Steel path MR10 locked

23 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

This is a video game, everything is arbitrary, baseless and an artificially manufactured barrier.  

At least that addresses our want for stimulation. What's the point of an MR 10 gate?

• Like 1
Just now, Gwyndolin-chan said:

At least that addresses our want for stimulation. What's the point of an MR 10 gate?

Unless a DE drops by to answer, we can only speculate.

My speculation is further up in the thread. 

I usually lurk in the forums but this subject is pretty relavent to me as a self-imposed MR 6 Speed Hydriod Pre-Quills main.

Steel Path is absolutely amazing to speculate to be able to do with my restrictions. I was pretty hype about it, a playstyle that has forced gunplay and selective melee and ability use moments seems like it would fit right in with few powerful spawning enemies that are bullet sponges that you have to figure out how to manipulate or solve like a cipher.

Unfortunately, the requirements bar someone like me who like extra challenge for what it is and don't even need a reward for even thinking about playing these type of missions with my restrictions would be the reward in itself.

I could wait while I put excessive Forma on my Hydriod, Opticor Vandal, Furis, and Scindo. I can hope sometime down the line DE'll have to open it up a for someone like me at some point. I'll just see the wait for this to be available to me as another challenge.

I'm thinking 100 forma for each of my equips till that happens? Maybe more... 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

We can reach MR29 already. MR10 is almost a third of it...actually no, not really, considering every rank takes more than the previous. MR10 is barely an achievement at this point so i must ask, why is it so frowned upon to have the hardest content in the game, locked behing some progression? Most people at these ranks (and below) won't even enjoy the hard mode because high damage and "sponge". I mean we've already seasoned players in here calling sponges etc. I personally like it when i play games and have to actually progress before getting into the harder content instead of getting carried.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

They're MR29.

So...a troll thread?

Edited by IceColdHawk
  • Like 4

It may be unnecessary , but is it really that big of an issue?

You need to have completed the star chart and some of the junctions have MR locks if i am not wrong.

• Like 2

The MR lock is just making sure players know how to basically bullet jump and all the other basics I guess, as MR really doesn't dictates one's skill.

If DE really wanted to lock it behind difficulty, they could have factored different requirements, challenging requirements.

From my experience from Steel path publlic. About 80% ppl are MR 25+ and have no problems contributing to the mission. Sometimes i see high MR ppl doing nothing or ranking weapons ...in Steel path...come on guys.

But the number of players below MR 15 that are actually useful is really low. There are some , usually second accounts or veterans without need of MRs but until we get some real skill check (MR tests are some, i mean you are forced to solo them and found a way to do them as easy as possible), MR is all we can look at. So i am happy it at least have some restrictions. 

For some real challenge (or find the cheese) i would make the whole Steel path solo only 😄

• Like 5

Huh. MR10 locked? I must've missed this in the patch notes.

Unnecessary in my opinion. Finishing the whole solar map is a hidden MR lock in itself already and if people did that, chances are that their skill level are the same, MR5 or 10. You get there (to MR10) pretty quickly anyway.

Meanwhile,  some of the MR28+ Draco/Hydron/SO/ESO/Adaro kids get carried in PoS as they still have no idea how to play this game besides leveling stuff. Just in case: I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I telling that everyone with a high MR doesn't know how to play the game, of course. Just stating that MR doesn't mean much in terms of game knowledge/skills which makes it a bad choice when it comes to limitations.

Also @KIREEK I know it's not imporatant but raids were not MR locked. At least they weren't from 1.5 years before they were gone to when they got removed.

Edited by Redeye
Clarification and better frenglish
46 minutes ago, Redeye said:

Also @KIREEK I know it's not imporatant but raids were not MR locked. At least they weren't from 1.5 years before they were gone to when they got removed.

Maybe i made a mistake, i was under the impression there was a minimun MR to able to access Trials/raids

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

Huh. MR10 locked? I must've missed this in the patch notes.

Unnecessary in my opinion. Finishing the whole solar map is a hidden MR lock in itself already and if people did that, chances are that their skill level are the same, MR5 or 10. You get there (to MR10) pretty quickly anyway.

Meanwhile,  some of the MR28+ Draco/Hydron/SO/ESO/Adaro kids get carried in PoS as they still have no idea how to play this game besides leveling stuff. Just in case: I'm not pointing fingers, nor am I telling that everyone with a high MR doesn't know how to play the game, of course. Just stating that MR doesn't mean much in terms of game knowledge/skills which makes it a bad choice when it comes to limitations.

MR test are just proven skill checks, the game and others dont know if your experienced or skilled just because you say you are. At very least if you see a high mr player you can expect some skill(Exceptions apply), same with low mr players may not have optimal gear and builds or not as experienced(Exceptions apply). 

In return of successfully proving by passing the mr test you get rewarded/reconised.

Opinion, stopping at a low mr to limit youself is a personal choice, but you shouldnt expect the game or other to reconise your skill at a glance.

Unlike rpg games theres no linear progression system in warframe, so putting a base MR requirement on veteran content is justified.

Its true you can be mr 10 in ten days, but only if your skilled enough to pass each test on first try.

Edited by (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 2

I'm still surprised. Because if you completed the starchart you need less than 200K mastery to get to mr 10. Your account must be 10 days old sure, but in 10 days atm getting 200K mr is almost incidental.

Prepare yourself by grinding a nice loadout. For S#&$ty mastery grind tips: leveling up weapons in RJ to get more mastery is good(all intrinsics lvl5 gives 30K mastery wich is 10 weapons worth of it).

Edited by Galuf
  • Like 1
On 2020-07-10 at 11:06 PM, Hypernaut1 said:

What MR are you?

Im running an MR5 doing sorties, arbs and whatnot. Only limitation so far were rivens, but now Im locked out of content which is very sad.

On 2020-07-11 at 4:58 AM, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

I usually lurk in the forums but this subject is pretty relavent to me as a self-imposed MR 6 Speed Hydriod Pre-Quills main.

Steel Path is absolutely amazing to speculate to be able to do with my restrictions. I was pretty hype about it, a playstyle that has forced gunplay and selective melee and ability use moments seems like it would fit right in with few powerful spawning enemies that are bullet sponges that you have to figure out how to manipulate or solve like a cipher.

Unfortunately, the requirements bar someone like me who like extra challenge for what it is and don't even need a reward for even thinking about playing these type of missions with my restrictions would be the reward in itself.

I could wait while I put excessive Forma on my Hydriod, Opticor Vandal, Furis, and Scindo. I can hope sometime down the line DE'll have to open it up a for someone like me at some point. I'll just see the wait for this to be available to me as another challenge.

I'm thinking 100 forma for each of my equips till that happens? Maybe more... 

Exactly! Im running an MR5 doing all sorts of stuff, like arbs, sorties, liches and whatnot... was having fun at steel path till I reached an MR gate which makes no sense whatsoever...

• Like 2

1. While I realise every player on the forums who's <10MR is killing it every mission with 99% damage, I've yet to encounter a player like that in game.

Like it or not, developed players under mr10 are the exeption.

E.G. yesterday in a relic run we grouped with an mr7, he did nothing and couldn't get to extraction in the 1m time.

Now, I'm not saying this to bash on the guy, he will learn. But imagine, however if the guy was on a steel path mission.

2. While MR is not indicative of power, ESO sleepers aside, it is indicative of knowledge. 

3. MR10 is 250k mastery, roughly 1/9 of what the game currenty has, locking high level content in any other game at this point of progression would be viewed as mental. 

4. I know its "hip" to complain about the most basic things, but will there be 1 thing that would not be blown out of proportion? It's not doing anyone a favor. DE are getting bashed that they don't listen, but when everything you do is met with negativity you either stop listening or you stop trying and that's not good for either party.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 3

Which shouldn't be a problem at all. By the time you finish the Star chart and run an Arbitration your going to at least MR10. With around 400 weapons and the amount of Warframes in the game you have plenty of options ar your disposal to rank up 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

2. While MR is not indicative of power, ESO sleepers aside, it is indicative of knowledge. 

NnY936U.gif

I had to laugh at this.  While I understand that your statement would be the logical assumption to make, the reality actually says otherwise.  There have been countless times on both forum and in game in which quite a few higher MR players have shown lack of knowledge.  Anyone who says they know everything there is to know about WF is also lying their ass off.  

While I'm MR27 and have a good bit of knowledge on certain things in the game, I can admit that there are quite a few that I don't know.  This has a lot to do with how I play and my chosen playstyle.  There are just some aspects of the game that I don't experience or experience in a different manner.  

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

NnY936U.gif

I had to laugh at this.  While I understand that your statement would be the logical assumption to make, the reality actually says otherwise.  There have been countless times on both forum and in game in which quite a few higher MR players have shown lack of knowledge.  Anyone who says they know everything there is to know about WF is also lying their ass off.  

While I'm MR27 and have a good bit of knowledge on certain things in the game, I can admit that there are quite a few that I don't know.  This has a lot to do with how I play and my chosen playstyle.  There are just some aspects of the game that I don't experience or experience in a different manner.  

Well, the game does not push for nor track any data that would show "knowledge" of mechanics, and even if it did forum would still argue over them so....

• Like 1
On 2020-07-10 at 9:54 PM, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Fine. Go to your dojo and get a new Volt, a new Braton or Paris from the market, some throwing knives and a Bo, all at rank 0, then go have fun. Let us know if you get to Arbitration.

You got a problem with VOLT????!  Don’t make me call MagPrime...

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Mastery rank isn't indicative of anything, be it skill or knowledge. Do you have any idea how many 25+ MR players I see that don't know how to do things like lua spy vaults or animal conservation? People chase MR because it's something to do, the only thing it indicates is how much time or money someone is willing to put into the game. 

You should never use mastery as an indicator for anything. 

• Like 3