Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path MR10 locked

kuryux

20 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

NnY936U.gif

I had to laugh at this. 

Laugh all you want, it is a fact that an average mr20 would have tried more equipment than an averagemr10 and that there is "more knowledge". Everything else you've said is subject to your personal interpretation.

5 hours ago, kuryux said:

Exactly! Im running an MR5 doing all sorts of stuff, like arbs, sorties, liches and whatnot... was having fun at steel path till I reached an MR gate which makes no sense whatsoever...

I can do the waiting game. I got lots of years left in me to see if they'll give an alternate route of giving Steel Path to people like us.

On 2020-07-10 at 9:14 PM, kuryux said:

Just...why? This is very disappointing and utter unecessary 

They don't want new players getting blown up. I'm still all for an MR requirement for Kuva Lich missions. It's nothing personal. I'd love a forma requirement for some circumstances but I can see how people would find that a bit much.

38 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

Mastery rank isn't indicative of anything, be it skill or knowledge. Do you have any idea how many 25+ MR players I see that don't know how to do things like lua spy vaults or animal conservation? People chase MR because it's something to do, the only thing it indicates is how much time or money someone is willing to put into the game. 

You should never use mastery as an indicator for anything. 

Knowledge is not this 1 thing which you either have or don't, it's different aspects of gameplay and higher mr at least shows said player has tested more equipment, rather than rip off a zaw build off youtube and pretend he's good because he's winning on damage.

Because aparently the latter is what most on the forum view as "a good player" these days.

38 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

higher mr at least shows said player has tested more equipment,

NO.  It only shows that they ranked up that equipment.  Equipment doesn't even need to be used to get ranked up.   A player can have it get passively ranked up just by being in a mission with a group and not even using it.  

41 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Knowledge is not this 1 thing which you either have or don't, it's different aspects of gameplay and higher mr at least shows said player has tested more equipment, rather than rip off a zaw build off youtube and pretend he's good because he's winning on damage.

Because aparently the latter is what most on the forum view as "a good player" these days.

I'm sorry, but what? lol You're trying to use knowledge like a broad term here and I fail to see any logic in the rest of your post considering how many fodder weapons there are with the ability to passively level stuff. Just because you leveled it doesn't mean you played around with it.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

NO.  It only shows that they ranked up that equipment.  Equipment doesn't even need to be used to get ranked up.   A player can have it get passively ranked up just by being in a mission with a group and not even using it.  

You say mission, I hear ESO.

59 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

I'm sorry, but what? lol You're trying to use knowledge like a broad term here and I fail to see any logic in the rest of your post considering how many fodder weapons there are with the ability to passively level stuff. Just because you leveled it doesn't mean you played around with it.

Ofc. You fail to see logic. You have to keep with the herd mentality of "mr means nothing" without a trace of an original thought on your part.

I'm not saying MR equals skill.

I'm not saying MR equals play time.

I'm not saying MR grants a form of superiority.

What I am saying is that MR is an indicator of this part of game knowledge which refers to equipment and to some extent, how its used and your responce and the one above show nothing more than your approach.

You'd be surprised how much "fodder" is actually enjoyable to use, but I guess if there isn't a youtube video about it it's not worth the effort.

But let me put it this way, which in game statistic (not arguing how effective it may be) best shows a player's progression?

Are you telling me, if you look at an mr3 and an mr13 you'll have doubts which player will outperform the other?

3 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

show nothing more than your approach.

that is an assumption that is wrong.  At least in regards to me.  

4 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

What I am saying is that MR is an indicator of this part of game knowledge which refers to equipment

And we are telling you that MR is only an indicator of a player ranking up equipment.  It doesn't show that equipment being used.  You have have to view the player profile to see the actual use of the equipment.   

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

And we are telling you that MR is only an indicator of a player ranking up equipment.  It doesn't show that equipment being used.  You have have to view the player profile to see the actual use of the equipment.   

Don't we have the weekly rousing discussions about how MR x test is impossible, with two sides of the coin arguing vs that and trivial? 

It may be little but if nothing it's an indicator that the player understands the game at some level.

Please remember that I did say "While I understand that your statement would be the logical assumption to make, the reality actually says otherwise." 😄

23 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Don't we have the weekly rousing discussions about how MR x test is impossible

Those are usually the MR 9 and 19 tests which are Stealth Tests.  Tests which haven't taken into account that DE has pretty much broken Stealth mechanics in the game.  Something I have been stating on the forums since PoE was added.  PoE update is just one of the first changes to Enemy detect range and Stealth that directly effected those Tests.  Removal of channeled melee which destroys the bodies was the last one.  Basically all the changes to Stealth mechanics DE made to stop efficient Focus farming greatly effected those 2 tests making them both much easier to fail than they previously were.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

Tests which haven't taken into account that DE has pretty much broken Stealth mechanics in the game.

Can also confirm, during my practice runs I was being detected seconds after jumping off the main platform, not bullet jumping, I mean LITERALLY WALKING OFF THE EDGE.

I also got detected by an enemy above me through the floor and noticed by an enemy on the other side of the map multiple times.

Stealth is a hot mess at the moment.

43 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

What I am saying is that MR is an indicator of this part of game knowledge which refers to equipment and to some extent, how its used and your responce and the one above show nothing more than your approach.

No, it's not. That's your opinion, and that doesn't make it factual.  

You'd be surprised how much "fodder" is actually enjoyable to use, but I guess if there isn't a youtube video about it it's not worth the effort.

Fodder be fodder yo. When you play the game as long as I have, you can see right off the bat what's going to be junk. I don't need clickbait youtube videos to tell me about a weapon or frame, considering how minimal the actual build diversity is. The core concepts of this game aren't that difficult to grasp.

But let me put it this way, which in game statistic (not arguing how effective it may be) best shows a player's progression?

There is no true measure of progression in this game. You can have all the time played, weapons and frames built, and whatever else. That still doesn't mean anything, you can clear what "content" this game has as easily as a kitten can bat at a headphone wire. 

Are you telling me, if you look at an mr3 and an mr13 you'll have doubts which player will outperform the other?

I wouldn't have any expectations of either of them. The rank 3 player could have bought prime access and be tearing through a map with a build off of youtube, while the 13 player could just be a casual hopping through the star chart. There's too many variables to ever have a baseline for something like that. 

That's like asking who the better player is, the rank 29 player who mains a saryn with an ignis or a rank 29 who mains a nova and has been playing for seven years. There's no way to tell who the better player is, but just because someone plays a frame who excels in ESO, doesn't make them a good player. 

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Can also confirm, during my practice runs I was being detected seconds after jumping off the main platform, not bullet jumping, I mean LITERALLY WALKING OFF THE EDGE.

I also got detected by an enemy above me through the floor and noticed by an enemy on the other side of the map multiple times.

Stealth is a hot mess at the moment.

Yep.  DE added the ability of enemies to see dead bodies (which don't show for us) combined with the only weapon that can destroy those bodies now being the Arca Plasmor now that channeled melee is gone.  

Edit: Most players don't know that the Arca Plasmor is the only weapon that destroys enemy bodies.  It's something only those who have used it while trying to build Stealth Multipliers would ever notice. 

edit:  I was just informed that Opticor, Ferrox, and Nukor can all dissolve bodies too.  

On 2020-07-10 at 6:14 PM, kuryux said:

utter unecessary 

On 2020-07-10 at 6:29 PM, Gwyndolin-chan said:

completely unnecessary

On 2020-07-10 at 6:35 PM, kuryux said:

no need

On 2020-07-10 at 6:55 PM, KIREEK said:

unecessary.

I gotta be honest with you guys: I don't think just saying "it's unnecessary" qualifies as an argument. The word has negative connotations, yes, but so what? How is it unnecessary, and how is it relevant?

23 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I gotta be honest with you guys: I don't think just saying "it's unnecessary" qualifies as an argument. The word has negative connotations, yes, but so what? How is it unnecessary, and how is it relevant?

Because DE isn't interested in making sure players are ready, because many of them are, like many of them aren't.

I met a high MR player who called on me because i left the reactor room on a magnetic hazard sabotage, when you have players still strugling with the objectives and don't understand what's going on, you quickly realize the MR isn't gating anything.

The MR is there to force a grind, making sure player below MR10 have to play in order to hang out with the player doing hard mode, it's a retention thing, they simply force gameplay.

Many things before gameplay wise were either tiered or had a low MR requirement, so that even newbies could experience the new gameplay, sorties, bounties and even granum void have always a low requirement for entry

Steel path has no tiers, so it could have been similar to sorties no? guess not, at MR10 they are pushing new players to grind, regardless if they are ready or not to be there.

If they relied on completion ratio (like 90% and above), quit rate (below 5%), forcing players to purchase a key that used arbitration rewards, now that would force players not to quit so much and would actually force players to complete missions, then they would be ready for steel path, atleast most of them.

4 hours ago, KIREEK said:

at MR10 they are pushing new players to grind, regardless if they are ready or not to be there.

So, your logic is that MR locks are bad because a new player will see an MR lock and grind to unlock it

I don't think I can agree with you here either. I mean sure that's technically true, but I don't agree it is a problem

On 2020-07-10 at 8:35 PM, kuryux said:

This is exactly my opinion! 

It is already locked behind finishing the whole starchart which only requires MR5... if the person can handle the content, no need to force require any MR

IF.  Some people get carried. 

My opinion...  "yawn" wake me when something important happens.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Then what's the problem?

They posted later in the thread that they're going through as a MR 5, so either they don't know we can check their in game profile or, they've got an alt they're keeping at a low rank. 

Archived