing explained that to me and said it sucks but the govement dosent like that type of stuff 

“MHW was released on Tencent’s WeGame platform on August 8, one day before being made available on Steam. The company said it had already secured one million pre-orders on the platform, but Tencent has now removed it after the government revoked its operating license—the result of a “significant number of complaints.” It didn’t reveal any specifics about the complaints, but the Financial Times reports that a person close to WeGame said the removal was actually caused by bureaucratic infighting at China’s new media regulator.” 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/news/75934-chinese-regulators-force-tencent-remove-monster-hunter-world.html

Every article is saying that tencent was fighting to keep the game in their launcher. Tencent’s we game launcher which allows Chinese lads to play some games. That’s why tencent was affected. And they don’t have the power to go above a govement body and say well no we’re going to keep our game in stores even though you demanded it to be gone. Now if these people from these companies popped up missing how the Eastern govement is known for doing we’d have a bigger issue at hand rather then people losing money.

even your own soruce told you your wrong. It seems that you just hate anything that’s China related and well if that’s the case..... good luck Charlie wimbledon 2015 maria GIF

Just now, Angwah said:

And people wonder why I compare this sort of tinfoil hat thinking to anti-vaxers or flat-earthers?

The fact of the matter is, you are in denial as much as they are. 

You just aren't honest enough to admit it. 

1 minute ago, Angwah said:

The CCP makes the rules and enforces them. What on earth makes you think Tencent has a say in this? They. Don't. Make. The. Rules.

It has long been understood that Tencent — the Chinese company that owns WeChat and QQ, two of the world's most widely used social media applications — facilitates Chinese government censorship and surveillance

and the Chinese government has played a huge role in Tencent’s growth. Not only are companies like Google and Facebook banned, e-commerce was also a big part of the Communist Party’s five-year plan spanning from 2011 to 2015. Combine that with a huge population that embraces tech more readily than many western markets, and you get a company that has become China’s first half-trillion dollar company.

Tencent and China have no problems agreeing on what to Censor. The Chinese Government helped built Tencent, and so when it comes to Tencent's game platform? 

Tencent is just as responsible. They help facilitate it after all. Did Tencent complain or try to compromise when it came to Monster Hunter World? Did the game get tweaked to follow regulations? Capcom was willing to make a Chinese version. 

But its the Tencent stocks that fall- 

Yeah. We are done here dude. You cannot convince me to support a company that openly supports censorship and surveillance. You are literally trying to defend a government run company that censors games because they don't like people talking bad about the government. 

Shill is a name that much better fits you.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Tencent is just as responsible. They help facilitate it after all. Did Tencent complain or try to compromise when it came to Monster Hunter World? Did the game get tweaked to follow regulations? Capcom was willing to make a Chinese version

They actually did lol. China just said no.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Tencent and China have no problems agreeing on what to Censor. The Chinese Government helped built Tencent, and so when it comes to Tencent's game platform?

They lad just showed you a chart that showed more over seas countries are in control of tencent than tencent so that Would be a global issue.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

And where were they censored? In the west or in China?

Oh believe me. China would love the opportunity to censor the entire world. 

It's called Propaganda. It's what happened when the World Health Organization was praising China's efforts containing the Corona Virus. 

Cause that turned out just great. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

and that’s due to China’s regulations 

Except Tencent was helped built by China, and openly supports the censorship.

I should have figured by your name of "SweatShawp" that you loved China. 

Does your sweat shop have suicide nets? That's how you know you are working at the premium Chinese workplace. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Not tencent nobody has the power to get by it. 

Seeing as Tencent was helped put in power by China, they have no interest getting by it either. 

Sorry, but I'm still never going to support Chinese company that engages in censoring or surveillance for the government. 

It is never going to happen. Ever. Not in your life time, not in million lifetimes. I will never choose to support Tencent. China is terrible, and you'll have to get used to that being a fact. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They actually did lol. China just said no.

Except they didn't. 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They lad just showed you a chart that showed more over seas countries are in control of tencent 

Oh, so how much say did those countries have, in releasing Monster Hunter World? 

They need to get that 15 billion dollars back. 

Oh wait, everything you two say is BS. Silly me. I almost forgot. 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Oh believe me. China would love the opportunity to censor the entire world. 

It's called Propaganda. It's what happened when the World Health Organization was praising China's efforts containing the Corona Virus. 

Cause that turned out just great. 

Except Tencent was helped built by China, and openly supports the censorship.

I should have figured by your name of "SweatShawp" that you loved China. 

Does your sweat shop have suicide nets? That's how you know you are working at the premium Chinese workplace. 

Seeing as Tencent was helped put in power by China, they have no interest getting by it either. 

Sorry, but I'm still never going to support Chinese company that engages in censoring or surveillance for the government. 

It is never going to happen. Ever. Not in your life time, not in million lifetimes. I will never choose to support Tencent. China is terrible, and you'll have to get used to that being a fact. 

But they can’t lmao.

and just how their own citizens were speaking up and the American gov and our president ignored warning and advising and America suffered way more then needed 

mans they don’t actually.  You’re using the same sjw logic you guys seem to condone once it’s used on you “they openly support this because x y” 

oh actually it’s a funny story behind my name  it’s sweatshawp because my friends call me a tryhard in any game and I added the shawp part because it’s funny.

also there aren’t any game end nets unless we’re talking about 1v1 nuketown or rust intervention. Have t lost one since mw days . 

But nice reach kid 

also as someone who was protesting and haven’t bought a acti blizzard game since the hearthstone incident idk about that one .

china didn’t put them solely in power as China didn’t create them from scratch it was and Is a global effort 

but you support our country who wants to bladestorm Snowden called in countless photon strikes on the Middle East (during our last president as well) and much much more that is just as bad about our country as their except we have freedom of speech. Yet our data is being sold to the govement by our isps? And unless you’re using tor (still not guaranteed safety) you’re STILL. Being tracked ?????? 

Youre on a smart phone with parts made where on a pc with chipsets made? Wearing clothes made? With resources from ? If you’re gonna boycott China go all the way dude

21 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Oh and we’re resorting to insults 🥴 cmon lad I live for the salt and people who lack intelligence to understand that someone who may have a differing opinion may be right in some regards. You gotta think harder kid

Don't speak about things you do not have. 

This post precisely proves how little interest you have in the topic and the discussion. You are in the buss picking a fight because you are simply 'one upping' people with your attitude. You don't care for the subject, you don't care for the truth, you don't care if other people are right or wrong. You came here just to be a troll for the sake of it. 

Should I be surprised? Is this a novelty? No, this simply shows your level of maturity. You can't respect other people's opinions

Haven’t I asked you multiple times if you’d like to debate this on a live platform off of this forum yet you seem to ignore that 🥴 but sure I don’t respect others views I’m such a terrible

person what does that say about you? Because we’re more alike then different lmao

see lad tell you what when you done dodging coming off the platform to talk about issues that “shouldn’t be on the platform”  let me know. I can source a neutral mediator during this event and we can be as professional as possible. Debate is one of my former hobbies! And I’d love to see you come against me live on a topic 

@(PS4)UltraKardas

You are grasping at straws. I have shown you the list of shareholders, I have shown you Tencent is not even incorporated in China. This is not even a recent development if you wonder about that.

Yes, the Chinese government is oppressive and controlling, and no, I am most certainly not defending that.

But no, Tencent is still not owned or run by the Chinese government, but a group of overwhelmingly non-Chinese owners, and yes, they are willing to follow Chinese regulations in order to do business there and make a profit. This does not mean they are responsible for those. The likes of Naspers, BlackRock, Vanguard, JPMorgan and the others on that list, even Pony Ma, are many things, and certainly not a force for good in the grand scheme of things, but they are not puppeteered by the CCP. And none of them is the sort to be happy after being forced to swallow to lose billions. They wouldn't do it to end world-hunger, eradicate cancer or reverse global warming, and they sure wouldn't do it willingly because they support censorship over their own, fat, bank account. That is just crazy talk!

Feel free to condemn Tencent and others for their willingness to do business in China and comply to the CCP's regulations. That is most definitely your prerogative. It should be enough, so don't drag in these absurd theories that run counter to the facts in front of your nose, which is that Tencent is owned by global venture capitalists from all corners of the earth, and that Chinese investors are just a minority shareholder.

To make my standpoint crystal-clear: I personally do not condemn businesses that are active in China, just its government, which I do condemn passionately. I believe having open trade is in the end a force for good. Unchecked capitalism less so, but that is another discussion. 

Just now, Angwah said:

@(PS4)UltraKardas

You are grasping at straws. I have shown you the list of shareholders, I have shown you Tencent is not even incorporated in China. This is not even a recent development if you wonder about that.

Yes, the Chinese government is oppressive and controlling, and no, I am most certainly not defending that.

But no, Tencent is still not owned or run by the Chinese government, but a group of overwhelmingly non-Chinese owners, and yes, they are willing to follow Chinese regulations in order to do business there and make a profit. This does not mean they are responsible for those. The likes of Naspers, BlackRock, Vanguard, JPMorgan and the others on that list, not even Pony Ma, are many things, and certainly not a force for good in the grand scheme of things, but they are not puppeteered by the CCP. And none of them is the sort to be happy after being forced to swallow to lose billions. They wouldn't do it to end world-hunger, eradicate cancer or reverse global warming, and they sure wouldn't do it willingly because they support censorship over their own, fat, bank account. That is just crazy talk!

Feel free to condemn Tencent and others for their willingness to do business in China and comply to the CCP's regulations. That is most definitely your prerogative. It should be enough, so don't drag in these absurd theories that run counter to the facts in front of your nose, which is that Tencent is owned by global venture capitalists from all corners of the earth, and that Chinese investors are just a minority shareholder.

To make my standpoint crystal-clear: I personally do not condemn businesses that are active in China, just its government, which I do condemn passionately. I believe having open trade is in the end a force for good. Unchecked capitalism less so, but that is another discussion. 

I find it funny how they support captialism everywhere else including places like Russia and their censorship (which is just as bad and) but gina bad  

Archived