Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is only melee weapons that are really powerfull in this "looter shooter"

x_Xtr3m3_x

18 hours ago, BladeDphoenix said:

Melee is the brainlets gameplay of choice.  Just run around spamming heavy attack on everything for ez one shots lul. 

Today i tried doing some relics and you know what all the missions had in common? No one had a gun that requires aiming, just point it a little towards enemies and they all die. Most popular (to nobodys suprise) ignis wraith. On the other hand, i never saw anyone spamming heavy attack, except one who was too slow at running at the enemies to kill anyone because the other people had these horribly designed guns.

I stopped using primaries and secondaries months ago (except as statsticks). Not worth the effort.

With melee you can stack force multipliers like acolyth (& amalgam) mods, arcanes, invisibility, naramon and gladiator set on your sentinel and reach absurd damage levels. 

Self healing as cherry on top. I doubt that this is healthy for the game in the long run.

11 hours ago, BDMblue said:

True to a point. 

I think the difference is from steel path quests. Now maybe your ignis has a great riven but mine can’t complete with my melee for high dps. 

Alot depends on what you are fighting. Some enemies require certain tactics.

Hard mode really just makes things bullet sponges.

Yes in the end melee will do more. But there are potent guns in the game.

Personally i have no interest in hard mode. I play for stress relief not challenge. And the rewards are not worth while to me.

If down the road they add more rewards we'll see.

Outside of bosses requiring a sniper rifle. I typically use a dps frame, ignis wrath, kuva nukor, a polearm or duel sword melee. I rarely have issues.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Alot depends on what you are fighting. Some enemies require certain tactics.

Hard mode really just makes things bullet sponges.

Yes in the end melee will do more. But there are potent guns in the game.

Personally i have no interest in hard mode. I play for stress relief not challenge. And the rewards are not worth while to me.

If down the road they add more rewards we'll see.

Outside of bosses requiring a sniper rifle. I typically use a dps frame, ignis wrath, kuva nukor, a polearm or duel sword melee. I rarely have issues.

Well to my melee you don’t see much difference, but my range you do. From 2 hits for a level 100 to 7. Since melee scales once your combo gets up it’s about the same as before. 

Sure now now you get to build combo normally nothing lives that long as to let you, but once you hit that point feels the same.

Honestly, I don't even care that they suck in dmg wise compared to melee. Guns just feel so awful to use. The recoil just feels really bad, then we have these reload that looks like you just learned to use your fingers. Then there's the ammo economy and the accuracy etc. It's a small wonder why the ignis wraith is popular. You can hold the trigger for a long time, decreasing accuracy is actually beneficial, no recoil, decent status and crit and very good ammo economy.

You made a fair point, because despite the fact that your loadout is not minmaxed truelly, the differencial reflects kind of my experience. For greeners it is even worst, I need to aim headshot against greener with a fully minimaxed Kuva Quartakk, god roll riven including -ips, 10/10 bane mod etc...(to one shot I need to proc viral a bit and some slash procs as well wich is ludacris considering the frontload of the burst fire mode).

Your acceltra build is average at best, the riven is not particulary strong your mod setup is a bit weak for Corpus as well. Primaries are not that good against corpus in this game mod but some do significantly better than that as well.

Now about your melee build, the mod setup is good and the zaw seems fine however I'd recommend using exodia brave instead, the one you use is good on stances that have incidental slam(i.e. staves stances). If you want to pull for juicy bleed AoE use arcane anomaly instead, it is faster than random slaming as well. In the other hand if you are not using arcane brave, there is no reason using a zaw to bleed enemies: some weapons have force heavy slashes and will do way more coverage and dps than that. At least exodia brave gives a lot of energy, wich is relevant in SP due to item cd.

Archived