Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber & Magnum Force , I Want Your Recoil Back! :(

KamaNightfire

My Poor Lex

With/Without

I was totally fine with having a Grakata and Lex with recoil, simply because I can change my actions with recoil, it's something I can take control of. Now I'm not able to control bullet spread governed by random generation, my Lex took that patch the hardest, it's something I had SPECIFICALLY for being accurate, for which it's not anymore.

If the end-game mobs of 100+ didn't require huge damage increases, I wouldn't mind just taking it off, but you know, no Armor 2.0 yet.

Find a much better fix for being lazy DE. Put some effort into adding manageable recoil to the other guns instead.

2s0nz1s.gif

I was happy with recoil, it's those whom whined about the non-existent recoil on most of the clan-tech weaponry that got their way.

Edited by Hermaphrodite

My Poor Lex

With/Without

I was totally fine with having a Grakata and Lex with recoil, simply because I can change my actions with recoil, it's something I can take control of. Now I'm not able to control bullet spread governed by random generation, my Lex took that patch the hardest, it's something I had SPECIFICALLY for being accurate, for which it's not anymore.

If the end-game mobs of 100+ didn't require huge damage increases, I wouldn't mind just taking it off, but you know, no Armor 2.0 yet.

Find a much better fix for being lazy DE. Put some effort into adding manageable recoil to the other guns instead.

I was happy with recoil, it's those whom whined about the non-existent recoil on most of the clan-tech weaponry that got their way.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As a fellow Lex user I was pretty mad too. Then again non-existent recoil is a problem too.

Edited by alphex

I don't mind the new change... Recoil on my Flux would have been weird. And the bullet spread isn't that bad, but I can see how it would mess up sniper weapons. 

They could release a new normal mod that increases weapon accuracy to counter it though.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. As a fellow Lex user I was pretty mad too. Then again non-existent recoil is a problem too.

For the whole 3 recoil-less weapons, oh noes. We better nerf the F*** out of that S#&$ to make high accuracy weapons pointless to use with this mod! So much for using this mod on my Lex and Snipetron. Wonder how this new accuracy thing will work on those recoil-less weapons since they also had perfect accuracy. 165% less accuracy (as a multiplier) when it's perfect wouldn't change anything, would it.

latron user here, i feel ya. couldn't believe it when i tested, even waiting between shots didn't help.

i don't see how they couldn't add recoil for the snipers and reduce accuracy for the dps monsters.

Edited by SlyBoots

Even with the 165% modifier. Bows and Snipers are garbage compared to the Soma/Synapse in terms of dps. Even then, level 250+ mobs are going to drain your ammo clips. DE needs to get their head straight... Furthermore... DE actually needs to listen to people who play their game if they aren't going to play themselves.

Even with the 165% modifier. Bows and Snipers are garbage compared to the Soma/Synapse in terms of dps. Even then, level 250+ mobs are going to drain your ammo clips. DE needs to get their head straight... Furthermore... DE actually needs to listen to people who play their game if they aren't going to play themselves.

Uh they did listen. Just not to the whole community. 

latron user here, i feel ya. couldn't believe it when i tested, even waiting during shots didn't help.

i don't see how they couldn't add recoil for the snipers and reduce accuracy for the dps monsters.

It's DE. As I heard someone say in a post elsewhere.

"It's like going in to buy a Ferrari, you pick out the one you want, you pay for it and they drive out a Honda."

Edited by ScopeWraith

I don't mind the new change... Recoil on my Flux would have been weird. And the bullet spread isn't that bad, but I can see how it would mess up sniper weapons. 

They could release a new normal mod that increases weapon accuracy to counter it though.

you can find this mod in the game

Stabilizer

Edited by Althix

"This is so lame! I put an accuracy-decreasing modification on my weapon and its accuracy decreased!"

The mod is designed for people who are willing to take the risk of having to be closer to the enemy in order to do more damage, and its concept was so from the start. You don't just put an accuracy-decreasing modification on a sniper-type weapon and expect it to be used just as it was before.

Edited by SortaRandom

"This is so lame! I put an accuracy-decreasing modification on my weapon and its accuracy decreased!"

The mod is designed for people who are willing to take the risk of having to be closer to the enemy in order to do more damage, and its concept was so from the start. You don't just put an accuracy-decreasing modification on a sniper-type weapon and expect it to be used just as it was before.

Of course you don't. However the way you have to use it now is to compensate for the spread (you can't because it's random). If you get closer, might as well use a shotgun instead. Edited by kLai

Of course you don't. However the way you have to use it now is to compensate for the spread (you can't because it's random). If you get closer, might as well use a shotgun instead.

I'll repeat myself in saying that the mod's purpose is to reduce accuracy to make weapons much more viable at a much closer range. There simply isn't a need to compensate for the accuracy when using the mod for its intended purpose. If you want accuracy on your longer-ranged weapons, then don't use the modification that decreases accuracy. Simple as that.

Also, while few Rifles will outperform a shotgun at point-blank range, they're still much more suited for mid-ranged combat than shotguns are, even with this mod. At close-mid range, where Shotguns start to shine, Rifles are still able to pick off headshots with terrifying accuracy, whereas Shotguns have too much spread to make this quite as useful.

latron user here, i feel ya. couldn't believe it when i tested, even waiting between shots didn't help.

Lvl 5 on Heavy Caliber, still quite accurate with my Latron (Sniper build). +90% of damage is quite enough. But the recoil was nice as it added a new gameplay feeling on my Latron.

I'll repeat myself in saying that the mod's purpose is to reduce accuracy to make weapons much more viable at a much closer range.

Did you just say that reducing accuracy makes weapons more viable at a closer range? Because it doesn't.

Reducing accuracy makes a weapon just as viable close range as it was before the reduction, however it is now worse at longer ranges.

There simply isn't a need to compensate for the accuracy when using the mod for its intended purpose.

Its intended purpose is to add damage with a drawback of reducing a weapon's accuracy. Normally with any drawback, this can be countered by skill. For example, if a gun has high damage, it usually has high recoil, smaller magazine or lower fire rate to balance it out. For a player to maximise the damage output for these types of weapons, you'd pull down to counteract the recoil, or aim more carefully with a smaller magazine or lower fire rate in order to accurately hit the target as many times as the weapon allows.

The spread introduced here is completely randomised, meaning even if you aim straight ahead, the gun can deviate from the reticule. The problem here is that the deviation is magnified far beyond our control.

If you want accuracy on your longer-ranged weapons, then don't use the modification that decreases accuracy. Simple as that.

There is a point at which a mod becomes unviable because the either the mod is too situational to rely on or the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits. In my opinion, Heavy Caliber and Magnum Force fall into the latter as reducing accuracy to that degree will render a weapon effectively useless or make it fall into the area where other weapons could be better used.

Also, while few Rifles will outperform a shotgun at point-blank range, they're still much more suited for mid-ranged combat than shotguns are, even with this mod. At close-mid range, where Shotguns start to shine, Rifles are still able to pick off headshots with terrifying accuracy, whereas Shotguns have too much spread to make this quite as useful.

With this mod near maxed, at 10m automatic rifles have an annoying enough spread, at 25m you'll be lucky to hit half your shots.

Hrm. I feel like they don't want people to be able to compensate for the drawback, since that would just make it even more OP, or something like that...no idea.

Yep, skill is OP. Nerf skill.

On a serious note, it's like they absolutely want to remove any requirement for skill in the game, when it's exactly what the game needs at high level.

I mean, it's a end-game mod after all, you need tons of time to max it. It should be compensated by skill.

The same as high mastery rank requirement weapons should be harder to use. And not harder cause you only have a 25 meter range or because you need to forma it 3 times to get the most of it, but because you need skill to use it properly.

Instead of that, we get more RNG. 

It is bad design, not only because it didn't solve the unbalance of recoilless weapons equiped with the mod (some of them are completly unaffected by the change, i.e continuous weapons), but it also made it worse for those with recoil who were fine before (snipers, bows, and all accuracy-dependant weapons)

My suggestion: add vertical recoil, and only that. Make all weapons shoot like the burston/kraken. The more you keep shooting, the more inaccurate your next shot is. But you can still compensate, to an extent.

And it would also add to that "I've got  POOOWAAAAA" feeling when you shoot. The weapon is so powerful you can't control the knockback :p

In a word, punish spread-and-pray gameplay, but reward players for using it wisely. That, is a skill based feature: when the player input takes a more important role in the game than abstract stats.

Snipers would have to be aimed more carefully between shots, automatic weapons would have to be used in short bursts to maintain accuracy, same with continuous fire weapons, etc...  

DE, I humbly plead for you to reconsider that change. 

Edited by Thelonious

RECOIL, we put a mod that increases recoil on our sniper weapons. stop pretending someone could've seen this coming, people said they wanted to add recoil to the weapons that had none.

Lvl 5 on Heavy Caliber, still quite accurate with my Latron (Sniper build). +90% of damage is quite enough. But the recoil was nice as it added a new gameplay feeling on my Latron.

well, can't unfuse it now, can i?

the funny part about this is that the close range dps monsters can still use this mod no problemo.

Edited by SlyBoots