Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon 250 % armor stripping in steel path

shadoom13

I'm not entirely sure if it's a bug or an intentional interaction.

In steel path to fully strip armor oberon has to strip 250% of armor (for example cast 4th ability 9 times without any mods equipped). Other % strip abilities like Nyx' bolts, banshee' augmented 1 ability, ash' augmented 1 ability fully work with 100% armor stripping. Shattering impact also works as usual, I don't need to hit enemies 250% more times.

I'm curious what's the deal with oberon?

Nyx's bolts needs 130% power strength to fully strip armor. She doesn't need that much strength because the base strip% is so high

Banshee also needs 130% power strength. same thing as nyx's.

Oberon's need 200% power strength at minimum to strip armor 60%. so he would need 2 casts to fully remove armor. Get to 334 Power strength for 100% armor strip.

Its just that Oberon just have low base % strip is all and more power strength is needed.

EpicD I wasn't talking about power strength parameter, I was talking about end-point armor strip parameter. Oberon has 30% armor stripping base parameter. Let's say you mod up to 167% power strength and get 50% armor stripping with one cast. Normally you would have to cast 4th ability twice to fully strip mob armor, but in steel path you have to cast it 5 times, oberon has to strip 250% base armor to fully strip actual end-point armor. That's what I was writing about

Any armor strip abilities affect current enemy armor at the time the ability was cast, so they affect armor after considering their current level and any armor modifiers that have already been applied by the time the ability was cast. Example: a specific enemy has 1,000 armor at level 30 and 10,000 armor at level 130. In Steel Path, this enemy has 25,000 armor at level 130 (we're not interest at level 30 - this will not spawn in Steel Path normally). Oberon's armor strip takes (armor strip %) of 25,000 armor per cast, which means at 100% armor strip, he only needs a single cast to strip all the armor on this enemy, even though Steel Path has a 250% armor modifier. Similar story with any other warframes with armor strip abilities.

VariableJack that's the whole question - any other warframe works the way you described except oberon. I've just tried 20 minutes ago 337% power strength build=101% armor strip in steel path, and I had to cast it 3 times to actually strip armor.

In other missions it works just the way you described

Is there a way to upload video so I can actually show what I mean?

Always useful info; I noticed in Steel Path I was getting a reduced effect as well; since we can see a higher armor percentage boost from sorties with that armored modifier and in those Oberon can still remove the armor at a normalish pace.

You can't post a vid directly to the forum, but you could link a vid you hosted elsewhere.

Oberon's actually been like this since his rework, but the only other place where it was noticeable was in armor enhancement sorties. When he first got that armor strip ability, he was made to reduce the current armor of affected enemies, stacking in a similar way to old corrosive. They then changed it to affect the enemy's base armor, which gives us the intended behavior in normal missions where with let's say 50% armor strip per cast would strip full armor off an enemy in two casts. But when the enemies have some sort of bonus like +150% armor, it seems that the armor debuff from Oberon's Reckoning is being applied additively to the armor buffs present on the enemy.

Archived