Steel path MR10 locked

I mean you already have to be MR 5 to unlock parts of the normal star chart and MR 8 to get access to all the relays.  

I mean we got a MR 10 lock on being able to auto install stars into ayatan sculptures.  I don't see harm in locking the steel path behind what most people will probably be close to or already hit by the time they can even meet the other requirements of the steel path. 

• Like 22
6 minutes ago, yarl5000 said:

I don't see harm in locking the steel path behind what most people will probably be close to or already hit by the time they can even meet the other requirements of the steel path. 

The harm is that it's completely unnecessary as the hard mode is fairly well communicated as a hard mode and it's unfair to players who would otherwise be able to engage with the additional content with no other trouble given how unindicative of anything MR is.

I didn't know about the MR lock-out for ayatan auto-install. Frankly, that's bizarre, inaccessible, counterproductive, and backwards.

Edited by Gwyndolin-chan
  • Like 2

I see it as a kind of driving test, similar to how you have to get to Old Mate to earn Hildryn & Baruuk or even have the right to whip an archgun out of your ass.

Stop whining and do your tests.

Edited by (XB1)Primus Patronum
  • Like 15
4 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

The harm is that it's completely unnecessary as the hard mode is fairly well communicated as a hard mode and it's unfair to players who would otherwise be able to engage with the additional content with no other trouble given how unindicative of anything MR is.

I didn't know about the MR lock-out for ayatan auto-install. Frankly, that's bizarre, inaccessible, counterproductive, and backwards.

This is exactly my opinion! 

It is already locked behind finishing the whole starchart which only requires MR5... if the person can handle the content, no need to force require any MR

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

You gotta put in that work for that Quality-of-Life, man. You gotta grind for it. You gotta PROVE you want it.

• Like 15

The only way it's a problem is for those who maintain mastery zero as a weird flex. Otherwise there is no reason whatsoever to be upset over it.

IMO mr10 is too low of a lock given the types of people saying it's too hard already. It wouldn't help much but it's more likely for players to have the gear for the mode at higher mastery.

• Like 10
Just now, Berzerkules said:

It would be fun to run Steel Path on a low level account. Kinda sucks but I understand why it's locked behind MR. 

Fine. Go to your dojo and get a new Volt, a new Braton or Paris from the market, some throwing knives and a Bo, all at rank 0, then go have fun. Let us know if you get to Arbitration.

• Like 9

Raids were MR3 locked i believe, it is unecessary.

Think about it, back when i was MR9, i was at that rank and yet vastly outperformed other players, which caused serious confusion at the end of the missions, like sorties, years have gone by since then (players quit, new players appeared, quickly raising MR beyond 9), i'm MR16 and i put the same effort as before, meaning if i remained at MR9 i would still be overqualified for steel path and other players seriously strugling with some basics (UI, objectives,....) would be able to enter.

DE knows some players either grind to much (which is desired by DE to keep the player playing) or they break the game because no matter what nerfs happen, said players always come out on top, they farm less, possibly hundreds of times less to get the same thing, the issue is that players keep recomending MR as a lock to avoid newbies (who are at the same competence level as them btw) from entering their games.

DE has added several MR gates before, but always made sure the lock wasn't to high, raids were 3 and another game mode was MR4 (can't remember which one), this one at 10 does sound silly to me and as a MR16 player (former MR9) i can say this only appeals to players who consider MR to be a big factor in the outcome and if you're new to warframe, anyone that sees MR as a result metric is an instant red flag in terms of gameplay.

DE placed the lock due to stuff they read in the forums (often by players who quit shortly after, so the feedback picking is atrocious), because they know it doesn't matter, they appeal the players and at the same time garantee the grind and hardship necessary.

Edited by KIREEK

It gives a sense of progression and I'm willing to bet DE just ran the numbers to see the average MR of people who complete the Star Chart.

MR10 is easy to get, I genuinely don't see an issue with having some kind of threshold to start. 

• Like 22

why not? only takes 10 days of playing to get MR10 (and only because of the cooldown on mastery tests)

someone who is less than 10 days in should not be playing the highest level content. If you are years in and under mr10, what are u even doing?

• Like 12

Dunno, but Teshin lines suggest you need to have certain knowledge about our arsenal:

Each enemy is more powerful than before. Only with true mastery of the Tenno Arsenal will you succeed.

I'm not gonna defend it tho, I've played with high MR who are the absolute disgrace of the mission because they just sits on Hidron or E/SO all day, everyday. MR locks for trading are ok tho.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Fine. Go to your dojo and get a new Volt, a new Braton or Paris from the market, some throwing knives and a Bo, all at rank 0, then go have fun. Let us know if you get to Arbitration.

I've considered making a MR5 account to run Arbi. After looking at the MR0-MR5 gear I'd want to run a zaw and kitgun. I realized I'd have to mine/fish and rank cetus/fortuna again and quickly decided against it. 

Some people are into that sort of stuff though. If there was a gear check instead of a MR lock then anyone could run Steel Path as long as they passed the test. DE could have just disguised the test as a mission you do with Teshin where you walk the "Steel Path" on your way to battle tougher enemies or some crap like that. No one would have questioned the gear check and just considered it the part of the update. 

Since people say MR means nothing let it mean nothing and let everyone who is able play all content. I've come across high MR players that sucked and some low MR players that were really good. It does not affect me at all either way but I'm just trying to think about it from someone else's perspective.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

You gotta put in that work for that Quality-of-Life, man. You gotta grind for it. You gotta PROVE you want it.

That's a completely arbitrary, baseless, artificially manufactured barrier.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

That's a completely arbitrary, baseless, artificially manufactured barrier.

This is a video game, everything is arbitrary, baseless and an artificially manufactured barrier.  

• Like 16
3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What MR are you?

^^ This is a very important and relevant question to the topic.  

3 hours ago, TheGuyver said:

I wish they made it 15+ with more requirements behind it.

7G5TZ4x.png

11 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This is a video game, everything is arbitrary, baseless and an artificially manufactured barrier.  

EpyRyCP.gif

• Like 4