Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is only melee weapons that are really powerfull in this "looter shooter"

x_Xtr3m3_x

Am 13.7.2020 um 03:09 schrieb MrZwitz:

This. Exactly this. 

Pre and post nerf Bramma are identical in damage. The damage itself was not nerfed. And it is not strong enough for Steel Mot. I know cuz I tried. This supposed game breaking gun just had to be nerfed cuz a lot of people were using it, NOT because it was endgame tier. The only endgame tier viable weapons are melee, and DE is too brain dead to admit this and fix it. 

This is like the few times nerfs are unjustified. DE goes by usage but that sometimes hits weapons that are used because they are fun instead of OP too harshly. Last time in April shedu and dragon nikanas riven dispos got nerfed like really? When were these weapons ever OP? But sure leave kronen and gram like they are because u know, they are not overused (simply because most people can't afford rivens for them)

Theres a number of powerful guns to use. Depending on what you are fighting. Melee isn't always king.

I find my 1.7k ignis wrath eats most things. It's easy to use. Cleaves enemies. And is very efficient with ammo.

Kuva nukor slaughters most foes as well.

For bosses requiring sniping rubico prime works well.

I don't need much else.

Just now, BDMblue said:

They could give multipliers to guns(I know snipers have this) and secondary’s. To let them build up to melee dps. Because ya it’s vary different.

I don't typically spam melee and build combo multipliers. No need as i point and spray with ignis wrath and everything melts.

On 2020-07-10 at 5:57 PM, Inichor said:

So, if I'm following the logic: acceltra isn't good > no ranged weapons are good > melee is better than ranged > all guns are useless.

Maybe try some other guns? And if ammo efficiency is an issue, might I suggest, say, fulmin.

plenty of ppl ignoring the over-arching issue in this post for whatever reason, idk. it's pretty common knowledge that melee scales much better at higher levels than primaries and secondaries because of combo counter and acolyte mods. Why is everyone so dismissive? Granted this post doesn't necessarily articulate the balance problem well but why pretend that it doesn't exist? lol DE is immune to logic anyway so why even bother formulating alternatives right? let's all just suck on the proverbial WF phallus.

4 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

It is only those you say it is rubbish but when you know melee weapons in real life is rubbish against arsenal of different type of weapons even against a tank, only a weeb will think their melee weapons is being the great mythical sword that believed it cuts everything even thou armor.  In warframe it may have it but it doesn't mean the dev won't nerf it as well.

Putting realism in a game that has none of it to begin with is the dumbest thing you can do. We get it, you really are NOt a "weeb" but no need to try to prove it so desperately.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Putting realism in a game that has none of it to begin with is the dumbest thing you can do. We get it, you really are NOt a "weeb" but no need to try to prove it so desperately.

OK then fight man with a shotgun pointed at your chest while you have your knife had being 5 feet away from him in real life.  There is 2 obvious reason always must separate the fictional vs non-fiction basically I can tell your a katana boy while the straight sword break katana and straight sword break by HE rounds.  Yet in games now we got steel path now for Corpus weapons the Juna Corpus who has Supra now can screw warframe if your not rev or whatever frame that easily deal with them whcih Corpus's Supra now do splash dmg in another word AoE dmg son.

Melee is thrown into the back for they are only good if you had good frame guard against AoE but you will realized your firing your gun the same time trying weakening either with viral or rads then you'll end up using your abilities again.  Not all Melee always conquered the middle and if you even do melee only steel path run then you can good luck with that because I hope your prepare for the stun lock by very certain enemies including nullifiyer if your going planning to be tanky and also don't forget try kill the bosses including random stalker, random syndicates for they'll got the back of platoon.  Then we got jerk players who may attend to use "Beacon" to call someone else to rattled the field.  Then if you had past all thous pasting all the planet and now you have to do melee only vs PoE's bosses and Solaris's Orb bosses and you have to do this alone like you did with all the planet.  Weeb that $##! out boaster.

On 2020-07-10 at 3:06 PM, x_Xtr3m3_x said:

love how peeps be gettin hung up on acceltra.. jeez i aint gonna make a 20 minute vid showcasing every damn 7-8 forma ranged weapon i got... think outside the box please and get what i'm trying to say here.. melee is vastly more powerful than ranged no matter what gun what mod setup or riven you got.

you could have chosen a weapon that is good outside of the star chart to make your argument and melee has always been better it just did not matter before the steel path

22 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

can I see a build for that mine does not do that in litch missions with a viral build (it has base toxin damage)

You can replace the riven for a bane mod.  for no bane you can use vigilante armarments or hammer shot.  dont really feel like testing which one is better. probably hammer

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/261744539314814976/732742519468589086/ew.png

Lmao you can't compare two different weapon types and expect them to be the same, also the builds are completely different don't expect the same result out of everything. If melee really bothers you THEN DONT USE IT. Too op don't touch it. You have that option, if melee wasn't strong everyone would be S#&$ting they're pants say "omg this game is terrible the melee is so ass" be greatful it's not like wakings old iron staff

11 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I don't typically spam melee and build combo multipliers. No need as i point and spray with ignis wrath and everything melts.

True to a point. 

I think the difference is from steel path quests. Now maybe your ignis has a great riven but mine can’t complete with my melee for high dps. 

On 2020-07-10 at 10:38 PM, x_Xtr3m3_x said:

8 Forma Acceltra with a decent riven   V   7 Forma Zaw scyth with a decent riven.. one would think they would perform somewhat the same no ??

Um, no, not at all. Melee has minimal range therefor needs damage to compensate, pretty simple really

There were a number of times in Warframe's history where non-melee weapons outshined or equalled melee, and during those times melee use dropped drastically.

Closing range takes time, that time could be spent killing hence the killing needs to take less time, simple

15 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

It is only those you say it is rubbish but when you know melee weapons in real life is rubbish against arsenal of different type of weapons even against a tank, only a weeb will think their melee weapons is being the great mythical sword that believed it cuts everything even thou armor.  In warframe it may have it but it doesn't mean the dev won't nerf it as well.

While melee being less effective irl. is mostly true, any true weeb would use a scythe over a sword.

Only low level weebs use swords.

How is this so unfathomable? Melee puts you in more "danger" by having to be nearby enemies, while using ranged weapons is safer, which follows the logic of "less risk, less reward". If you ask me it's supposed to be like this, and always should be.

Now of course, that's all very relative, as you're pretty much immortal in this game anyway, so there's never any "risk", so yes, you're right, melee is better. And that's completely fine. Still, the whole melee vs ranged debate follows the "risk vs reward" concept, and I'm very much ok with that. 

Because they are melee weapons. Those tend to be stronger in video games.

In warframe melee weapons are kinda balanced with enemies that have weak points, enemies with nullifing fields (even tho those are not needed anymore because corpus got a big buff) and having a small range. 

i know i have a pretty beast tiberon prime build and a pretty beast guan do build.... my guan do out paces mr tibers so much that i often forget i even have him!!! i have yet to find a primary or secondary weapon build that can even remotely compete... i run a slide crit build with max reach... i decimate entire rooms before anyone with a gun can get more than one or two kills in the room.... only things like saryn are able to compete 95% of the time

1 hour ago, SweetAnubis said:

i know i have a pretty beast tiberon prime build and a pretty beast guan do build.... my guan do out paces mr tibers so much that i often forget i even have him!!! i have yet to find a primary or secondary weapon build that can even remotely compete... i run a slide crit build with max reach... i decimate entire rooms before anyone with a gun can get more than one or two kills in the room.... only things like saryn are able to compete 95% of the time

Use kuva nukor best competition against melee also it's not that good at tank 30 so you might need to put like 3 or 2 forma

Archived